Fit in the workouts where you can

I always tell people most times the reason you feel like you don’t want to workout is because it can be such a chore but if you fit it in around your schedule, there’s less work to do. For example, you’re waiting in your car for someone, put your seat back and do some crunches and sit-ups.... I get that burn however I can💪💪💪💪

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Yeah I do kickbacks while I wait for my popcorn to be done sometimes. And inbetween commercials.
  • vanityy99 wrote: »
    Yeah I do kickbacks while I wait for my popcorn to be done sometimes. And inbetween commercials.

Exactly!!! There’s no rules to being fit💪💪
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Even little things like taking the stairs instead of the elevator/lift (hey I'm bilingual!) or parking in the spot farthest from the store add up over time.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,033 Member
    I pace the kitchen at work while waiting for the water to boil to make tea.
    I have been known to walk around my living room while watching TV when I don't feel like a proper workout in my home gym.
    While waiting for the train, I pace the platform instead of standing still.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Agreed, it is pretty easy to squeeze out some squats or pushups anywhere.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Yep ... I don't just exercise in the morning or in the evening. I'm doing it all day long.
  • britishbombshell08
    britishbombshell08 Posts: 95 Member
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    This is my mindset as well.

I use my mini-stair stepper or do walking lunges from the front to the back of my house when taking breaks from working. I do leg lifts while watching TV. I pace when I'm on a long phone call. Use the stairs instead of the escalator. I park further and walk etc.

I don't count these activities as exercise or even include them with my steps for the day, but the extra movement definitely helps and adds up.

Very true!! Mindset is key💪
  • britishbombshell08
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I pace the kitchen at work while waiting for the water to boil to make tea.
    I have been known to walk around my living room while watching TV when I don't feel like a proper workout in my home gym.
    While waiting for the train, I pace the platform instead of standing still.

Love it 💪💪
  • britishbombshell08
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Haha that’s perfect💪💪
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    If the point is to burn a few more calories, there are bunches of movement-increase ideas in this thread (not all of which are "exercise" in the sense of having notable fitness effects), and it links to another similar thread someplace in one of the posts, too, I believe):

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1
  • britishbombshell08
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    If the point is to burn a few more calories, there are bunches of movement-increase ideas in this thread (not all of which are "exercise" in the sense of having notable fitness effects), and it links to another similar thread someplace in one of the posts, too, I believe):

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1

Thanks! I’ll check it out
  • ClaireBri74
    ClaireBri74 Posts: 84 Member
    I got a wobble cushion and will use that when on a web meeting (when I don't need to use the computer) - If i do need to type I just stand for the meetings. Makes a massive difference when you have 20 plus web meetings a week
  • ClaireBri74
    ClaireBri74 Posts: 84 Member
    For example, you’re waiting in your car for someone, put your seat back and do some crunches and sit-ups.... I get that burn however I can💪💪💪💪

I haven't thought of seat crunches - I've just had a go on my office chair - that's really cool! Thanks for the idea
  • For example, you’re waiting in your car for someone, put your seat back and do some crunches and sit-ups.... I get that burn however I can💪💪💪💪

I haven't thought of seat crunches - I've just had a go on my office chair - that's really cool! Thanks for the idea

Anytime 💪💪😉😉
  • I got a wobble cushion and will use that when on a web meeting (when I don't need to use the computer) - If i do need to type I just stand for the meetings. Makes a massive difference when you have 20 plus web meetings a week

I fully agree. Staying active around is key 🔑