when could you tell a difference.

Options

Replies

• SerenLlachar
    Options
    I have no idea how much i've lost in pounds because i never did know how much i was when i started and i only weighed myself this weekend (been doing MFP now for about a month).

I've only noticed today after trying a dress on and doing it up that would not do so 2 months ago but my mother has said she's seen the difference from the beginning.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You'll start seeing it in no time...I had to take some before and after pics to notice at first, but sometimes just the way your clothes fit may be a good indicator. Keep up your good work!!
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I started at 181 and people started niticing around 12 lbs. have a friend that started around 260 and it took about 35 pounds before people started to notice.
  • jett0206
    jett0206 Posts: 58
    Options
    i have lost 26 pounds so far but no one has noticed, well except for me. My clothes fit more lose, My stomach does not hang out as far as it used to, Also without a belt my pants would fall down. So although no one has noticed I am very happy with my results so far. I know that you are making progress so do not give up, you will see it eventually:flowerforyou:
  • elfranzen
    elfranzen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    the first 20 to 30 pounds only people that new I was trying to lose weight could see or at least said anything. now the last 20 pounds 55-75 down A lot of people are noticing and they think I have only been on a diet for about the last month or two. But when I tell them I am down 75 pounds they don't believe me. I think the first 20 or so you are in the same clothes and haven't bought anything that fits to show it off so you end up hiding the work you have done.
  • srrivera24
    Options
    how long did it take you to lose 11 pounds??
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    I think our minds can play tricks on our perception of ourselves in mirrors so the best way to see it would be before and after pics (which I forgot to do)...and numbers on a scale are helpful but the way clothes fit and measurements are awy more telling thana scale is.
  • srrivera24
    Options
    how long did it take you to drop the weight?
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    Others could tell when I got to my current weight of 165 lbs which is 15 lbs lost. I can tell a little because I went down a size. I just can't wait to see what I look like when I lose another 15!! Hang in there!! You're doing great!!!
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I started at 181 and people started niticing around 12 lbs. have a friend that started around 260 and it took about 35 pounds before people started to notice.

This. Also I wrote a funny blog a few months back on when you can really start to notice:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/modernfemme/view/5-ways-you-know-you-re-losing-weight-64742
  • dstsur5or
    dstsur5or Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I noticed a tone in my legs at 10lbs but I didn't start getting compliments from other until I reached 20lbs. With 20lb loss I treated myself to some new clothes and I think that has caused people to notice more. Hang in there and good luck.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    As you can see from my ticker, I haven't lost much of anything. One of my coworkers swears that she can tell a difference. Perhaps I've tightened up a bit, but I haven't lost much weight.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    after the 1st 20-30lbs people will start to notice
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    People started noticing around 15 pounds, but only a few folks. Mostly, those who didn't see me a lot. It wasn't until I hit about 20 lbs that most of my coworkers and family noticed.
  • newsammy11
    newsammy11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 60lbs and still can't see it. I think in some instances it's mind over matter and unfortunately I still see myself as 60lbs heavier. :/ But like everyone else has said 20-30lbs was when everyone really started to notice. :) don't lose faith! keep at it!
  • Monze1
    Monze1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've lost 24lbs and have juuust noticed my clothes been a tiny bit baggy. But when I look in the mirror, I don't see a single change!
    It gets super frustrating, but hang in there!
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    I recently went from about 220 to 211. I couldn't see a difference until I compared some old and new pictures. Its subtle, but it's there!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I started at 227 and people started noticing once I hit about 200.
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I lost about 24 pounds, my clothes fit much looser that's for sure especially in my lower half, however I can't notice anything yet i've gotten several comments telling me I lost a significant amount. It's also strange that i've been told my stomach has gotten smaller yet this morning I tried on some old dresses from 3 years ago and it fits the exact same as it did then and I was at least 30 pounds heavier. I don't know if it's because we're always tougher on ourselves so it's harder to detect things from our point of view vs an outsiders, but just be proud that you've lost either way better to be down then up even if it's by 10.
  • DoriLuke
    DoriLuke Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference, but more importantly I can feel a difference. I painted my toes and it was the first time I was able to do that with any accuracy in a long, long time! LOL

I have probably lost a size or two but Im still too nervous to try on my "skinnier" clothes (I have a range of about 4 sizes in my closet..ugh). So I just keep pulling up my pants and wearing belts for now. Soon you will start seeing a difference, I am sure.

I think I noticed a difference after about 20 lbs. I started at 215.6 lbs.

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!