Three Years Later

2»

Replies

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Listening! Losing weight again after two years of maintenance. On my way back down, trying to hit that happy balance this time. Exercise is fine, calories are okay for now, but I really struggled to maintain. I don’t want to lose a large amount again. It wasn’t as bad as the first time, but it is crazy to keep having to start over. All tips are welcome!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    I'm over 7 years into this process now and maintenance continues to be very challenging for me, more-so the further into it I get. Like you I got so freakin' tired of the tracking, the hunger from having to stop eating because I was out of calories etc. And then this year I started transitioning into perimenopause, and that's added a layer of difficulty on top of an already frustrating experience.

I've made some drastic changes to my maintenance plan over the past few months and things are going much better now but I know that I have a long road ahead of me yet, along with the ups and downs that will continue to come as I get closer to menopause etc.

I don't have any advice but I completely understand and empathize with you. Best of luck to you as you continue to move forward ~hugs~

@SarahAnne3958
    Thank you for your insights.

I’m curious what drastic changes you made to your maintenance , if you are willing to share!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Thanks for the update @MelanieCN77
    I've not logged this week and feeling very on top of things. I've not logged before different times and for several months at a time. I go back to logging now and again if I see weight creep but I've realised I actually don't need to log to either lose/maintain. And not logging makes me happy :smile:
    I like having the confidence to know I really do have this and I think you have too :smiley: