ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday November 23

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Attend to Happy scale trend - be below maintenance. Progress back down to my maintenance rage is incredibly slow!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @faebert. I’ve never been close to your circumstances so realise I’m only making guesses but think the wobbly moment is to be expected. I’m also sure that the strength and determination you’ve applied to your healthy lifestyle will hold you in good stead for the procedure and your recovery. Best wishes Susan
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday November 23

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Attend to Happy scale trend - be below maintenance. Progress back down to my maintenance range is incredibly slow!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    I seem to have 'lost' a couple of posts!

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 150.8 (11/11)
    GW: 145.8
    23/11: CW: 150.4: - 0.4

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Thu 21 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • 10.15am: Dance Class✅
    • After lunch: clear up dining room ✅ Not completely yet!
    • Do accounts and sort out hall rents❌
    JFT: Fri 22 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • 10am: Latin Study Group ✅
    JFT: Sat 23 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • am: visit Craft Fair in Town Hall Museum ✅
    • Chores✅
    • Do accounts and sort out hall rents❌ I must to do this on Monday morning
    JFT: Sun 24 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • Am: sort out laundry/wardrobe changeover
    • After lunch: visit DED and grandsons
    Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov
    Stay under goal until Thanksgiving
    Days Under: 20/20

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    @Faebert - I can’t imagine making the decision you made and going through the surgery you are going through. I would be a lot more than wobbly.

@bex953172 - I agree your hair shouldn’t be your Christmas present. I am the same this year. I know whatever I ask for is exactly what I’ll get. I wish Rodger would just put some thought into it, not go shopping on Christmas Eve and think about making Christmas a surprise for me. That sounds selfish and I didn’t mean it to be. Anyway, maybe think of something you’ve wanted but didn’t want to spend money on. I will only buy wishes for Christmas presents not necessities.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Ken_Roper wrote: »
    Hey, how is everyone? I'm battling weight issues. I have dropped almost 40 pounds, have another 60 to go. Seem to have hit a plateau. Hate that and it's very discouraging. Think this group might be helpful to keep me focused and on track. I'm also using a gym 3-5 days a week as well as dieting (keeping calories in the 1200-1500 range most days). Tips would be helpful. I'm older (67) and have some arthritis and joint issues, so impact exercising is out of the question.

Welcome Ken!

I think hitting plateaus is very common.

I would suggest making sure that you are logging faithfully and accurately - making sure that you have the portions right. It's easy to get complacent about it when you've been doing it for a while and just log a bit less carefully. That can mean that you think you're eating a certain amount of calories, but are actually eating more than you think. Even a little more adds up.

I also notice that you say you eat 1200-1500 calories 'most days' - what happens on the other days? I'd suggest making sure you are logging EVERY day - you might be eating more on the other days and overall pushing your calories back up. I think lots of us, myself included, struggle with weekend eating - it's easy to eat more on those days and counteract the good work on the week.

Other than that, have patience! Sometimes the body decides it doesn't want to lose for a little while. But if you stick at it, it will get going again!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay guys so I'm really struggling for xmas. All the kids are sorted, we know what we're getting our parents etc.
    And me and ash are going shopping for our presents together so he just picks what he wants and I pick what I want.
    Except. I don't know what I want?
    With the weather change I always feel a bit lower than I do in the summer months and it's like.. I almost feel like I don't want anything but then I would be upset of I didn't actually get anything.

Something I DO want right now is a haircut but surely, that shouldn't be out of xmas money? That's something that needs doing as like bodily maintanence lol just like Ash gets his cut every month. It costs about 40 quid to get it done (but I did want colour but not sure how much that is) but anyway I don't really want to get that for Xmas when it's just gonna grow out again?

So I want *something* but what?

All I want from the kids is one of them GIANT Toblerones (and no I am NOT logging it lmao)
    But as for anything else it's all a bit.. meh.
    I have about 50-60 quid to spend on myself and I just can't find anything that I want OR need.
    Okay guys so I'm really struggling for xmas. All the kids are sorted, we know what we're getting our parents etc.
    And me and ash are going shopping for our presents together so he just picks what he wants and I pick what I want.
    With the weather change I always feel a bit lower than I do in the summer months and it's like.. I almost feel like I don't want anything but then I would be upset of I didn't actually get anything.

Something I DO want right now is a haircut but surely, that shouldn't be out of xmas money? That's something that needs doing as like bodily maintanence lol just like Ash gets his cut every month. It costs about 40 quid to get it done (but I did want colour but not sure how much that is) but anyway I don't really want to get that for Xmas when it's just gonna grow out again?

All I want from the kids is one of them GIANT Toblerones (and no I am NOT logging it lmao)
    I have about 50-60 quid to spend on myself and I just can't find anything that I want OR need.

I'm struggling with this as well. I don't really want more stuff. And what I really want is a new job, and nobody can buy that for me for Christmas!

So what I have suggested that me and the boyfriend buy each other something small - up to £20 - and then spend money on doing something nice together. That's worth more than more stuff to clutter up our already cluttered flat!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. Meditate
    5. Journal
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning and thank you for the well wishes. I'm still lurking just not quite ready for goals.

@TerriRichardson112 I'm so sorry for your losses, big hugs 💖💖
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Returning after three days away from MFP. I ate one restaurant meal each day, didn't log anything, and I'm fine with that. After logging most days since January 2017, it feels good to just chuck it some days. I was physically active on the weekend with staging the holiday parade Sat. a.m., and walking dog Sat. & Sun. Maybe that will balance out what I ate.

JFT M 11/25
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) PA-RM progress / reduce Inbox some more / review GA-C Cognos report / review minutes from F meeting
    4) Evening: walk dog / wash white load / wash dishes / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & tv off 10:20
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    @aubyshortcake and @TerriRichardson112 My sympathy to you for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you.

@Faebert Your maintenance lifestyle has prepared you well. "You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." ~ Christopher Robin
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 My condolences to you on the loss of your two friends. Prayers for peace for all their loved ones, including you.

@Bex953172 I agree with the others! Is there something you'd like to do? A massage? A spa day? A nice evening dinner date and a movie? Or how about something for your hair? They have new curling rods and straighteners that look really cool! Or how about an air fryer or an insti-pot? I guess I'm really not much help, am I? LOL! Personally, I'm hoping for a gift certificate to the Day Spa! :smile:

I had a busy weekend, so was not online much at all. That's a good thing though...means I was out enjoying life!

I had my annual eval today at work. I was really nervous because it was a very up and down, rocky year for me. But It went really well and I did get a raise! I'm so grateful!

I'm on my lunch break and have to head back to the office, so I'm going to quickly post some goals:

Just For Today:
    • Journal every bite on MFP and in my paper journal for Dr. P.
    • Drink more water than yesterday
    • Reach my step goal
    • No Sugar / No flour / No dairy
    • Work : Get top 3 goals done
    • Home: Dust and vacuum
    • Cardio 15m / Strength 15m
    • Think about one tiny habit to start working on next week...
    • In bed by 9:00 / gratitude journal / DO or JM reading / SA reading / book or Acorn TV show

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Monday November 25

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) I’ve logged and I won’t eat anything else today.
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Attend to Happy scale trend - be below maintenance :) scales moved in the right direction for this week’s weigh-in
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    mpqe7svtcki5.jpeg
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the Xmas ideas!
    @snowflake1968 ash does normally surprise me tbh, I think the year before last he bought a tablet. But I accepted the package lmao and opened it, he faked from November to Xmas day that it was for Saskia, we even set it all up together full of kids games lmao!
    Anyway he factory reset it and wrapped it for me, I was so confused on the day lmao!!

But I've decided on
    A 3 month membership for a game I like to access more content (from this you can use gold you make in the game to continue a membership) it's all pretty lame lmao but I love the game lol!

A calendar (there's one I've seen that has funny "mum" memes lol)
    A mini cocktail set
    Some clothes
    And a bottle of babycham

Oh and the big toblerone lmao!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    mpqe7svtcki5.jpeg

😍 Mary you look gorgeous!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Good morning and thank you for the well wishes. I'm still lurking just not quite ready for goals.

@TerriRichardson112 I'm so sorry for your losses, big hugs 💖💖

@aubyshortcake my condolences sweetheart. I'm feeling you. Take as much time as you need.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    The grim reaper harvested a couple of my friends today. Roger had been suffering from inoperable oesophageal cancer. He was,in his 80s, the widower of an old friend of mine who passed away a number of years ago. Tony had dietary and heart problems. He had been in and out of hospital recently with respiratory difficulties. He was in his early 70s, and was married to another of my friends. You never know the minute. Praying for strength for their families in the weeks ahead.

The only failure is giving up!
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 150.8 (11/11)
    GW: 145.8
    25/11: CW: 149.8: - 1 😀
    This was my new goal for 2019! Delighted to have hit it early, although I'm thinking it might not stick.

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Fri 22 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • 10am: Latin Study Group ✅
    JFT: Sun 24 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • Am: sort out laundry/wardrobe changeover✅
    • After lunch: visit DED and grandsons ✅
    JFT: Mon 25 Nov
    Goals: