You are more fit, are you attracted to "fit people" more so

Options
mtkautz
mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
Now that you are becoming a healthier, more fit and in shape person.... do you find you are attracted to others that are more fit as well??
I know I do! I mean, I've always had a thing for muscles:love: and guys that were conscious about their health... but I feel like I want to find someone that has the same love for their health and working out as I do.

Anyone else see a change in themselves like this once you started to get healthy??

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I have sort of all ways been like this. I just think its a good thing to have in common! I lift with my boyfriend all the time at the gym :] We are a very active couple and i love it!

Health is attractive I must say (okay maybe I check him out at the gym too :p)
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Nah, I've always been judgmental, it wasn't just something that happened with weightloss ;-)
  • Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It makes me want to be around people who are more fit and make healthier choices, because then they help me to stay on track. When I am around people who do not eat healthy, then I tend to do the same.
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have always liked guys who are over 6 foot and slender/athletic. mmm 6ft 3 and 190 or less is ideal! lol
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Nah, I've always been judgmental, it wasn't just something that happened with weightloss ;-)
    LOVE it!

Seriously, I've always been attracted to bigger guys with kind of a belly. Broad shoulders, big hands, tall...I'm sorry, what were we talking about?
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    yep. Without asking (and maybe because I did it) my husband started eating cleaner and going to the gym with me and bulking up naturally - :heart: it!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    It was actually just the opposite for me. I admit, however, that my thinking on a lot of topics isn't what you would call conventional.

As a FBB (former fat boy) when I slimmed down in my teens I actually found myself less swayed by the way people looked the more in shape I got. I guess because of my experiences of girls wanting nothing more than to be friends with me when I was overweight to suddenly acting like a herd or mauerading wildebeests trying to get into my pants when I wasn't I found I wasn't really that impressed or influenced by the power of looks. Funnily enough that made some women even MORE attracted to me.

Life. It's a funny old game.
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I have always loved the fitness model looking dudes- I can NOT resist a guy with muscles!
  • punkinrn
    punkinrn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    when i married my husband we were both unhealthy, i changed after having diabetes with both my pregnancys. he hasnt changed. i dont push him, he still is active, just eat likes a pig. he never really gains wt. so he's not overweight, but definately not "healthy"
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am more aware of why I am attracted to a man who is fit NOW than when I was spontaneously attracted because the 'shell' looked appealing. 'The proof is in the pudding'.... right?
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options

LOL same. I've always dated guys either in better shape than me or skinny fat. I call it Denial - we're friends.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily, but Ive found Im now looking for a guy who I can share my interest for fitness with. He dosent have to be fit, but be interested in fitness and in training. But I do have a thing for big biceps, cant be a guy who has thin arms, like being with a boy.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i have been and always been attracted to athletic/muscular men. I got my fat belt, don't need another one.
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    I agree, the more educated I become about fitness and proper diet the more I am able to appreciate different parts of a woman's body and understand how hard that it is for her to acheive that phisique. I have always been attracted to slim women but now I feel more attracted to an athletic type with just a bit of muscle definition that it takes work to get to not just someone with great genetics.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I've always been ugly, so I've never had high expectations. :)
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    It doesn't effect me.

I've dated men who were fit as a fiddle and i've dated men who were 300lbs. I know people never believe it's true but some people actually do care more about personality than looks.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'll look at more fit men, but honestly...

not my thing. I always end up with men who are a tad bit stockier and make me laugh.

The super fit men I have known have been kind of creepy or jerks to me.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    +1
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Now that you are becoming a healthier, more fit and in shape person.... do you find you are attracted to others that are more fit as well??
    I know I do! I mean, I've always had a thing for muscles:love: and guys that were conscious about their health... but I feel like I want to find someone that has the same love for their health and working out as I do.

Anyone else see a change in themselves like this once you started to get healthy??
    Makes total sense because interests and support will be there. Not to mention that when you have kids, it's already in you to do a good job of making sure that they get the essentials, exercise and rest needed.
    I know it's working for me and my wife. My 7 year old runs just as fast (if not faster) than the boys in her class and has great stamina already since she likes to do at least a mile (indoor track) with me.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

Yes, for two reasons.

One, I know how hard it is to get and stay physically fit, so I have massive respect and appreciation for men who dedicate themselves to it.

Two, I am much more comfortable with my sexuality now that I actually see myself as a sexually desirable person, so I no longer shy away from my more primal, atavistic reactions to seeing a muscular, attractive man. I used to try really hard to put those thoughts out of my head. Now I try really hard to stop myself from saying "DAMN" out loud.