snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Latingal19 wrote: »
    Will this work with vodka?

Don't see why not? :)
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I used to do this back in my drinkin days and my heartrate would jump scary high! Not for me
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    There is no truth in the rumour I picked my bike's frame size so that it would fit a wine bottle.
    Shame I forgot the corkscrew.....

b33v2v8kpvt3.jpg

Need some creative use of tubing right here.
  • CSARdiver
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Its hard to hold my Scotch while doing dead lifts..... I will have to research a away to not spill a drop!

I have not tried this yet. Not sure how I feel about this, but have hopes that the goodness of Scotch can overcome all obstacles.

https://time.com/5694256/glenlivet-capsules-whiskey-pods/
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I used to do this back in my drinkin days and my heartrate would jump scary high! Not for me

Higher Heartrate equals more calories burned! Thats even better reason to drink beer while doing exercise!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,174 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »

Higher Heartrate equals more calories burned! Thats even better reason to drink beer while doing exercise!

No. Not in this case, unfortunately.

Heart rate doesn't measure calorie burn, it's loosely correlated with it under a limited set of circumstances (mainly steady state cardio). The amount of work (in pretty much the physics sense of work) determines the calorie burn. If it's a hot environment, or a person is dehydrated (to name just a couple of examples) their heart rate will be higher for the same amount of work (calories) than if it were cool or they were well hydrated. That's part of the problem with using heart rate monitors to estimate exercise calories.

The alcohol is causing the increased heart rate, for a level of work, therefore calorie burn, that would result in a lower heart rate if there were no alcohol in the system. No extra calorie burn, just higher heart rate

If high heart rate were enough to burn extra calories, watching really scary movies (which raises most people's heart rate through emotional reaction) would burn calories just like going for a walk. Sadly, it doesn't.
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Post ride only (as far as you know!)iikndnkl9l6k.png
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,996 Member
    Options
    This is my preferred way of exercise and alcohol - be in holiday resort on tropical island, swim up to swim up bar, order fancy cocktail.....

Sadly holiday only lasted a week, so little data to support long term results.

Will have to repeat experiment next year - all in name of validating scientific data, of course ;)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Its hard to hold my Scotch while doing dead lifts..... I will have to research a away to not spill a drop!

I have not tried this yet. Not sure how I feel about this, but have hopes that the goodness of Scotch can overcome all obstacles.

Strangely aroused... lol
  • nytrifisoul
    edited October 2019
    Options

Have none of you amateurs not heard of jello shots? This sounds like a waste of money. What is with people trying to reinvent the wheel?

Anyone up for some 151 dark cherry jello shots? Or some Everclear jello shots if you can handle them.

• psychod787
    Options

Have none of you amateurs not heard of jello shots? This sounds like a waste of money. What is with people trying to reinvent the wheel?

Anyone up for some 151 dark cherry jello shots? Or some Everclear jello shots if you can handle them.

How would they help me not spilling my scotch when doing deadlifts ?
  • AnnPT77
    Options

Nope. Not vegetarian. :lol:
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Apparently, viewers at the Boston Marathon sometimes offer small cups of beer to the amateur runners, some of whom take it.
  • nytrifisoul
    Options

How would they help me not spilling my scotch when doing deadlifts ?
    Scotch jello shots.

• psychod787
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

they make vegetarian thickeners.... lol
  • CSARdiver
    Options
    Apparently, viewers at the Boston Marathon sometimes offer small cups of beer to the amateur runners, some of whom take it.

Runnin' Fuel!!!
  • AnnPT77
    Options

they make vegetarian thickeners.... lol

FTR, the ones I've tried are weird. Most food things I find dislikable are about texture, and that's the issue here.

I'll keep drinking my drinks, thanks. They go down nice and smooth that way. ;)
  • nytrifisoul
    Options

FTR, the ones I've tried are weird. Most food things I find dislikable are about texture, and that's the issue here.

I'll keep drinking my drinks, thanks. They go down nice and smooth that way. ;)

You are a vegetarian and you have issues with textures? That must be rough.

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options

I did the New Orleans marathon a few years ago, and spectators were definitely offering beer there!