The Diamond Challenge (DITR) Round 5 Week 2

Options

Replies

• Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    QOTD- Have you set up a mini-goals and rewards system for yourself? If so, what are those goals and rewards?

No, I haven't, but maybe I should and see if that will kick my butt into gear. I seem to be burnt out at the moment on the exercising front and need to get it back together.

Anyone have any ideas?
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Rough weekend because of the hurricane. I'll try to catch up tomorrow.
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Hello Lovelies!!:flowerforyou:

We have some new members and I am so excited to introduce them!! Please give a big welcome to our newest Diamonds;

dc_amaryllis has joined the Yellow Team! Welcome Susie!
    foxieboxy has also joined our Yellow Team! Welcome Erika!
    amandatopp has joined our Pinkies! Welcome Amanda!!

Shout out to our East Coast Diamonds who had to endure the horrific weekend of Irene~ couldn't imagine what you all went through ( I must live in the most boring part of Canada), but I was thinking of all you ladies and glad you all made it back here! Can you say DEDICATED?
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Good Morning Diamonds!

QOTD- Have you set up a mini-goals and rewards system for yourself? If so, what are those goals and rewards?

Mine looks something like this-

CW-229
    goal- 199 Massage
    goal- 170 New shoes (and I'm not buying any til I get there, unless I have to...like if the damn dog chews my heel off again)
    goal- 145 Spa day
    Final- 130 NEW WARDROBE! =D (including a gorgeous skirt suit and the perfect red pumps <3)

Great Question Aubrey!
    I have personally never set up mini goals. I tend to be selfish, and if I want something bad enough I will get it. However I do understand how mini goal rewards are that little extra you can do for yourself! Perhaps I should think of some, maybe then my husband would be more accepting of my splurges :wink:

I do have a final goal reward though, and it is a vacation!

Jennifer
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    Hello Lovelies!!:flowerforyou:

We have some new members and I am so excited to introduce them!! Please give a big welcome to our newest Diamonds;

dc_amaryllis has joined the Yellow Team! Welcome Susie!
    foxieboxy has also joined our Yellow Team! Welcome Erika!
    amandatopp has joined our Pinkies! Welcome Amanda!!

Shout out to our East Coast Diamonds who had to endure the horrific weekend of Irene~ couldn't imagine what you all went through ( I must live in the most boring part of Canada), but I was thinking of all you ladies and glad you all made it back here! Can you say DEDICATED?

Welcome new members !! Susie ..Lets kick butt partner !!! Errrrrghh LOL !

No I haven't but am soooo gonna after reading this question
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Diamonds!

Mine looks something like this-

CW-229
    goal- 199 Massage
    goal- 170 New shoes (and I'm not buying any til I get there, unless I have to...like if the damn dog chews my heel off again)
    goal- 145 Spa day
    Final- 130 NEW WARDROBE! =D (including a gorgeous skirt suit and the perfect red pumps <3)

Great Question Aubrey!
    I have personally never set up mini goals. I tend to be selfish, and if I want something bad enough I will get it. However I do understand how mini goal rewards are that little extra you can do for yourself! Perhaps I should think of some, maybe then my husband would be more accepting of my splurges :wink:

I do have a final goal reward though, and it is a vacation!

Jennifer

Jennifer- I'm pretty much the same way, if I want it, I go get it! For my goals though, I've just said I will not buy that for myself until... The shoes is a really tough one. I <3 shoes. So it's like a huge motivator and reward, because, well a girl just can't live without new shoes!
  • mrscampbe11
    mrscampbe11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello Diamonds! First change here so go easy on me! :laugh:
    I have a friend who's in Little Diamonds so we'll have to kick their butts in order for me to look smug at Zumba!
    I have mini goals on my profile but will copy them here:
    80kg - try on wedding dresses (failed that, but I had to go at 81.8kg when a friend was visiting)
    75kg - haircut
    68kg - final goal, order said wedding dress and probably a whole new wardrobe due to everything not fitting!
    Looking forward to getting to know you all better! :flowerforyou:
  • mrscampbe11
    mrscampbe11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello Diamonds! First change here so go easy on me! :laugh:

*challenge

It's already 11am, yet it's still too early for my brain to work!
  • foxieboxy
    foxieboxy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I am brand new here an joining the Yellow Team! I will be switching my profile pic out today, but just wanted to jump on and say hello and wish you all a fantabulous day!

Erika
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I am planning to get practically a complete makeover - hair, wardrobe, get some piccies taken, mani/pedi :)
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options

I tend to get what I want when I want it as well... My mini goal was to be 150 at Disney (in 16 days) but I won't make that. I should be IN the 150's by then, even if it means 159.8, I will still be happy. I haven't been this small in quite some time. I don't even know when the last time was... probably before I started having my kids 13 years ago.
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    BTW - :happy: WELCOME :happy: new Diamonds
  • MommyRobot
    Options
    I am planning to get practically a complete makeover - hair, wardrobe, get some piccies taken, mani/pedi :)

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that, I also plan on having a boudoir photo shoot for my hubs once I'm at my goal!

Also, Welcome new diamonds!!
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Welcome New Diamonds !
  • kris24824
    kris24824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Is there a new QOTD for today (8/31)?
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Since it is getting late I will ask today's question. This one is a freebie so if you want to answer, GREAT! If not, totally up to you :)

This Question was asked by a member last round, it's a doozy!!

Do you think you'd want to lose weight if we lived in a society where obesity was generally considered more attractive than being fit?
  • MommyRobot
    Options
    Since it is getting late I will ask today's question. This one is a freebie so if you want to answer, GREAT! If not, totally up to you :)

This Question was asked by a member last round, it's a doozy!!

Do you think you'd want to lose weight if we lived in a society where obesity was generally considered more attractive than being fit?

Would it be any easier to buy cute clothes?? =P
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Oh thats tough! I'd like to say that I would put my health above my desire to conform to society ideals on what is attractive... But then again I don't know. Even the most confident individual must fight with bouts of wanting to fit in, right?
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options

I haven't but maybe I should.
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options

No weigh, Jose. (lol I crack myself up!) No, I wouldn't still want to lose weight. What I really want is to feel like a rock star again. I've lost the confidence I used to have. If I could feel that at this weight, I wouldn't care about losing. Plus, I'm extremely lazy by nature and I'd have a chance to really embrace my laziness. What a wonderful world that would be.