498lbs needs motivation

Replies

• babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 282 Member
    Doing anything is a task but I'm taking it slow and doing what mg body will let me.

Go you :)

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Yea Billy Gunn!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    How are you doing @billygunn31?
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Welcome to MFP!!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Hang in there! Life keeps moving, for better or worse. It's how we get through it that counts. Just keep going at it. You have so many fans here!
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    Billy, so wonderful to meet you. I hope you explore this site. You might consider the 10 day challenges... You weigh your self daily and talk about your challenges and successes the previous day. Everyone is very supportive, and there are incredible people who are facing your same challenges and ones who have loss significant weight doing it 10 days at a time. They are very inspiring.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    You are here that's the first step! Don't get too overwhelmed by trying to do too many things at once, just do what you can but try to move as much as you can. A fit bit really helped motivate me, because it tells you to move every hour. i can literally sit at work for hours and not move at all. It made me be more competative with myself, because i wanted at least 7,000 steps a day. There is an account on intstagram called fatgirlfedup. She is amazing. She started at 485 and lost it naturally like 300 pounds in 2 years. She is great for inspiration. Look thru her posts going way back even. Good luck! you CAN do it!
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    I went and got my self a treadmill today

Did you check the weight capacity on the treadmill? Unfortunately unless you got a very high end machine weight capacity is usually 350 pounds or under. May have to look at other options until you get your weight down to the machine's limit.

This article talks specifiaclly about treadmills for standing workstations, but the general ideas apply
    https://www.workwhilewalking.com/do-weight-ratings-on-treadmills-really-matter

Best of luck.

I never checked the weight but iv used it a few times now and it seems to work with me on it.

You are overlooking the fact that the machine is designed and rated to perform with a particular load.
    It is likely to break down before much use if it is being subjected to extreme use conditions.

Take a minute to check out the machine specs on the web or in the manual that came with it. If it is undersized for you, return it while the return option is still available to you and before any damage that might occur.

good luck all around!

• mw43230
    mw43230 Posts: 11 Member
    You said you need motivation but our friends are giving advice. Let me try to motivate you. Listen to your doctor. I'm positive your doctor has told you about all the bad things that will happen if you don't start losing weight. Listen. Let me take a guess at what your doctor said. If you don't lose weight you will die early. Your parents will be burying you. And they will have to buy the big coffin. And the time you are alive your health will deteriorate. If you don't have diabetes you'll get it. A time will come when you can't wash yourself, you won't even be able to wipe your *kitten* if you don't get this under control. You'll be missing out on even more things than you are missing out on now. And you are probably already missing out on a lot. You're definitely a candidate for bariatric surgery but you'll have to prove you will change your lifestyle by losing weight first so you might as well take the advice of the people on here. Use the app. Measure everything that goes in your mouth and log it. You'll lose weight. and you'll continue to lose. and movement will get easier and easier. And the more you do the more you want to do. And you'll be around for a long time and we all want that for you. We want you to live long with a high quality of life.
  • MrsCollins0118
    MrsCollins0118 Posts: 2 Member
    You can do it Billy! One day, one good choice at a time 🙏🏼
  • billygunn31
    billygunn31 Posts: 29 Member
    I know all that is possible but I won't need a big coffen. No one is to dare put me in one and Barrie me I will haunt the hell out of them.
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 321 Member
    Hi Billy, I am so glad you are on MFP. You can do this! I look forward to reading more updates from you over the next few months / few years. People have given mostly good advice on here. What I'd add is this: the most important days of logging are the days I overeat. It helps me realistically see what I'm eating and make some better choices the next day. Good luck to you!!
  • billygunn31
    billygunn31 Posts: 29 Member
    Hoping to get my weight done soon
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    How are you feeling, @billygunn31 ? I know it must be really hard right now... It gets easier. It gets better.
  • denise5692
    denise5692 Posts: 4 Member
    I have bank issues (spinal stenosis) can’t stand or do exercises like I used to. I found some sitting exercises on YouTube that are beneficial. I searched exercise sitting down. There are many! It’s a good start.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Would love an update.