Looking for a September 30 DS challenge

Options

Replies

• Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    I'm game! I've never done 30DS before, but I just tried it yesterday and I'm definitely up for a September challenge. I have to find a tape measure to get measurements in the next few days because I have a feeling thats where I'll see most of the results. :ohwell:

yes you most likely will see most of the results in inches. Some people have lost a good amount of weight from doing it as well, but for me it was mostly inches. And that is fine with me because inches are very noticeable also.

I hope no one gets discouraged from continuing with the shred if you are not losing pounds or if the first week you gain a few pounds. I've been told it is very common with this workout, your body is doing something new, working every muscle, they are likely to be inflamed a bit as you are putting muscle on which may show as an increase on the scale. There was a very good thread on here about an increase on the scale being different then a weight gain when starting a new workout, so look at it that way and keep track of the inches!
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Count me in ! I def need the motivation.... I started it 2 weeks ago, did Day 1, almost died - then got hit with the craziest Flu I have ever had..... !! Just getting better now.

Would love to have a challenge to hold me accountable for something.... Just need to find the measuring tape ! I think starting on 9/1 would be great too !
  • jessikas5
    jessikas5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I was planning on starting on Sept 1 anyway. I have tried it before but stopped during level 2. I would love to do 30 days straight.
  • tavia28
    tavia28 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new here but I would love to join this challenge.. I also have JM Ripped in 30.. Right now I want to try and complete the Shred first, so count me in!!!
  • glamnicole
    Options
    count me in! i did this earlier this year and would love to try it again :)
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Those of you that have done it before - do you wear shoes? I do a lot of yoga so I'm used to going without, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off having more knee and ankle support.

I'm excited to start tomorrow. :smile:
  • kamakameleon
    kamakameleon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm glad someone is starting a thread for this, because I had planned to start today!
  • Silverkittycat
    Options
    My shoe question has been answered, found this on a 30DS forum -
    Once, on Jillian’s radio show, a woman called in who was complaining about some minor injury and it came up that she had been doing 30DS without shoes. Jillian kind of went nuts on her, all “WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? PUT SOME SHOES ON.” So, I think, yes. Wear shoes.
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    Any preferences on when we should post measurements? Day one then every 10 days, after 30 days, or keep measurements private but report how many inches/pounds lost every 10 days?
  • Kaecklund
    Kaecklund Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I want to start! How do I join?
  • skinneyamy0211
    Options
    Never heard of it, what is it and i am down to starting one.
  • Silverkittycat
    Options
    Any preferences on when we should post measurements? Day one then every 10 days, after 30 days, or keep measurements private but report how many inches/pounds lost every 10 days?

Good question. I'd like to post measurements on day 1 and 30 so it shows a bigger difference - hopefully.
    It probably won't stop me from checking them earlier though. :wink:
  • kamakameleon
    kamakameleon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like this idea, as well. I think everyone should just do what they are comfortable with, though :)
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    I like this idea, as well. I think everyone should just do what they are comfortable with, though :)

of course, I want everyone to do what makes them feel comfortable. But also make sure everyone has some motivation to continue. So if it helps some to post their weight/measurements or see others who post for more motivation, that could help. And if it helps to just see a total loss, not the actual weight/measurements that can be motivating too. Each person should do what makes them comfortable, but post something by the end of the 30 days. (So hopefully after the end of the 30 days each one of us can help motivate others to try the shred) :)
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    I want to start! How do I join?

I am creating a thread for it to begin tomorrow. I'll post on here what the new thread is. And it's a Jillian Michaels dvd that can be purchased pretty cheap at walmart, amazon, target, ebay, etc.
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    Never heard of it, what is it and i am down to starting one.

it's a Jillian Michaels dvd. You do each level for 10 days. It's based on a 3-2-1 intervals of 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs. The workout is about 25-28 minutes long.
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I want to do it!! I was going to get the video tonight as a matter of fact!!
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    Here is the link for the new thread to start tomorrow....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/331932-shredding-in-september
  • Zonegirl51
    Options
    thanks I'll have to check it out.
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I started this on August 16th and didn't stick to it, I would have a day off here and there and then I lost motivation.

Today I am starting again from day 1 so count me in!