Perfect Ten (Closed group)

Options

Replies

• leosmom1220
    leosmom1220 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the advanced ones as well but I think I'm going to make a print out to hang on my fridge so I don't forget to do it everyday. With a two year old some things can be forgotten and I don't want this to be one of them.: )
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Weigh in this morning said 162.2 (down 1.4 from Monday - geeeeze!).
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    With everything going on this week and flying out on Friday, i'm going to have to stick with the lower level for this week and probably next week as well. But I'll be back in full force the week after. Lol. :)

Start weight : 173
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Geez. I don't even recognize most of those exercises. I will definitely have to watch the videos. Will we have access to the spreadsheets or will we log what we do on MFP?

My starting weight is 349 lbs. I weight 352 at the gym, but it seems to weigh heavier than my balance scale at home.
  • meli_medina
    Options
    I agree. If the spreadsheet is on Google docs, I can enter stuff myself so you don't have to do it. I use Google docs pretty much daily anyway. :)
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I messaged Gary about the spreedsheet, i have not yet received it. If you want to enter your own info that would be fine.
  • justnname
    Options
    Good Luck everyone on the which ever challenge you chose.

Today was a Devil Day, I have to recover from this morning squats to do more tonight . I hope I don't jump through my floor.. LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lgwmab
    Options
    I was worried with the jumping jacks. Old house, hard wood floors, let me tell you!
  • leosmom1220
    leosmom1220 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My house is super old too and every little jump everything on the walls shake.
  • justnname
    Options
    Can we call them the Fat Jiggle Jumping Jacks?
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I had to stick with the easy one today. Lol. Packing for tomorrow and getting homework done still.

And I always stick to the area rug in the middle of the room when doing jumping jacks. Lol. Keeps the rattling to a minimum. :laugh:

Pygmy challenges done for today.
  • meli_medina
    Options
    I saw him post something about Tabata, too. Are we supposed to do that as well? I just ask because that's like... a LOT... especially if some of us already have a fitness routine established that we're doing in addition to this!

ETA: OK I just did it and it wasn't all that bad. I guess I have anxiety because 30 Day Shred really played a number on my shins/ankles and I'm still anxious about adding plyometric style training back to my routine since I have a 5K in a week! Eek!

Also did the Bear Walk mini challenge. My husband got a kick out of that one! LOL!
  • jdhosier
    Options
    Pygmy Challenge complete for today. I didn't realize how much weaker my left should is than my right, until I did the swimmers curls. Wow, I barely managed 15 reps at 15 lbs and had to move the next set down to 8 lbs.

My jumping jacks yesterday were more like little hops with major arm flailing and much jiggling. I am sure people at the gym were amused. I am a little nervous about the Mountain Climbers tomorrow. I guess we will see...
  • bearsfan2334
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: bahahaha at everyone's comments on the jumping jacks. I felt the SAME way but I also am a 44DDD so I thought I was going to knock myself out, for real. I did the swimmer curls too and was under calories as well.

It is my boyfriend's birthday this weekend so I may be in and out but will be checking on my phone. I will make the most time I can! Message boards are hard to access via phone though... With that said, I may not be an amazing teammate this weekend because we will be out of town and eating at his parents house/my parents house. I am determined to make the best choices so I will keep you all posted.

BTW: I was laughing out loud at everyone's post so Greg was like yeesh, what's so funny? haha :laugh:
  • meli_medina
    Options
    Bushmen for today (plus tabata) is done! :) I don't know what I was so worried about.

John, for the mountain climbers, I would just start slow and go from there. Those are still really hard for me and I've been doing them for almost two months! If you can't get airborne, then just start with quick step touches to get your heart rate up. Eventually, you will have to get airborne to get your heart rate high enough.

Am I the only one who loves jumping jacks? LOL! I could do them all day long! One of my most favorite exercises, despite the jiggle. :love:
  • lgwmab
    Options
    great job everyone! I managed to complete them as well. I still have the extra mile walk to complete, but that will take about an hour total!
  • jdhosier
    Options
    Sorry, Melissa. Not a big fan of the jumping (jiggling) jacks. Perhaps in another 60 lbs or so....

I will keep in mind what you said about the mountain climbers. I keep picturing myself landing in a heap on the floor when my arms give out and having to crawl over to some machine to hoist myself off the floor... I guess that is the point of exercising, eh?
  • meli_medina
    Options
    OK. I lost my steam after dinner. I don't know if I mentioned this, but I suffer from CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) and sometimes just sitting is hard work!

But I got all of my exercises done, I'm under calorie for the day, logged it, and have had plenty of water.
  • meli_medina
    Options
    OK. I lost my steam after dinner. I don't know if I mentioned this, but I suffer from CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) and sometimes just sitting is hard work!

But I got all of my exercises done, I'm under calorie for the day, logged it, and have had plenty of water.
  • meli_medina
    Options
    Wow so bad I even double posted. Ick. Sorry guys!

John, to answer your question about how I knew how many calories I burned doing the exercises for today, I have a Polar FT7 heart rate monitor. :) It's an estimate of how many calories I've burned doing any given activity, but it seems to be more accurate than MFP because I'm losing better now that I know what I actually burn. I also got it for a really good deal - I paid like $85 for it when most places have it for no less than $119.