microwave apple crisp breakfast!

Options
skinnylove00
skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
not only is this super quick to make, but it is also keeps me full and satisfied for a long period of time, especially with a glass of water with it. heres what you need:

1 medium apple (my favorite is red delicious; super crispy)
1 packet of plain oatmeal
1pinch of powdered cinnamon
1 pinch of sweetener, if you like it a lil sweet!! (the natural sugar in the apples is more than enough though!!)

*OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
-brown sugar
-sugar free maple syrup
-granola instead of plain oatmeal
-maple sugar and cinnamon oatmeal instead of having to use cinnamon and sweetener (30 more cals than plain oatmeal)

POUR that plain oatmeal into a bowl, pour over water to cover it (just enough so you cant see the outlines of the oats) SHOVE that bowl into the microwave, put it in for 2 minutes!!!
CHOP those apples into wedges, then chop the wedges into small lil triangle shapes. youd be amazed at how much apple youd get if you chop it this way!! this gives your hungry eyes the illusion that you are eating a lot more than a mere 80 cals
TAKE that oatmeal outta the microwave and pour it over those apples, put on lots of cinnamon/sweetener to taste
MICROWAVE that for 2 more minutes!! this makes all the flavors mix and blend better. take it out, mix it all around, and enjoy :D

RESULTS: warm and delicious apples, a house smelling like thanksgiving, and a nice full belly till lunch :) only for 180 cals, so you can even have a cup of lowfat milk with it if you like!!

Replies

• akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Uhhum you're awesome.
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    yum... love oatmeal especially with fruit!!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    OMG a recipe that uses ingredients I already have! DELICIOUS!
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh I wish I had an apple right now! Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    not only is this super quick to make, but it is also keeps me full and satisfied for a long period of time, especially with a glass of water with it. heres what you need:

1 medium apple (my favorite is red delicious; super crispy)
    1 packet of plain oatmeal
    1pinch of powdered cinnamon
    1 pinch of sweetener, if you like it a lil sweet!! (the natural sugar in the apples is more than enough though!!)

*OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
    -brown sugar
    -sugar free maple syrup
    -granola instead of plain oatmeal
    -maple sugar and cinnamon oatmeal instead of having to use cinnamon and sweetener (30 more cals than plain oatmeal)

POUR that plain oatmeal into a bowl, pour over water to cover it (just enough so you cant see the outlines of the oats) SHOVE that bowl into the microwave, put it in for 2 minutes!!!
    CHOP those apples into wedges, then chop the wedges into small lil triangle shapes. youd be amazed at how much apple youd get if you chop it this way!! this gives your hungry eyes the illusion that you are eating a lot more than a mere 80 cals
    TAKE that oatmeal outta the microwave and pour it over those apples, put on lots of cinnamon/sweetener to taste
    MICROWAVE that for 2 more minutes!! this makes all the flavors mix and blend better. take it out, mix it all around, and enjoy :D

RESULTS: warm and delicious apples, a house smelling like thanksgiving, and a nice full belly till lunch :) only for 180 cals, so you can even have a cup of lowfat milk with it if you like!!
    mmmmm yummy lol my daughter got a recipe book with something similar from wic it used apples granola and sugar free jelly it was delicious i think ill have to try ths version :)
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    Can you use the oats in packets to do this? Like the oats so simple poridge?
  • starpi22
    starpi22 Posts: 74
    Options
    Great suggestion! Thanks!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    mmm!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Can you use the oats in packets to do this? Like the oats so simple poridge?

yeah you can do whatever you want with it! even add a banana, if you so choose. haha make it your own :D
  • Margarette
    Margarette Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am definitely doing this for breakfast!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    yummmmm!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I do something like this but use steel cut oats, and when they are almost done I throw the sliced apple into the pot with them so the apples get warm and then sprinkle cinnamon in at the last minute! I also take some of the apple wedges and use my bullet to blend them up (and add a little water) then pour that into the oats as well, the sweetness from the "apple juice" is better than sugar!!!

And I agree-its delicious!!
  • bluemoonrise
    bluemoonrise Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this tomorrow! thanks!
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    Bump
  • hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Options
    I think i know what's for breakfast tomorrow!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • Lambja
    Lambja Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    yummy!!!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    I love oats and I was thinking of a quick and tasty recipe for them, this is great thanks!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is honestly a great idea. :) I will definitely try this.
  • JJostesCheng
    Options
    Saving this recipe! Thanks!:heart: