I remember when........

Options

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I remember when there was no internet at all.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,115 Member
    Options
    I remember when $.75 an hour was minimum wage
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,241 Member
    Options
    When I first browsed the Internet using Lynx (a text-console browser) in the early 1990s.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    They sold candy and gum to children that looked like cigarettes and cigars (the candy had a powder on it that looked like smoke when you blew on it) 🤨
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I remember when tickets to big name concerts were really affordable. Like Tori Amos or Beastie Boys for $15 and Lollapalooza for $30-50 depending on which section. And this was 90s to early 00s, not talking about 50 years ago or anything.
  • gcibsthom
    Options
    Self-service at gas stations was unusual. Most stations had attendants who would as a routine check your tires and oil while pumping your gas (which was 20 cents a gallon at that time)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    They sold candy and gum to children that looked like cigarettes and cigars (the candy had a powder on it that looked like smoke when you blew on it) 🤨

That is too funny...we had those too growing up. Craziness...
  • s1im62
    edited December 2019
    Options
    When kids played war with toy guns and nobody worried about it because everyone including the kids knew the difference between play and the toy and a real gun and real war.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    I remember when us kids could play outside into the dark and not be scared to be kidnapped
  • s1im62
    Options
    When a 56k modem home computer connection was state-of-the-art screaming fast!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    I remembered that we had a 'milk man' that delivered our milk each week
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i remember when people used to dress up to fly on planes. and meals were served on bone china and real silverware and real glasses.
  • gcibsthom
    Options
    This will really show my age...

I remember when doctors made house calls
  • s1im62
    Options
    I remember when listening to popular music made you want to hug somebody, instead of today's stuff that seems to make people want to shoot somebody.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I remember when you had to press the phone button 200,000 to send a small paragraph on a flip phone.
  • 4my3gurls
    4my3gurls Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I remember when you had to press the phone button 200,000 to send a small paragraph on a flip phone.

🙋🏽‍♀️ I was one of them people 🙋🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ what a pain in the butt that was
  • gcibsthom
    Options
    people think I remember stone tablets....lol

I remember when a "selfie" was not something you could talk about in public...lol
  • s1im62
    Options
    I remember when you could disagree with someone about politics and remain friends with them.
  • noelkro80
    noelkro80 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I used to have to check ceefax for the football results
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    Extended Families would get together for the Holidays with all the cousins, Aunt's & Uncles and Grandparents present