Walking nature trails is my FAVORITE exercise!

Options

Replies

• EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @NorthCascades Wow, your job is amazing. So much magnificent natural beauty. I imagine you are a very positive and happy person being in nature so often. And thanks! My hubby took that pic in Shenandoah National Park.

This thread is my new favorite!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    @NorthCascades Wow, your job is amazing. So much magnificent natural beauty. I imagine you are a very positive and happy person being in nature so often. And thanks! My hubby took that pic in Shenandoah National Park.

This thread is my new favorite!

I've never been to Shenandoah, but every time it comes up I feel like I need to fix that, and you've maybe doubled that feeling! Hope you're enjoying it, sure looks like you are. 🙂
  • jim_pipkin
    jim_pipkin Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @NorthCascades WOWZERS!!!!
  • jim_pipkin
    jim_pipkin Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    jim_pipkin wrote: »
    Sycamore Point, outside Williams AZ

k8shkcbzkl6e.jpg

What a deep, wide canyon! People don't understand that the Grand Canyon is awesome and all, but there are so many other fantastic ones too.

There's a whole Spanish town lost in Sycamore Canyon somewhere, no joke! Spanish Crown settlers lived there in the mid-1700s, now nobody can find it...
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    That cave pic is AWESOME!
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I like running through the trails. Got together with some friends last night and ran through trails with our headlamps on.

Sometimes we also carry heavy stuff through the trails for a more vigorous workout.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Sycamore Point, outside Williams AZ

k8shkcbzkl6e.jpg

What a deep, wide canyon! People don't understand that the Grand Canyon is awesome and all, but there are so many other fantastic ones too.

There's a whole Spanish town lost in Sycamore Canyon somewhere, no joke! Spanish Crown settlers lived there in the mid-1700s, now nobody can find it...

You're making me want to get out of heaven's waiting line (North Tucson) and do some three day trips to Northern AZ with your pics. I hope to have a lot more around Tucson this Fall and Winter. Sabino and Madeira Canyon are on the list soon. I'm trying to talk the wife into Bear Wallow up near Mt Lemmon this weekend to see the Fall foliage.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    This seems like a safe place to put these pix. This sweet little owl lost its way and was found on the sidewalk. Game and fish were called but it did fly up into a tree when they tried to help it. The magpies were bullying it and pecking at it on the sidewalk. As it was shielded and protected until the G & F arrived it looks like it literally smiled at the favor. Sometimes, nature will find you right where you're at. Critters make everything better.

What a special moment!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    This seems like a safe place to put these pix. This sweet little owl lost its way and was found on the sidewalk. Game and fish were called but it did fly up into a tree when they tried to help it. The magpies were bullying it and pecking at it on the sidewalk. As it was shielded and protected until the G & F arrived it looks like it literally smiled at the favor. Sometimes, nature will find you right where you're at. Critters make everything better.

vwmqmj4wt1ov.jpg..mpj0wy6mx959.jpg.

Awww! <3
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    We did a cross country trip for the first time this summer (sadly my husband had to work so it was myself and the kiddos with my dad) - it was so exciting to see them exploring so many new things, and seeing areas of the country that they had only read about in books (we essentially followed the Lewis and Clark Trail through most of it). I grew up traveling all over the US, so I took it for granted... born in AZ, family coast to coast, north to south, moved to VA, then NC, now WV). I LOVE seeing all the different pics! Not sure if the OP intended for his thread to go that direction, but it is beautiful!