Who does not eat back exercise calories???

Options
Hey everyone..

Who doesn't eat their exercise calories back? Can you tell me how you have done on that generally as far as weight loss and how you feel?

Thanks!

Replies

• szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories. I may eventually when I start getting closer to my goal but in 2 1/2 months I've lost over 27 pounds. At first I exercised 5 days a week, now I exercise 6 days a week. Mostly cardio, some toning. I eat what I want (also a college student so limited to certain foods).
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I don't eat mine unless I'm hungry. My calorie goal is 1600 and I work out at least an hour every day and I've lost 23 lbs since the end of June. I'm meeting with a nutritionist this afternoon and plan to ask about the eating back exercise calories thing - I'll post back with what she says!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I don't. I just don't see the point. All it allows me to do is have a little more leaway with food that day, e.g. having that chicken leg with skin on this time, instead of off.

41 lbs down in 4 months, feeling great, not feeling like im depriving myself at all, feel i could go on like this forever, which is the key for me, as it means it wont ever come back :)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    People who don't exercise?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back my exercise carbs...does that count?
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't. I normally burn 800-1000 calories a day, and I just could never eat that many additional calories! I eat 1200... ya ya I only net a few hundred, bad me. But it's working I've lost 11 lbs. in the past 45 days. 157 down to 146, so I'm gonna stick with it and if I plateau I'll re-evaluate.
  • lahanna
    lahanna Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't eat mine either when I work out unless I opt for a snack. As far as I can tell it's working for me.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I don't. I setup a safe calorie deficit and have been fine not eating back calories. Just my personal philosophy based on things and results from various experts on nutrition and exercise.

Let the great debates begin!!! Again... LOL
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    I don't usually eat back ALL of my excerise calories, of course it's not for lack of trying. I eat when I'm hungry and drink tons of water. The days I work out are the days I'll eat a dessert, or have a starbucks. I never go all out though, i mean burning 600 calories is great but eating 2000 calories is what got me where I am in the first place, so I never eat back all of my calories..... maybe I will when I hit my goal weight or hit a wall, but for now I don't.

Hope this helps:) Good Luck
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I do...I don't buy into the mindset of "less is better" and I've lost 15lbs in a bit under 2 months so far.
  • isyslove
    isyslove Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    IS NOT ABOUT EATING YOUR CALORIES BACK BUT YOU DO HAVE TO EAT SOMETHING POST EXERCISE. I WOULD RECOMMEND A SHAKE FOR THE CARBS AND PROTEIN :DD
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I wasn't eating mine back and I hit a plateau. I definitely think I wasn't eating enough and my body went into starvation mode. Now I try my best to eat as much back as I can...I lost 4 lbs last week, so I'm hoping that means I'm out of this rut!
  • Lugh00
    Lugh00 Posts: 7
    Options
    Ok, so I don't really have any weight to loose, numbers wise, for me it's about loosing the fat and putting on muscle. I do eat back all of my exercise calories though. If I don't I will be starving in the middle of the night, assuming I'm able to sleep at all. I do try to keep from going over them though. I recently changed from loosing weight calories (1200-1350+ exercise) to maintaining + exercise. I was only a little snackish after dinner and I slept all night with out being hungry. I think it really depends on the person and their individual metabolism.
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    I usually don't eat back my exercise calories and I've lost 50 some lbs so it works for me. But everyone is different!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    if I dont eat back my exercise calories I feel like I will eat my arm off and even my left leg lol
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I don't eat mine back, but I don't usually do more than 20 minutes of exercise a day and have a goal of 1600 calories.

When I started I was eating 1200 and burning 400-1000 calories a day and when I started eating some of my calories back, I stopped losing weight.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Depends on it. I'm still alive.
  • Jesse13
    Jesse13 Posts: 72
    Options
    Great question, I want to see how many people are losing if not eating back their exercise calorie. That is such a confusing topic. I have been eating some back and my weight loss is going by REAL SLOW. I would love to have a simple formula for losing weight...Help
  • pippyrlz23
    pippyrlz23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't eat all of mine back. I think every person is different. I know my sister has to eat almost all of hers back of she stops losing immediately. If you do eat all or part of them back...make sure it's with healthy foods...maybe more protein than carbs.
  • Jesse13
    Jesse13 Posts: 72
    Options
    if I dont eat back my exercise calories I feel like I will eat my arm off and even my left leg lol

Funny, lol :)