Signed up for free 30 day trial

Hello, im Andrew, 32 from Scotland. I have been using mfp for around a year now and have been backwards and forwards with it. I have been exercising and eating well for a spell then hitting the takeaways for a few weeks in a row here and there.

I signed up to the 30 day trial and have just realised there is a community chat. I'm not into social media much but it would be good to see what everyone else is up to on here.

I want to tone up to be in good shape but also want to apply my fitness to karate which I love doing. Is anyone else into martial arts or flexibility training?
I'm toying with the idea of counting macros but it seems like a mind field. Can someone help me with this or point me in the right direction please?

Can I add some of you to my friends list to see what you all are up to and use any information you have for my own journey?

Thank you.

Replies

• hunnersahings
    hunnersahings Posts: 8 Member
    I have since found the pages with all the information with macros and calories. I didn't realise simply inputting the weight you want to gain in the app calculates it all for you. That's great!
  • Usman70lbs
    Usman70lbs Posts: 24 Member
    Hello, im Andrew, 32 from Scotland. I have been using mfp for around a year now and have been backwards and forwards with it. I have been exercising and eating well for a spell then hitting the takeaways for a few weeks in a row here and there.

I signed up to the 30 day trial and have just realised there is a community chat. I'm not into social media much but it would be good to see what everyone else is up to on here.

I want to tone up to be in good shape but also want to apply my fitness to karate which I love doing. Is anyone else into martial arts or flexibility training?
    I'm toying with the idea of counting macros but it seems like a mind field. Can someone help me with this or point me in the right direction please?

Can I add some of you to my friends list to see what you all are up to and use any information you have for my own journey?

Thank you.

Hi Andrew,
    I'm the same with takeaways. I currently have rough macro targets but I have been prioritising the total calorie goal. For me being able to eat a reasonable portion size is a habit that I'm trying to develop.

Happy for you to add me as a freind.
  • hunnersahings
    Usman70lbs wrote: »

Thank you.

Hi Andrew,
    I'm the same with takeaways. I currently have rough macro targets but I have been prioritising the total calorie goal. For me being able to eat a reasonable portion size is a habit that I'm trying to develop.

Portion size is hard. I am worried that eating to much might make me struggle to shift fat. I suppose I need to learn to build and then cut. It's all a bit confusing. Theres always conflicting ideas about what to do. I've added you. Thank you for sending a request.

I want to get rid of the gut and grow the chicken legs in turkey ones!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Usman70lbs wrote: »

Thank you.

Hi Andrew,

Portion size is hard. I am worried that eating to much might make me struggle to shift fat. I suppose I need to learn to build and then cut. It's all a bit confusing. Theres always conflicting ideas about what to do. I've added you. Thank you for sending a request.

I want to get rid of the gut and grow the chicken legs in turkey ones!

Do you need to lose weight, and if so how much? Or are you already at a healthy weight, you just want more muscle, less fat?
  • hunnersahings
    I am a healthy weight. I am 5'9 and weigh 160lbs. I want to get rid of the last bit of fat on my belly but build muscle. I have been struggling to get rid of it so I have decided to concentrate on building muscle and see what happens with the belly. What about you, do you have a particular goal?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited October 2019
    I am a healthy weight. I am 5'9 and weigh 160lbs. I want to get rid of the last bit of fat on my belly but build muscle. I have been struggling to get rid of it so I have decided to concentrate on building muscle and see what happens with the belly. What about you, do you have a particular goal?

I've been maintaining for a couple of years, just trying to get in better shape and not gain weight back, and wasting a lot of time here in the forums! It sounds like what you want is to "recomp", this thread might help:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Another karateka here! I love my karate! Its not doing much for my weight loss but anyway. I love it nonetheless. The dojo is extended family
  • hunnersahings
    kimny72 wrote: »

I've been maintaining for a couple of years, just trying to get in better shape and not gain weight back, and wasting a lot of time here in the forums! It sounds like what you want is to "recomp", this thread might help:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

The forums are full of information. Thank you for welcoming me and the link.
  • hunnersahings
    Another karateka here! I love my karate! Its not doing much for my weight loss but anyway. I love it nonetheless. The dojo is extended family

Great! What style of karate do you do and where abouts? What about for your flexibility?