Disappointing Realization of Maintenance Calories

To start here are my stats:

Female
Height: 5’ 6”
Started MFP 3/21/19 at 182
Today: 144
GW: 140 (ideal goal weight for me is 135)
BMI: 23.3
(I used SAILRABBIT to calculate)

So, here is why I am disappointed. At 140 my BMR is going to be 1202 kcals a day and my TDEE set at sedentary will be 1442. When I get to goal weight I am still going to be eating the same 1200 calories (+/- 200 kcals) that I have been eating for the past 8 months. Meaning I will be on a diet for the rest of my life. To me that is disappointing. I am sure there are many other older folks on here in the same predicament. How did you mentally get on board with the fact that you are now restricted to such a small amount of calories a day in order to maintain your weight?

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I don't believe that any realization could be disappointing. I would double check my facts, talk to a professional in the dietary field with the past MFP records, consider a blood test and go from there. Realization today is better than back to the same old weight in a year's time. By the way, I have no idea how I will tackle my maintenance calories - I am still on the long road of weight loss: 600 days gone, 44 kg down but lots more to go.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    You might think about getting a treadmill. It gets really hot here in the summer, and I use one then. I had a standing desk the last year, I taught, and I loved it, too. ( Teachers usually are up, not sitting, so it was very convenient to put my laptop on and move as I wanted. ). Lots of good ideas from others here. I know you will figure this out!