(NEW) OPEN CHALLENGE: FIT BY OCTOBER!!!

Options

Replies

• lyyzza
    lyyzza Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just catching up... this weekend was tough for me with my friends 40th bday party, but ready to get back to reality. ;)

Here's my answers:

QOTD #1: What is your favorite kind of exercise and why? Right now I’m loving Zumba!

QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past? A friend mentioned it and I love it. There is no comparison!

QOTD #3: What was your "a-ha" moment, meaning was there a specific moment that made you decide that it was time to lose the weight? I’ve known for a long time, but my work started a competition and it got my butt in gear, but for me it’s not about winning the competition, it’s about winning my life back. This is just the beginning. 

QOTD #4: Have you "discovered" any new foods since you started eating healthier? Or realized that you DO like some foods that you used to claim to not like? I’ve just learned to be creative with my dishes and not to be afraid to try new things..

QOTD #5: What do you do to keep yourself on track while traveling or on vacation? Prepare meals/snacks carefully…

QOTD #6: What is your main motivation to get in shape right now? I’m not getting any younger…!

QOTD #7: Other than working out and losing weight, what have you done to improve your self esteem? I try and spend more time loving me. I’ve always made everything about my girls and husband, but not I try and delight in a little for myself.

QOTD #8: What's your workout plan this week? List it! I walk 3 miles every day at lunch and for the evenings. Tonight is Zumba, as for the rest I’m kind of a spur of the moment kind of girl on what exactly I’m going to do, but it will likely be walk, strength train and more cardio.

QOTD #9: How do you stay on track with diet and exercise in times of severe stress? I choose to walk it off rather than eat it out!

QOTD #10: How are you tracking your food right now? Do you pre-track or track as you go? Do you track everything you eat, or only certain foods? Do you eat your exercise calories or not? I wanna know everything, hahaha. I track as I go. I track everything. I haven’t been eating my exercise calories… it seems hard for me to get them in.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,961 Member
    Options
    Gosh, yes, I was injured last week, so only worked out Wednesday and Saturday, but was down only 0.1 lbs. on Saturday weigh-in.

COLOR ME PISSED OFF!!!

Anyway, Saturday was a planned "celebration day" for me, so I celebrated anyway. I hope this week brings the 1.2 lb weight loss that MFP says SHOULD occur (I've been faithful to the 1,200 calories a day, of healthy foods only, and I've been eating back my cardio calories, too!).

We shall see!
  • EmersonLee
    Options
    I am in one challenge....can I join this one too? :)

NAME: Mandy
    HEIGHT: 5'0
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 123.2
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 115
    START PANTS SIZE: 6/8 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 4 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: I count calories. No red meat.
    DIET GOALS: prepare more foods myself (less lean cuisines ;) )
    EXERCISE GOALS: work out 30 minutes everyday
    OTHER GOALS: tame the muffin top
    FUN FACT: Im a huge bookworm, I love to read!
  • MLStoMLK
    MLStoMLK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if we're supposed to report weekly our weight loss in this group, but I noticed some have. I weighed myself yesterday and was happy to have lost 1.5 pounds since last Sunday. I didn't have any losses the week before so I'm happy the numbers are going down slowly...rather than going up...which was what they were doing before MFP.

Congratulations to everyone who has lost weight. Good work to those who have stuck with it...even when they go over their calories and want to give up. I did that last week by binging on sweets...but I jumped right back on the bandwagon and did not let it turn into a huge downward spiral. I'm so glad. Hang in there everyone!
  • healermoon
    healermoon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was eating well since January, though probably not moving as much as I could be as I have only lost 25 pounds in the last 8 1/2 months. However, I plateaued most of July and August with very little weight loss. I changed up how I ate last week, instead of oatmeal for breakfast and a sandwhich/leftovers for lunch. I had toasted waffles for breakfast and oatmeal for lunch for a week, now back to my regular diet and lost 6 pounds this week, I am not counting on losing this much a week again but, if you guys are finding yourselves in a weight loss rut, perhaps this tip will help you.
  • andiebrent
    Options
    NAME: Andie
    HEIGHT: 5'7''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 140
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 130
    START PANTS SIZE: 6
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 6 but much looser!
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: no seafood
    DIET GOALS: less calories, less junk foods
    EXERCISE GOALS: work out 5+ days a week
    OTHER GOALS: better looking legs and stomach!
    FUN FACT: I love dresses
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Fitties! Time for another QOTD...

Remember, message me your own QOTDs and they will make the list! I am having issues coming up with ideas... Which is why these QOTD's aren't so daily. :laugh:

I will post the most recent 9, plus a new one today! Please play catch up if you want to. :bigsmile:

I'm loving all of your answers!

QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past?

QOTD #3: What was your "a-ha" moment, meaning was there a specific moment that made you decide that it was time to lose the weight?

QOTD #4: Have you "discovered" any new foods since you started eating healthier? Or realized that you DO like some foods that you used to claim to not like?

QOTD #5: What do you do to keep yourself on track while traveling or on vacation?

QOTD #6: What is your main motivation to get in shape right now?

QOTD #7: Other than working out and losing weight, what have you done to improve your self esteem?

QOTD #8: What's your workout plan this week? List it!

QOTD #9: How do you stay on track with diet and exercise in times of severe stress?

QOTD #10: How are you tracking your food right now? Do you pre-track or track as you go? Do you track everything you eat, or only certain foods? Do you eat your exercise calories or not? I wanna know everything, hahaha.

QOTD #11: Do you drink diet soda and/or other drinks with artificial sweeteners? Why or why not?
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    QOTD #11: Do you drink diet soda and/or other drinks with artificial sweeteners? Why or why not?

Yes, I drink diet sodas. I also sometimes drink crystal light flavored water. I was raised with drinking diet sodas, and the regular ones taste too sugary for me!

I pretty much know that artificial sweetners are bad for me, but it's the one unhealthy thing that I don't intend to give up. I love my diet sodas!

Also, it hasn't affected my appetite or my weight.

So the reasons- 1) raised that way; 2) zero calories; 3) caffeine (I don't drink coffee much)
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    QOTD#11: Do you drink diet soda and/or other drinks with artificial sweetners? Why of why not?

Yes, I drink diet soda. I also drink water wtih artificial sweetened flavor packs.

So the reasons: 1. zero calories
    2. Caffeine
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options

I try to drink only water, but every now and then I need some flavor, so I will have a diet soda. Mostly water though because even though diet soda has no calories, there are plenty of other things in it that are proven to cause bloating :frown:
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    QOTD#11: Do you drink diet soda and/or other drinks with artificial sweetners? Why of why not?

Usually only water. I don't really like soda so it has never been a problem to give it up. I love sweet iced tea, but had to stop drinking it because of all the sugar, i can't even keep it in the house. I will sometimes add crystal light to my water bottle just for a little bit of change.
  • MLStoMLK
    Options

YES! Unfortunately I'm addicted to it...specifically to Diet Mt. Dew. I know all the chemicals and junk in it are horrible for me, but I definitely don't want to drink reg. soda b/c of all the calories & all the sugar in the soda makes me feel strange (but sugar in brownies or chocolate doesn't seem to do that to me!). I gave up Dt. Dew & soda when I was pregnant and breast feeding, but picked it back up as soon as I was done with it. A few months ago I tried to get off of it...and started watering it down with Sparkling water...I still do that. I decided after I lose the weight and deal with sugar addiction, I'll work on breaking the diet soda addiction. It's not that high of a priority right now. I figure I can't deny myself everything right now!
  • MLStoMLK
    Options
    Just thought of something to add. Also, I think I have found that drinking diet soda definitely makes me want to eat...salty kinds of things. So I try to limit my diet dew to when I'm eating a meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner...Yes, I sometimes drink it for breakfast if I am having eggs or something salty! I know...that's really bad isn't it?) If I pop open a can between meals, I'll want to eat something with it, even if I'm not hungry.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,961 Member
    Options

I drink only decaf drinks - 1 1/2 cups of decaf coffee per day (with splenda) and I permit myself 1 caff-free diet coke in the afternoon, if I'm "hungry" when I shouldn't be.

For YEARS I didn't drink any diet drinks, only water. This summer, with concentration on weight loss, I decided to give myself the diet soda treat BACK, in place of any afternoon munching.
  • michelleherinckx
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I am excited about this challenge I haven't done one yet. :)

NAME: Michelle
    HEIGHT: 5'5''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 171
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 160
    START PANTS SIZE: 12/14 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 10/12 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: nothing specific. I watch my carbs and drink a lot of water :)
    DIET GOALS: less craving for junk food, more fruits and veggies
    EXERCISE GOALS: to be able to run 2 miles
    OTHER GOALS: to just be more toned and less flabby :)
    FUN FACT: I am a dog enthusiast
  • livinglifeandlovingit
    Options

I drink diet soda. I didn't use to be a fan of diet soda because of the phenyalanine in it and the many studies that speak against it. However, I have learned that I would rather drink a diet soda when I crave a soda because I don't drink as much soda when I do. I don't do any other artificial sweetner stuff however. I do like stevia in my tea and on my oatmeal when I don't have blueberries to top my oatmeal with.
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    Hey! Been gone for a bit, but back again, so catching up...

QOTD #10: How are you tracking your food right now? Do you pre-track or track as you go? Do you track everything you eat, or only certain foods? Do you eat your exercise calories or not? I wanna know everything, hahaha.

I pre-track. I work nights, so during my downtime, I try to track the food I will be eating the following day. It helps me stick to my plan because I know exactly what I'm allowed. It's actually helping me to curb eating out of boredom. If I know I only get this amount, am I really hungry now, or can I wait? That kind of thing. I don't usually eat my exercise calories. Kinda on the fence about it. Right now I'm just not posting my exercise. I did one day though because I REALLY wanted chili cheese fries :)

Yes. Diet Coke is my favorite. I know it is terrible for me, so I've been cutting back. I drink it for the caffiene, I don't like coffee, and I'm so used to it that I hate regular sodas. I'm trying to save it for when I really need it though. Lately, I've been having one per week, so I don't feel as guilty as I did at one per day. Thankfully, I really like water a lot!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Oh my!!! I am finally back on track after a horrible week of my eyes almost swollen shut, hives, and not knowing what was causing it all!!!! Started exercising again and am getting back on track today, but I will say I haven't been eating well the past week so I don't know about the weigh in on Friday but I have to take the bad along with the good!!! and hopefully learn from it!

For question #11

I do sometimes splurge and drink a diet rootbeer or a sprite. I know I am not supposed to have them, but sometimes they are really tempting and I am not perfect!!! No excuses just plain defeat on my part!
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    Wow...totally went off track for about 2 weeks! But now i'm back in the game!!!

I track as I go, basically after I finish eating I come upstairs and log it. I track EVERYTHING, didn't used to, to make myself feel better but I realized that it was hindering me rather than helping me. I try not to eat my exercise calories because to me that totally defeats the purpose of exercising!

I HATE diet soda! and refuse to drink it :laugh: I do drink a lot of Crystal Light...not sure if that counts or not? I can't drink regular water for some reason it makes me gag. :ohwell: So Crystal Light helps me get my water intake. I still count it in my log though! Didn't use to do that either. :laugh:
  • Betsy0822
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this, but I'm ready for the challenge. :wink:

NAME: Betsy
    HEIGHT: 5'3''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 183
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 170
    START PANTS SIZE: 16 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 12/14 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: sticking to 1,400 calories or less per day
    DIET GOALS: eat / drink less sweets
    EXERCISE GOALS: walk 2-3 times per week for 45-60 minutes
    OTHER GOALS: eat healthier and feel better
    FUN FACT: I love scrapbooking pictures of my kiddos!