100 to go

Hello! The battle of my life is upon me. I need to lose weight, 100 pounds to be exact. Help me with some inspiration. Help me be accountable. Help me not give in and give up for the 89th time. Use me for your motivation as well. I’m a firm believer of positivity and encouragement being fuel to fight this battle. Who’s with me?

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    it takes a lot of courage to get started. You can do it, just log your food and get support from us.
  • BTSLP99
    BTSLP99 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you! I plan to!
  • SageJJ93
    SageJJ93 Posts: 96 Member
    I sent you a request! I've lost 86lbs so far, with a lot still to go! We got this!😁
  • c2lose100
    c2lose100 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m with ya!!! 100 lbs to loose and about my 100th retry 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I am not sure that telling yourself it is a battle is the right way to go mentally. It is a shift in behavior that will hopefully lead to more shifting as time goes on. Focus on each day and developing a good routine not how much is in front of you. Try to think of it as allowing weight loss to happen not forcing it to happen.

The important thing is not to quit for any reason. If something is not working that well you adapt. If you mess up you forgive it, log it, and move on. To lose a lot of weight you only need to have a lot more good days than bad days.

Find your easiest path forward. It may require some experimentation. If you need ideas come back and ask.

There is an MFP group for people who either originally started or are starting with 75 or more pounds to lose. It is for people ready to lose their weight in a sensible and sustainable fashion. There are some really great people there and they let me hang around too. Here is the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I am not sure that telling yourself it is a battle is the right way to go mentally. It is a shift in behavior that will hopefully lead to more shifting as time goes on. Focus on each day and developing a good routine not how much is in front of you. Try to think of it as allowing weight loss to happen not forcing it to happen.

The important thing is not to quit for any reason. If something is not working that well you adapt. If you mess up you forgive it, log it, and move on. To lose a lot of weight you only need to have a lot more good days than bad days.

Find your easiest path forward. It may require some experimentation. If you need ideas come back and ask.

There is an MFP group for people who either originally started or are starting with 75 or more pounds to lose. It is for people ready to lose their weight in a sensible and sustainable fashion. There are some really great people there and they let me hang around too. Here is the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

Couldn't agree with the bold statement more. This shouldn't be a battle. You're not fighting a war.

I'm a firm believer that the worth the approach is measured in it's longevity and sustainability rather than it's effectiveness and speed. Meaning that getting so-so results from something that is easy and you could do forever is worlds better than killer results from something that is a struggle (or a battle) and will only last a month or two.

That's not to say that it's always a walk in the park but honestly losing weight is only as difficult as you decide to make it and if it feels like a battle then you probably need to re-assess your approach. Slow down your rate of loss so you can enjoy more food, perhaps be less restrictive about your food choices so that you're not missing out on foods you really enjoy, or even give yourself permission to 'put on a few pounds' every once in a while when the situation warrants it (vacations, celebrations, special occasions).

G'luck
  • jim_n_virginia
    jim_n_virginia Posts: 59 Member
    I have a lot to lose too! Down 25 and have 50 more to go! I am on Keto diet.
    Looking for encouraging and supportive MFP friends too! Please feel free to add me!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,169 Member
    BTSLP99 wrote: »
    I need to lose weight, 100 pounds to be exact.

I wrote the same thing here in March. I am down 65 lbs. Which sounds great, and is great, and it is still a ways to go.

I am in it with you.

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Just make some little changes. Make them so little and boring they aren't even worth getting excited or thinking about, so you can sustain them forever. Save your energy for the real battles: bad days, bad news, stress, peer pressure, etc. All the things that make you want to over indulge.

This community is a great place for positivity and encouragement, but you still have to consider your emotional stamina.

I once had 120 pounds to lose. I've lost 63. Its doable.