Weight loss tips anyone?

Options
Hello All, I find myself on and off this site a lot. I’d get on reach my goal,and gain my weight back. So here I am following the same pattern once again. I’ve reached the biggest I’ve ever been. I would normally range 200-220 pounds. I love myself at that size even though it’s still not a healthy weight. For my height and age I should be about 150. My doctor informed me at a recent visit that I can’t continue my lifestyle. I have very unhealthy eating habits. At the age of 26 I’m 100 pounds overweight. I should be 150 instead I’m 256. I really want to make a change for the better but it’s so hard. I love food. My doctor informed me that I’m well on my way to diabetes. A lot of my family members have diabetes. I don’t want to be apart of that group, so I know I need to change. My doctor prescribed me Phentermine after reading reviews I’m terrified to use it. So if anyone have any tips I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• Nicholas9Hutchinson
    Options
    try not to worry about it that much..... simply know that you are ultimatly in control of your body, i would recommend a healthy nutrient rich diet (try and keep the calories around 2000) dont worry if you eat slightly to many or little calories! my most important tip would be try and get active (im not saying go to the gym everyday) but find a hobby you like (Cheer,soccer, dancing, swimming, working out, it could be anything)
  • kbruynell1
    kbruynell1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Janique - One of my biggest enabler TO LOSE WEIGHT was try not to look at the big picture and the amount of weight you need to lose, but think about the baby steps and little goals. For instance my first goal was try only to have one helping at dinner (and all meals) so let's say one helping is a 1/2 cup of rice, 4 oz of grilled chicken and a cup of roasted veggies - what I'd do is take half my one helping (ie 1/4 c rice, 2 oz of chicken and 1/2 C roasted veggies) then go back and get the other half of my ONE helping and it made me feel like I was eating more but in reality I easily cut half the calories I was eating. I did that goal for two weeks before adding on my next goal so my first goal was just natural for me after a few weeks. My second goal was park further away and take the stairs. Every day I'd take seven flights to my office at least once a day - the first week I was SURE I was going to die but then after a few weeks it became automatic and came naturally. You know what things you need to do to be healthy, just take one thing on at a time so you will not be overwhelmed! I've attached a before and after picture (down 145+ pounds), no more pre-diabetes, no more metabolic syndrome, no more aches and pains, I can fit into one seat comfortably on the airplane, I can cross my legs and able to buy size 6 clothes (down from size 24). Living life to the fullest now!!

dhjubkda1zt0.png
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I love food, too. I eat the foods I love. I stay in a calorie deficit. I lose weight.