• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    szw9tztwtsrt.png

This is my pride and joy - a VW Scirocco TSI. I absolutely love this car and waited a long time to buy one.

It looks like the steering wheel is on the wrong side though.

It's on the "Right" side :p

Listen Holden, stay out of this.

😮 that cuts deep.. Ford girl, driving an Isuzu for now 🤪

Oh, I just assumed you preferred Holden. Isuzu is good though.

I picked the Isuzu MU-X for its 3 ton towing capacity. I drag a 2.5 ton van often with it. You dont even know there's anything behind you, flys up hills easily. I'm really impressed with this car, I can't fault it.

This car of yours.....

Does the backseat fold flat ??
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    szw9tztwtsrt.png

This is my pride and joy - a VW Scirocco TSI. I absolutely love this car and waited a long time to buy one.

I picked the Isuzu MU-X for its 3 ton towing capacity. I drag a 2.5 ton van often with it. You dont even know there's anything behind you, flys up hills easily. I'm really impressed with this car, I can't fault it.

This car of yours.....

It does , what are you suggesting? 😉
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    szw9tztwtsrt.png

This car of yours.....

Road Trip?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Options
    szw9tztwtsrt.png

This car of yours.....

Road Trip?

Ok, I'm in.. 🙂
    I normally do have all the back seats down and a cover down for my pups and a portable fridge when travelling..
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    KarlTaters wrote: »
    @s131951 wrote: »
    szw9tztwtsrt.png

It's a manual as well (stick shift). No good in the US 😉

I drove a Mini Cooper manual six speed for a while.

It’s was like driving a Go Kart .

Try a shifter kart.

Cart.

Ckart? Can we do that?
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    I have a 2014 Kia Rio and it's a flat out, all out, hands down piece of birdshit. Never, never buy one. Don't even accept one for free. A better set of wheels: take a riding lawn mower out on the interstate. I'm not kidding. Terrible car.
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    03 Mustang gt. Have a lot of work done to it already and now currently putting in some bigger cams ;)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    I have a 2014 Kia Rio and it's a flat out, all out, hands down piece of birdshit. Never, never buy one. Don't even accept one for free. A better set of wheels: take a riding lawn mower out on the interstate. I'm not kidding. Terrible car.

That is hilarious to me as my aunt's 2013 Kia Rio is still perfect and my 2006 Kia Rio5 is great as well. Apparently they have gone downhill or we have different standards. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a little of both.
  • Hollis100
    edited October 2019
    Options

That is hilarious to me as my aunt's 2013 Kia Rio is still perfect and my 2006 Kia Rio5 is great as well. Apparently they have gone downhill or we have different standards. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a little of both.

Nope, my Kia is a terrible car. I've owned Hondas (great cars) and Hyundais (very good cars) and this Kia is the worst car I've ever owned. It's up there on my super *kitten* list along with the car an office loaned me that died on 495/the Capital Beltway at 55 mph in the middle lane (I think that death car was an Oldsmobile).

I bought the Kia because right now I live in the boondocks and got sick of driving hours to the dealer. I decided I would buy something here, so I got the Kia. Bad reason to buy anything!

This car sucks because:
    (1) The engine has no power. It's okay driving to the grocery store and across the street to hike in the countryside. Up hills, no. It can barely climb them, which is why I compare it to a riding mower. I consider it a dangerous car on 55 mph roads. A friend and I drove from PA to KY to adopt a dog from a rescue group, and when we went through West Virginia (all hills) the car could barely get up the interstates. Yes, I ranted to the dealer, and they thought I didn't know how to drive, which isn't true. It does the same things on local roads, can barely climb hills.
    (2) When I look at the seams, like on the outside roof, I can see evidence of rust. The paint job is terrible. This car is barely 5 years old.
    (3) The locks are deteriorating. I can barely get the trunk open.
    (4) The cylinder that the ignition key goes in just broke and had to be replaced. When I googled that problem, apparently it's a known Kia problem.
    (5) The car has only 19,000 miles and is only 5 years old.
    (6) I maintain the thing every year. Worst car ever.

• seltzermint555
    Options

Nope, my Kia is a terrible car. I've owned Hondas (great cars) and Hyundais (very good cars) and this Kia is the worst car I've ever owned. It's up there on my super *kitten* list along with the car an office loaned me that died on 495/the Capital Beltway at 55 mph in the middle lane (I think that death car was an Oldsmobile).

I bought the Kia because right now I live in the boondocks and got sick of driving hours to the dealer. I decided I would buy something here, so I got the Kia. Bad reason to buy anything!

This car sucks because:
    (1) The engine has no power. It's okay driving to the grocery store and across the street to hike in the countryside. Up hills, no. It can barely climb them, which is why I compare it to a riding mower. I consider it a dangerous car on 55 mph roads. A friend and I drove from PA to KY to adopt a dog from a rescue group, and when we went through West Virginia (all hills) the car could barely get up the interstates. Yes, I ranted to the dealer, and they thought I didn't know how to drive, which isn't true. It does the same things on local roads, can barely climb hills.
    (2) When I look at the seams, like on the outside roof, I can see evidence of rust. The paint job is terrible. This car is barely 5 years old.
    (3) The locks are deteriorating. I can barely get the trunk open.
    (4) The cylinder that the ignition key goes in just broke and had to be replaced. When I googled that problem, apparently it's a known Kia problem.
    (5) The car has only 19,000 miles and is only 5 years old.
    (6) I maintain the thing every year. Worst car ever.

It really sounds horrible. I am just shocked! I am not super loyal to Kia anyway but I'll probably think twice about buying another vehicle from them. Although my friend's had horrible luck with Hyundai. Who knows!
  • Hollis100
    Options

It really sounds horrible. I am just shocked! I am not super loyal to Kia anyway but I'll probably think twice about buying another vehicle from them. Although my friend's had horrible luck with Hyundai. Who knows![/quote]

These car manufacturers have to make some good/decent cars or they couldn't stay in business. I for one, though, will never buy another Kia. My next car will be probably be a Honda. The two I owned in the past never had little things go wrong with them, like door and trunk locks deteriorating or the cylinder the ignition key goes in breaking.

• Motorsheen
    Options

It really sounds horrible. I am just shocked! I am not super loyal to Kia anyway but I'll probably think twice about buying another vehicle from them. Although my friend's had horrible luck with Hyundai. Who knows!

These car manufacturers have to make some good/decent cars or they couldn't stay in business. I for one, though, will never buy another Kia. My next car will be probably be a Honda. The two I owned in the past never had little things go wrong with them, like door and trunk locks deteriorating or the cylinder the ignition key goes in breaking.

[/quote]

I'll never buy another Aston Martin !!

... or the first one.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    2 cars.

One is very nice, the other is the daily driver.

The daily driver is very fast, has a sunroof & a push-button ignition and has been paid off for years & years.
    I don't worry about the car. I drive it when and where I want and if it gets a door-ding, I'm not happy about it, but it's not a huge deal. Yeah, I like my car, a lot.

• s131951
    Options

I'll never buy another Aston Martin !!

... or the first one.[/quote]

qa3cue5tijy3.jpg

Not even this one?

• AnberithaT
    AnberithaT Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm still driving my 2006 Kia Rio5, and I love it. Mainly I love not having a car payment. ;)
    It is incredibly reliable but also very very basic...no power locks or cruise control or any modern amenities. I bought it new around my 30th birthday and I honestly never thought it would last 13+ years.

My husband has a 2015 Toyota Prius we use for road trips & stuff.
    I'm still driving my 2006 Kia Rio5, and I love it. Mainly I love not having a car payment. ;)
    It is incredibly reliable but also very very basic...no power locks or cruise control or any modern amenities. I bought it new around my 30th birthday and I honestly never thought it would last 13+ years.

I agree with that no car payment! I’ll drive my Toyota Yaris until it explodes. Already got 379k miles. I’ve done the sports car, the luxury car, and the SUV. Decided on the Yaris for the gas mileage during travel.
  • s131951
    Options
    AnberithaT wrote: »

I agree with that no car payment! I’ll drive my Toyota Yaris until it explodes. Already got 379k miles. I’ve done the sports car, the luxury car, and the SUV. Decided on the Yaris for the gas mileage during travel.

Another impressive Toyota figure.
  • seltzermint555
    Options

That's seriously awesome mileage. My husband's 2009 Camry had 260k miles when he sold it to a friend (2015) and that guy is still driving it.
  • s131951
    Options

That's seriously awesome mileage. My husband's 2009 Camry had 260k miles when he sold it to a friend (2015) and that guy is still driving it.

Right on
  • Motorsheen
    Options

I have a very good friend driving a BMW with 850,000 original miles.

He contacted the BMW Museum in Munich and asked if they wanted it. They told him that they already have a similar model on the floor with well over one million miles on it.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I just went from a Dodge Caravan to a Charger. My smaller kids are out of the bulky car seats and in boosters and it is a surprisingly large sedan seating the 5 of us comfortably for a four hour trip.

ETA: getting the string bass in and out is something of a chore