Diet Soda; Weight Loss

Options
13»

Replies

• kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I've had a can a day for the last 2 months and I've lost 13.4lbs.

Now, is it the most healthy thing? Maybe not? Who knows.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Congrats! I just had my second baby, my starting weight was 234 and my ending weight was 231... I ended up being diagnosed with gestational diabetes which was luckily controlled by diet. My doctors were very happy with my weight loss and I truly believe following the GD diet saved me gaining 40lbs like I did with my first (and my recovery was way easier this time!) definitely talk to your dr but I’d recommend following a GD diet if you can stomach it (the first trimester I totally believe anything goes lol just do what you can to get through it).

As for the coke, I’d suggest cutting down just cuz of the caffeine but it won’t affect your weight.

Good luck!

Did you miss the bit where she said she drank caffeine free diet coke?

Yes, actually I did miss the part where she said “caffeine free” lol
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Goober1142 wrote: »
    If you cut out 6 calories a day from diet soda and everything else remains the same, you'll lose a pound every 583 days.

I had some different numbers. I was going to give the cola company the short end of the stick, and assume that they are just under the threshold for claiming 0 calories. So, 4 calories per can, and lets use the maximum number of cans OP is drinking, that's 28 calories per day, or 1 pound every 125 days. 2.6 lbs/year. Without knowing OPs actual goal weight, I figured 150lbs would be a fantastic start, at 2.6 lbs/year, it would take 47.69 years to get to 150 lbs, assuming all else was maintained equal, and the deficit is coming strictly from the diet coke.

Not even that. She would lose up to about 4 or 5 pounds in 2-3 years and stop.