Anger - How do you deal with it ?

Options
SuperMoniMonk
SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
I don't think I have an anger problem..but I will admit there are times that it sneaks up on me ..
i don't like the feeling.

Being filled with Anger is as dangerous as being way high on drugs, and we may end up doing things or saying things we later regret.

How do you deal with Anger?

Replies

• outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I run. I even have a custom exercise called, 'Angry Running.'
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I run. Really.

My husband and I started a rule when we first got married that we have a safe word during an argument or a bad day etc. If he hears it from me he knows I'm serious and I just need space, that's the clue to leave me the heck alone for awhile until I have time to cool off.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    maybe try boxing or kickboxing - punch the frustrations out.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    pouring_beer-902.jpg
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I swim - swim til I'm exhausted. The fresh air & sun improves my mood. Also, I clean. Clean my apt like a maniac. When you're mad is a good time to clean a closet or other detail type stuff. When I'm really angry, I can tear thru my apt like a white tornado - clean the whole place in about 2 hrs
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I was in that position yesterday... I now walk, walk, walk, and walk or I put on my gloves and go to the gym and punch a bag and mutter under my breath the reasons I am pissed off. I hate the feeling of being angry and helpless!
  • moprincess76
    Options
    i take a foam baseball bat and go out and whack the crap out of a tree... I burn off the mad..
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I run. I've found that running helps me work through the anger. I actually use running as anger management, stress reliever and to help boost my mood when I'm feeling down for some reason.

I love running. :)
  • moprincess76
    Options
    I swim - swim til I'm exhausted. The fresh air & sun improves my mood. Also, I clean. Clean my apt like a maniac. When you're mad is a good time to clean a closet or other detail type stuff. When I'm really angry, I can tear thru my apt like a white tornado - clean the whole place in about 2 hrs

next time you get mad... could you come to my house????
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Apparently I have an anger problem :laugh:

I would've liked to see non-exercise ways to deal, as if I'm annoyed the LAST thing I'm going to do is go on a run/walk, because that usually results in the other person thinking they've won. And I won't allow that :tongue:
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have found that as I have gotten older, I let more things roll off my back and realize it's not worth my time to get upset. This has helped dealing with my wife, kids, and my job. There are times you have to not get angry or you can just inflame the situation. I have better things to focus my energy on, sometimes I will go to the gym and run. Just ask yourself, what is gained by e being mad and losing my temper.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    My depression and anxiety tends to manifest itself as anger, so getting treatment for that was a big step in the right direction. And running really, really helps.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I cry and then go on a LONG walk. I never yell when I'm mad, for some reason the tears just flow!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I pray. and exercise helps too.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    yep I am in the running and walking gang, trouble is though I am currently injured so I cannot use my safety valve. I have been very angry for a couple of days now and not being able to get it out has been awful and I have found myself crying. I cannot wait to get running again crying in frustration is not good, not at all.....
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

I would've liked to see non-exercise ways to deal, as if I'm annoyed the LAST thing I'm going to do is go on a run/walk, because that usually results in the other person thinking they've won. And I won't allow that :tongue:

That is true, but some people feed on you keeping the arguement going, when you just turn and walk away, they get more frustrated because you took away their ability to keep yapping. Think of a witty comeback and walk away. You waste a lot of time and energy getting the last word and who cares if they think they won, if you are mad at them, do you really care what they think :smile:
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I have an anger problem,

Lifting weights and heavy metal music cures me of it.

I take out all of my anger, frustration, and stress on the weights.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    pouring_beer-902.jpg

I just love you, Carl.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

That is true, but some people feed on you keeping the arguement going, when you just turn and walk away, they get more frustrated because you took away their ability to keep yapping. Think of a witty comeback and walk away. You waste a lot of time and energy getting the last word and who cares if they think they won, if you are mad at them, do you really care what they think :smile:
    You should totally be a therapist!
    I just get angry over little things, my mother actually confronted me yesterday about my anger, so I guess I really need to take a note there. A lot of the time I won't walk away because it's a house and I think it's rude to walk out. Then when I come back they're like 'Why did you leave?'
    I just need to learn to let things flyyy~
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Exercise. The angrier I am the harder I work out, and usually after a couple of hours (over and above the usual time) i'm calm, clear headed, and possibly have a solution in mind.