Am I the only one who is always...

Options
2»

Replies

• llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I find that oatmeal (not instant) with milled flax seed, plus a little fruit holds me much better than eggs in the morning. I know it goes against conventional wisdom, but eggs make me hungry.

I might have to try those egg substitutes, though, if they'll make me ravishing by 10 am :happy:
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat something. Getting hungry every three hours or so is pretty normal for me. I just eat something: yogurt, fruit, pretzels, celery/peanut butter - just something to tide me over to the next meal but not too many calories.
  • leanne2376
    leanne2376 Posts: 217
    Options
    i have found that by adding carbs (a small piece of bread) with my eggs really helps and i am not hungry til lunch time.

Hope that helps you
  • jimmychoo2shoes
    Options
    You might just need to find the right foods to keep you satisfied. I've been doing carbs and protein with every meal and snack and have found this very satisfying for me. So, for breakfast I have egg substitue (1/4 cup) with tomatoes and some old fashioned oatmeal (usually with some fruit and chia seeds and a little agave). Then I eat a snack mid-morning, which is also protein and carbs, like some tuna and carrot sticks. Then lunch, then another afternoon snack of protein and carbs. You get the idea. I was having much more difficulty when I was eating less protein or not eating carbs and protein in combination. But basically, I think everyone might be different, as you can see from the posts, so maybe trying different combos might help.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Do you HAVE to eat so early? I wait and eat around 8:30-9am. I just can't eat that early. Then I still eat at a normal lunchtime so I don't over eat at lunch. Snack at 4:30 then dinner between 6-6:30. Maybe that will work for you too.

Well, unless I found a place to live closer to my work, yes, I have to eat that early. I live 12 miles, which translates to 30 - 60 minutes, depending on traffic. I make eggs and then put them in a tupperware container and eat them in the car. It's the only way I'd get to eat.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    For the person who asked what egg substitute is, it's like eggs but doesn't contain all the fats, etc. I get mine at Aldi - $1.49 for the same container of Better than Eggs you'd get at GIANT or ACME for $4.99 .. and it's the same thing
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    3 meals and 2 snacks inbetween works for me, it keeps me filled up. I try to load up with fiber in the morning, the worst is the time between breakfast and lunch. My work schedule is very irregular and sometimes I don't get to eat my snack at mid morning because I'm with clients or driving. I figure the feeling of hunger isn't going to kill me and I get to eat my snack as soon as I have the time.