Replies

• armyvet25
    armyvet25 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    armyvet25 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Wound tight?? nice community(sarc) wife didn't buy it, was given to her, she passed it on, her feelings won't be hurt. I have Venous Edema in both legs, sodium causes severe swelling, I monitor all my sodium intake. I'm trying to watch all calories and sodium, I plan my routine for the entire day at the start, otherwise just eating and at the last meal there won't be enough left for the final meal, so yes, at 300+lbs-prediabetic-poor health, I scrutinize every little thing, it all adds up.

We all get angry when hungry and with your "diet" you must be hungry 16 hours of the day lol

Actually, not too bad, just disgusted with all the crap they put in processed food these days, I actually wasn't mad when I posted it, tried to inject some humor as i was typing ie: turd, trough, etc

There really isn't a lot of crap in that though...it's jerky, so it's going to be high in sodium as all jerky is pretty high in sodium. But ingredient wise, it's pretty much Turkey, water, and sodium. Sodium in and of itself isn't "crap"...I realize you have a reason to watch it (as do I), but sodium is actually an essential electrolyte and a good preservative for things like jerky.

agree, was only stating "crap" about processed foods in general as a lot of them have many added chemicals in the use of preserving shelf life, I understand the needs of sodium, but also my limitations, which are obviously not the same as everyone else. B)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Wound tight?? nice community(sarc) wife didn't buy it, was given to her, she passed it on, her feelings won't be hurt. I have Venous Edema in both legs, sodium causes severe swelling, I monitor all my sodium intake. I'm trying to watch all calories and sodium, I plan my routine for the entire day at the start, otherwise just eating and at the last meal there won't be enough left for the final meal, so yes, at 300+lbs-prediabetic-poor health, I scrutinize every little thing, it all adds up.

We all get angry when hungry and with your "diet" you must be hungry 16 hours of the day lol

Not always.... not going to derail the thread on fasting studies, OP... Here is the context of my attitude.... general apathy...

They are available on Google. Some people so well fasting, others not so much. It's a very individual thing. Some people are just wired to have a lower appetite and can skip meals. They have trouble eating in the morning. Some, dont get hungry until after they eat. For others, it allows larger more satisfying meals while in a deficit or maintaining. They like certain foods, and my eating less meals,they can include them. 5:2 protocols allow people to only have to "diet" 2 days a week. It's all about what makes a person more adherent to a reduced calorie intake.
  • psychod787
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

Actually, not too bad, just disgusted with all the crap they put in processed food these days, I actually wasn't mad when I posted it, tried to inject some humor as i was typing ie: turd, trough, etc

There really isn't a lot of crap in that though...it's jerky, so it's going to be high in sodium as all jerky is pretty high in sodium. But ingredient wise, it's pretty much Turkey, water, and sodium. Sodium in and of itself isn't "crap"...I realize you have a reason to watch it (as do I), but sodium is actually an essential electrolyte and a good preservative for things like jerky.

agree, was only stating "crap" about processed foods in general as a lot of them have many added chemicals in the use of preserving shelf life, I understand the needs of sodium, but also my limitations, which are obviously not the same as everyone else. B)

In what way does having preservatives make something "crap"?

Adding cultures to milk to make yogurt is a form of adding a preservative. It just happens to be from bacteria. So, agreed.
  • armyvet25
    Options

It would take a whole new thread to go into healthy vs harmful preservatives found in processed foods, just because the FDA approves something, doesn't make it healthy. You'll have to weed throughout the millions of web articles, find some scholarly sites for decent info on additives, many of the chemicals are harmful and cause lasting health issues. Most Nutritionist/Physicians tend to agree.

• candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    First of all, all processed food have a ton of salt. "No Added Salt" is relatively new concept.
  • armyvet25
    Options
    First of all, all processed food have a ton of salt. "No Added Salt" is relatively new concept.

and...most natural foods have enough natural salt in them
  • psychod787
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »

Adding cultures to milk to make yogurt is a form of adding a preservative. It just happens to be from bacteria. So, agreed.

Oh joy, we're winding up for another "processed" vs "ultra-processed" debate. Shields up!

:wink: (See? Winky face.)

<---- backs away slowly..... "I dont want any trouble ma'am..."
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    ok