super-fast super-healthy breakfast ideas??

Options
2»

Replies

• mo1700
    mo1700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Flapjack and fruit
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I think I saw this on Paula Deen (haha not the epitome of healthy), but she made omelets in a baggie.
    I put egg whites in a ziploc bag, add whatever you want. Spinach, olives, mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc.
    Mush around in the baggie and put in boiling water for 10 minutes.
    And TA DA a perfectly folded omelet. Super fluffy too.
    :smile:
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Love all the fresh ideas! :)
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl egg mugs..takes like 2 min and they are delish.
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1573

This is what I have for breakfast every morning. I get everything ready the night before and just mix in the morning. I cook and eat mine at work, all you need is a microwave. In mine I only put in eggs, cheese, ham and a little bit of syrup for flavoring - so YUMMY!!!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    you already know I have green smoothies...
    but what about making a crockpot of veggie soup overnight? throw in all your favourite veggies (you can even use frozen and pre-chopped) some seasoning, and low fat chicken, beef or vegetable broth. you can add meat or beans, lentils or peas for protein. you can add rice, barley or quinoa for whole grains, or skip them for lower carb option. it'll be ready by morning and you can put the leftovers in the fridge for the rest of the week.
    or
    a nice baked sweet potato. you can cook a bunch at one time and reheat them in the microwave in the morning. they are pretty complete on their own.
    or
    you could make a smoothie with soft tofu and fresh or frozen/thawed berries.
    or
    a sliced apple with almond butter or peanut butter

good luck!
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank you guys for these ideas too! I was out of skimfast this morning and had no idea what to eat. I made an egg wrap and it was the same amount of calories as my morning slimfast.
    1 mission flaxseed and blue corn tortilla (100 calories)
    1 large egg (70 calories)
    1 tsp generic country crock (20 calories)
    Grand total of 190 calories! Soo good.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. There's so many ideas here I doubt I will be bored of breakfast for quite a while. :)