Last film you saw...

Replies

• slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    we need to talk about kevin

i don't know, it felt lacking somehow. which maybe was it's goal.

I've had that in my watchlist forever. I want to read the book first though.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    85ay23goc3ip.jpg
  • Josh_2099
    Josh_2099 Posts: 2,073 Member
    Spider-Man Far From Home
  • dagee2
    dagee2 Posts: 129 Member
    Ford vs Ferrari

It was ok. Longer than it needed to be and it was slow moving. Great acting though. Made me absolutely hate Ford.
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    The Last Man on Earth (1964)

Part of my Reddit reviews I did couple weeks back
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    My tastes in film run foreign... mainly thrillers, clever comedy. Many of the most wonderful films I've seen require yearly viewing... a longer endeavor, but the Sopranos series is one such collection that is a must watch once/yr... all these years later... a testament to grand writing, acting & casting.

One such prize is 2012's "Headhunters (Hodejegerne)", an immensely clever, Norwegian crime drama/thriller with gasping action that's so unusual, it will keep you simultaneously breathtaken, on the edge of your seat & humored at the dark comedic elements peppered throughout the film. `

If you watch the trailer, it's dismal. I don't understand how such a grand film can be represented with such boringly displayed & narrated snippets... but, they managed to do such an injustice. It's one of the flaws I see with many foreign trailers.

Plot is the most different you'll see, the acting is great, there are twists you won't expect & all I can say, without revealing spoilers, is that... it's a film about a corporate exec (a headhunter for the elite), who has a double life as an art thief.

If you're not bothered by subtitles, you might enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5am704I0zkM
  • EddieJohnHunt
    EddieJohnHunt Posts: 695 Member
    Shaun the Sheep - Farmageddon
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    My tastes in film run foreign... mainly thrillers, clever comedy. Many of the most wonderful films I've seen require yearly viewing... a longer endeavor, but the Sopranos series is one such collection that is a must watch once/yr... all these years later... a testament to grand writing, acting & casting.

One such prize is 2012's "Headhunters (Hodejegerne)", an immensely clever, Norwegian crime drama/thriller with gasping action that's so unusual, it will keep you simultaneously breathtaken, on the edge of your seat & humored at the dark comedic elements peppered throughout the film. `

If you watch the trailer, it's dismal. I don't understand how such a grand film can be represented with such boringly displayed & narrated snippets... but, they managed to do such an injustice. It's one of the flaws I see with many foreign trailers.

Plot is the most different you'll see, the acting is great, there are twists you won't expect & all I can say, without revealing spoilers, is that... it's a film about a corporate exec (a headhunter for the elite), who has a double life as an art thief.

If you're not bothered by subtitles, you might enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5am704I0zkM

I remember watching this movie ages ago. It’s a good one. Did you see “The guilty” from last year?
  • TarryTaffy
    I remember watching this movie ages ago. It’s a good one. Did you see “The guilty” from last year?

Same... I saw Headhunter a decade ago, but have watched it yearly since.

No, I have not seen "The Guilty", but just watched the trailer & it looks wonderful. Added it to my list so I'll watch it within the week, thank you so much.

I'm open to other suggestions, as well. Thank you kindly for this... it's nice to find someone with similar movie interests, as many don't care for foreign or obscure films. Thank you... :smile:
  • happimess01

Same... I saw Headhunter a decade ago, but have watched it yearly since.

No, I have not seen "The Guilty", but just watched the trailer & it looks wonderful. Added it to my list so I'll watch it within the week, thank you so much.

I'm open to other suggestions, as well. Thank you kindly for this... it's nice to find someone with similar movie interests, as many don't care for foreign or obscure films. Thank you... :smile:

Oh if I knew you were planning to watch it, I would have suggested an even better film. I use to watch a lot of foreign films( Korean thrillers, specially) but then i got busy with work and studies. I am just starting to get back at it. Saw Parasite a week ago and loved it!
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,488 Member
    Ford vs Ferrari. Good movie, but not best picture quality.
  • TarryTaffy
    Oh if I knew you were planning to watch it, I would have suggested an even better film. I use to watch a lot of foreign films( Korean thrillers, specially) but then i got busy with work and studies. I am just starting to get back at it. Saw Parasite a week ago and loved it!

@happimess01 No worries, as I think we like a lot of the same genres & since I don't watch TV at all, I only watch movies. Have had weekends at home with 1/2-dozen flicks... love that.

My guilty pleasure is Korean/Japanese thrillers, too. Gosh I've seen so many but haven't seen one in awhile. Some great French ones, too, like Cache.

Parasite looks right up my alley. Just added it to my list. I'll be watching both before the weekend. Thank you, again! I'll keep on the lookout for your suggestions!
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Christmas Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses - Hallmark
    (I love good Christmas romance)
  • happimess01

@happimess01 No worries, as I think we like a lot of the same genres & since I don't watch TV at all, I only watch movies. Have had weekends at home with 1/2-dozen flicks... love that.

My guilty pleasure is Korean/Japanese thrillers, too. Gosh I've seen so many but haven't seen one in awhile. Some great French ones, too, like Cache.

Parasite looks right up my alley. Just added it to my list. I'll be watching both before the weekend. Thank you, again! I'll keep on the lookout for your suggestions!

Haha nice, i look forward to hearing about what you thought of these films.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    the joker w my 16yr old son in the theatre...loved it
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    "Where'd You Go, Bernadette". It was an ok movie because Cate Blanchet was in it and she's the best, but the book is much better.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    the knight before christmas-fun hallmark type christmas movie
    tried below your mouth-imagine if all of the actors were bella from twilight
    loving annabelle-they tried to make it tense. nope
    mission impossible fall out. meh. same old same old.
  • scostello3279
    scostello3279 Posts: 6 Member
    The Joker
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,852 Member
    Seven

That scene with the sloth victim....
  • dodgerdog999
    dodgerdog999 Posts: 1 Member
    Gemini Man—Will Smith. Horrible C. G.