Meal Plan HELP!

Options
cubana9779
cubana9779 Posts: 1 Member
Please help me with meal planning. Is there a food blogger that you follow that has weekly plans that you’ve actually tried and loved?
I was losing weight for awhile but now it’s not going down anymore. I have about 45 more lbs to lose. I know it’s my food intake because I don’t know how to get my meal plan inorder. I workout at a Bootcamp 5 days a week. I have picky kids and husband so I never know what to feed them. Most nights it’s fast food cause of our busy schedule. I have 5yr old twin boys so I stress eat. I’m a recipe follow kinda cook, so I can’t think of stuff to put together on my own. I have an instant pot & crockpot so I have the tools, I just need help with the recipes.
Please help me.

Replies

• Danicus10
    Danicus10 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    the crock pot will save your life. Try just throwing couple chicken breast in and cook it till it shreds easy. then you can add different sauces to make different meals like put it in a pita with taziki sauce a tomato and lettuce and onion and you have chicken gyros or as a hot sauce and put it over rice add some beans corn and tomato's and you have a buffalo bowl. dosnt have to be hard dont over think it. My personal favorite is put the chicken in with taco seasoning and when you get home saute peppers and onions and do fajitas.
  • kaika_dragon
    kaika_dragon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I also struggle with mealplans, and don't have a blog suggestion. But I do have a couple of easy recipes, if it helps.

If you put any meat (boneless chicken, pork or beef stew meat, etc) in the crock pot with onions, some garlic, and enough salsa to cover it, and leave it cooking until it's tender, it makes great taco meat which you can then eat with tortillas and fresh veggies, or in a rice bowl. It does get spicier as it cooks down, so if your kids don't like spice, you could do half and half salsa and canned diced tomatoes instead.
    For really quick stuff, have you considered rotisserie chicken from the store? It's quick, you can eat it with premade salad mix and potatoes or rice, and it's easy to make leftovers into sandwiches for lunches.

Budget bytes, one of my favorite recipe blogs, does have a meal prepping section on their website as well. Maybe that might be a good place to look for ideas that you can make in advance?
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Luckily I discovered early on that MFP gives me the tools to prepare a meal plan where I enjoy the food and I have no gravings and don't need cheat meals. I use their macros percentages and if need be make small changes on them. As an example, I have noticed that due to seasonal changes my macros requirements do change a bit. I have been using this "system" for over 500 days and so far, so good.
  • Rev_Collins
    Rev_Collins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Luckily I discovered early on that MFP gives me the tools to prepare a meal plan where I enjoy the food and I have no gravings and don't need cheat meals. I use their macros percentages and if need be make small changes on them. As an example, I have noticed that due to seasonal changes my macros requirements do change a bit. I have been using this "system" for over 500 days and so far, so good.

What tools are those??
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
  • LevelUpHealth
    LevelUpHealth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you don't meal prep at all I suggest starting slower. Start with one meal...like dinners. Pick 3 different ones to make during the week. Try to overlap ingredients. Make extra protein if possible and use that for salads. Any veggies you use can potentially be salad ingredients too!