Can't count because I love my body!!

Hey guys, this issue is bothering me!
Each time I try to stick to counting, a voice in my head tells me I'm fine and I look good so I don't need it, even if I gained weight! It's good that I love my body, but I don't want it to stop me from counting!
The only time I counted perfectly was when I had an eating disorder and I'm glad it's finally over.
How do I get back to counting without being negative and obsessive in it? I want something in between.
Any suggestions? Motivations?
Thanks!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Just log your food. See where the numbers land. You don’t have to consider it “counting”.

If you’re happy with your weight, that’s great. If you’re in good health, even better.

Enjoy your journey!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    What have you been doing when not counting? if your weight is stable perhaps you can maintain without counting.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Good for you, but I hated my body and most of all, my HEALTH! I will be counting forever because I don't want to ever go back to that. Works for me and it's routine now.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I would echo what everyone else is saying--maybe you don't need to count calories. Especially since you had an ED, maybe it's not even a good idea for you. If you feel like you MUST count calories, then I think it's worth discussing these plans with your treatment team.