Calorie advice please

Options
2»

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    This is very dependent on a lot of factors that can be really hard to measure. Add in slight variances on how you do or don't track your food, and little things can add up. The MFP numbers are a good place to start and give you a pretty (generally) accurate starting number. You may be able to adjust up or down over time.

Other than weekends when I'm likely to be puttering around the house, outside of the gym I'm pretty inactive (desk job where I'm pretty tied to the desk all day, commute via car, etc). My workouts right now are fairly intense/long, and I consistently make 4-5 days/week of cardio followed by lifting for a total of 90+minutes/day.

I'm slightly taller than you (just under 5' 7"), currently around 142ish pounds, and my calorie range I give myself is 1600-1900. If I'm making my workouts, I eat at the higher end of that range pretty much daily. I do NOT include things like cooking oil, or a little ketchup/siracha/etc in my calorie counting. I don't weigh my protein for my shakes (I have, and found the measurement to be on the light side if anything). I do include all salad dressings, and try to weigh all my foods raw/dry. I allow some wiggle room with veggies.

For me, this is a good range. I'm losing (trend-wise) right about where I should be, so that tells me it's on point. You may need to play around with your numbers a bit over time, since the kiddos could potentially sway your activity levels a fair bit.