Lamb roast dinner calories ?

Hi I’m out today and I will be having a lamb roast dinner with everything how many calories should I allow myself to be safe ? Thank u

Replies

• Bedazzled35
    Bedazzled35 Posts: 51 Member
    Hi I’m out today and I will be having a lamb roast dinner with everything how many calories should I allow myself to be safe ? Thank u

Without weighing and logging each individual food it's going to be a guess. There are some entries in the database that might give you a vague idea
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    What's does "everything" consist of, besides lamb?
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    It's the 'everything' that I would worry about lol
    Love lamb, enjoy.
  • iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    Safe? That would be a lamb dinner of 337 calories. Any more or less is dangerous. And possibly illegal.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    edited November 2019
    You might have had:

Lamb
    Gravy
    Mint sauce
    Roast Potato
    Carrots
    Peas
    Beans
    Cauliflower
    Parsnip (1/2)
    Yams (2-3 small)

Shouldn't do too much damage if you take conservative portions. Like 100-150g of lamb and 1-2 medium-sized potatoes (whole), half a parsnip and a serving spoon of the rest. Most of your calories would come from the lamb and potatoes, parsnip and yams.
  • delaclos99
    delaclos99 Posts: 53 Member
    Strikes me that a lot depends on the trimmings here and what 'safe' means. Steamed veg, probably fine. Reasonable bit of leanish meat, again fibe. Oodles of roast potatoes, less fine although they bring a special joy that no amount of steamed broccoli can hope to replicate.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    You might have had:

Lamb
    Gravy
    Mint sauce
    Roast Potato
    Carrots
    Peas
    Beans
    Cauliflower
    Parsnip (1/2)
    Yams (2-3 small)

Shouldn't do too much damage if you take conservative portions. Like 100-150g of lamb and 1-2 medium-sized potatoes (whole), half a parsnip and a serving spoon of the rest. Most of your calories would come from the lamb and potatoes, parsnip and yams.

Are people failing to read that I said 'Might have had'? This is the traditional trimmings where I am from. I didn't say 'Will have had'. I also didn't say the calories as I have no clue if they had this or how much they had. I am putting what is usual where I am from.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member

Log your breakfast and lunch into MFP. The remaining calories are what you have to "spend" for dinner if you wish to stay within your target. If you would like to eat more calculate your deficit calories based on your selected rate of loss (.5lbs = 250, 1lb = 500, 1.5lbs = 750, 2lbs = 1000) and add it to whatever you have remaining. Anything more will cut into the deficit you have created on previous days but should not be at a risk of regain unless you really go to town.

Also, be careful with lamb. Depending on the cut a small amount can add up to a lot of calories.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    When you all are done with her, can you also tell me how many calories for my pizza. It's round and has stuff on it? How many calories should I log for it?

1xdxip.jpg
  • iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    Me next. I'm going to an all you can eat buffet. Chinese, or possibly mexican. Maybe vegan. So how many calories will it be?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I didn't read the OP carefully enough. Now the other replies make more sense.