Pounds creeping back when transitioning to maintainence

2»

Replies

• gemiller87
    gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
    rosewolf13 wrote: »
    When you say cheat day, what does that involve food wise?

Cheat day is typically Sunday. I have a healthy breakfast and a stack of 3-4 pancakes for lunch with whipped cream and 100% maple syrup, fruit. Then a small dinner..I still stay within calorie goals but the extra sugar makes me feel nasty. I call it a cheat day because I consistently splurge on pancakes every sunday.

That sure doesn't sound like a staying within calorie goals kind of day. I'm not sure what your calorie goals are but my calorie goal right now is around 2000 and that type of lunch would blow it by a mile for me if I ate a "hearty" breakfast and any dinner at all that same day.

"Since the average American prefers to enjoy pancakes with syrup and butter, this must also be factored into the equation. One pancake with 2 tbsp. of syrup and 2 tbsp. of butter makes the calorie count climb to 355. The calories from carbohydrates and protein have been reduced while the calories from fat have increased to 34 percent." per the USDA.

That puts that lunch at more than half my whole days calorie expectation (1065-1420) and thats without any type of non water drink, throw in a full hearty breakfast and any dinner at all, divide that overage by the week it's not so tight of a calorie count anymore. I suspect this cheat day is more damaging than you expect. Although I don't see a .5lb gain a day climb out of it, but I could easily see weight creep in general from it.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    If weight is still climbing as rapidly as before, and you're sure of yourself, it's time to hit up the doctor for some labs. Are there any other symptoms developing? Some of them can seem really weird and not possibly related like mysteriously bruised knuckles and an uptick in headaches. That kind of thing.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    gemiller87 wrote: »
    rosewolf13 wrote: »
    When you say cheat day, what does that involve food wise?

Cheat day is typically Sunday. I have a healthy breakfast and a stack of 3-4 pancakes for lunch with whipped cream and 100% maple syrup, fruit. Then a small dinner..I still stay within calorie goals but the extra sugar makes me feel nasty. I call it a cheat day because I consistently splurge on pancakes every sunday.

That sure doesn't sound like a staying within calorie goals kind of day. I'm not sure what your calorie goals are but my calorie goal right now is around 2000 and that type of lunch would blow it by a mile for me if I ate a "hearty" breakfast and any dinner at all that same day.

"Since the average American prefers to enjoy pancakes with syrup and butter, this must also be factored into the equation. One pancake with 2 tbsp. of syrup and 2 tbsp. of butter makes the calorie count climb to 355. The calories from carbohydrates and protein have been reduced while the calories from fat have increased to 34 percent." per the USDA.

That puts that lunch at more than half my whole days calorie expectation (1065-1420) and thats without any type of non water drink, throw in a full hearty breakfast and any dinner at all, divide that overage by the week it's not so tight of a calorie count anymore. I suspect this cheat day is more damaging than you expect. Although I don't see a .5lb gain a day climb out of it, but I could easily see weight creep in general from it.

She said 'healthy' breakfast, not 'hearty.'