Judgmental Things

Replies

• ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    I once saw a girl at panera order her soup or whatever it was in a bread bowl. Then I watched her throw out the bread bowl. I'm still dealing with that.....

I mean, I understand asking for it without a breadbowl because the calories :'(:'( but why pay for it if you're going to throw it away? Crazy.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    ellie117 wrote: »
    I once saw a girl at panera order her soup or whatever it was in a bread bowl. Then I watched her throw out the bread bowl. I'm still dealing with that.....

I mean, I understand asking for it without a breadbowl because the calories :'(:'( but why pay for it if you're going to throw it away? Crazy.

Exactly! My son was with me and we still talk about it to this day.
  • pizzamyheart
    I'm just here judging the first few sentences of this topic. MFP is actually a safe and supportive space for people? Mind blown!

Hey, that's their claim, not mine. I mean, they won't let us post anything truly contentious and if you do, you get put in MFP jail or banned.... so. **shrugs**

My (serious) question would be - why would anyone really want to come here to post contentious things in the first place?

isn't that pretty much the whole internet? From what I hear its pretty tame here.

To an extent, yes. However, this particular forum was once light hearted and funny. I'm failing to find humor in passive agressive behavior. People that find humor in hurting other people isn't too funny in my eyes. I work an extremely stressful job and come here to escape, I often find myself more stressed than relieved. This is only my opinion, I'm sure most people don't feel this way.
    Speaking of Panera soup - have you had their broccoli cheddar? 😌

It was, wasn’t it? What a shame, what we are left with now. Too many snowflakes ruined it for everyone.
  • pizzamyheart
    Derpes wrote: »
    Another one - I judge anti-vaxers harshly.

Agreed
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    I used to work at clubs and would always judge the girls that came out in the dead of winter, with snow falling, ice on the sidewalks, and slippery black ice everywhere.... and they would be wearing tiny dresses, thin high heels and no coat. :|
    They were usually shaking with cold when they got to me, and at least 1 friend slipped and fell in the snow......

svs12ppzzvlt.gif

• LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    I judge people that do not wash their hands adequately after taking a #2.

I judge people who don't wash their hands no matter what number they did in the restroom
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    ellie117 wrote: »

Exactly! My son was with me and we still talk about it to this day.

maybe they didn't like the crust, or didn't trust the dishwashers for a regular bowl?
  • pizzamyheart
    I
    Another one - I judge anti-vaxers harshly.

Agreed

For those who disagree....enjoy your measles.
  • LiftingSpirits
    I'm just here judging the first few sentences of this topic. MFP is actually a safe and supportive space for people? Mind blown!

Hey, that's their claim, not mine. I mean, they won't let us post anything truly contentious and if you do, you get put in MFP jail or banned.... so. **shrugs**

My (serious) question would be - why would anyone really want to come here to post contentious things in the first place?

isn't that pretty much the whole internet? From what I hear its pretty tame here.

To an extent, yes. However, this particular forum was once light hearted and funny. I'm failing to find humor in passive agressive behavior. People that find humor in hurting other people isn't too funny in my eyes. I work an extremely stressful job and come here to escape, I often find myself more stressed than relieved. This is only my opinion, I'm sure most people don't feel this way.

A couple years ago things were really fun and everyone seemed to get along for the most part. There were occasional trolls, but mainly they just gave people a laugh. At some point it seems like personal vendettas started pouring in and it got really negative and the fun was sucked out. Since then there have been many things (in my opinion) that have led to people being bitter, untrusting and sometimes hateful. Some of this is warranted and some not.
    I am guilty of using sarcasm as humor because that is how it used to be around here at one point and people understood that. Now there are different people who don't share in that humor and I sometimes forget that people don't know me and don't realize I am just being silly. They are probably JUDGING the crap out of me thinking I am just a jerk. Had to circle back around to the thread topic 😉
  • pizzamyheart

A couple years ago things were really fun and everyone seemed to get along for the most part. There were occasional trolls, but mainly they just gave people a laugh. At some point it seems like personal vendettas started pouring in and it got really negative and the fun was sucked out. Since then there have been many things (in my opinion) that have led to people being bitter, untrusting and sometimes hateful. Some of this is warranted and some not.
    I am guilty of using sarcasm as humor because that is how it used to be around here at one point and people understood that. Now there are different people who don't share in that humor and I sometimes forget that people don't know me and don't realize I am just being silly. They are probably JUDGING the crap out of me thinking I am just a jerk. Had to circle back around to the thread topic 😉

Then “these people” are spending too much time on this site. ;)
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member

Gyah. I just can't believe you. Jerk.
  • LiftingSpirits

A couple of years ago? I was here back in 2017 (which would be a "couple" of years in the past) and I don't recall this place being friendly or welcoming to new users, particularly if they weren't super hella-attractive. This place is better now than it was then... so agree to disagree, I guess, unless you're talking about the way back of something like 2014 or some nonsense.. then I'm out.

Are there users I miss? Sure... but I like the characters I see around here now and actually enjoy interacting with them (even if one of my favorites left!).

ETA: Also, a few years ago, it felt like some super-elite MFP club where if you weren't one of the "cool" kids, hardly anyone would talk to you or engage with you DESPITE the effort you put in.

That's why for almost two years, I barely did anything here that wasn't meme or GIF related. :tongue:

I have been around longer than I realized. Lol. I have heard about really ugly times a long time ago. The time I am referring to there seemed to be A LOT of participants not just a couple and everyone responded to everyone and laughed together. Probably more like 3-4 years ago at this point? I don't know. Maybe there was BS then too and I was just too naive to see it
  • LiftingSpirits

Love you too 😘

I'm all for fun sarcasm. I've noticed it go way beyond that point lately. I'm not here to get people to like me, I'm just here for a break. Unfortunately I'm mostly disliked, and that's completely fine. I have enough friends in real life and high school was a long time ago. You're a great spirit, btw. 😊

Maybe I am more oblivious than I realize because some of the people that say they are disliked around here I wouldn't have guessed they felt that way. I haven't personally seen/heard anyone take issue with you and I am sorry that is happening and you haven't had a good experience.
    I am hoping that everyone can just chill the *kitten* out, take a deep breath and all get along. Both here and in the real world. The world really needs more kindness. ❤
  • LiftingSpirits

Love you too 😘

I'm all for fun sarcasm. I've noticed it go way beyond that point lately. I'm not here to get people to like me, I'm just here for a break. Unfortunately I'm mostly disliked, and that's completely fine. I have enough friends in real life and high school was a long time ago. You're a great spirit, btw. 😊

Maybe I am more oblivious than I realize because some of the people that say they are disliked around here I wouldn't have guessed they felt that way. I haven't personally seen/heard anyone take issue with you and I am sorry that is happening and you haven't had a good experience.
    I am hoping that everyone can just chill the *kitten* out, take a deep breath and all get along. Both here and in the real world. The world really needs more kindness. ❤

That was beyond kind, thank you for that. I don't let it bother me like it did in the beginning, I guess social media has taught me to have tougher skin. I'm not pulling the"snowflake" card, there's just a huge difference between nastiness and sarcasm, imo. At the end of the day nobody really knows what anyone else is going through.

This is very true. None of us know the struggles of another and a lot of people here stay silent about their battles. I have a tough time sometimes knowing whether someone is teasing or being passive aggressive. I am just trying to assume if someone is being outwardly rude that they need an outlet to vent and trying hard not to take it personally. Easier said than done.