December Burpee Challenge 2019

Replies

• SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Yay! So glad to see some posts! I managed to do 2 sets of 15 today. I did one set in the am and one after dinner.
    Add me if you two like: who doesn’t want more mfp buddies! 🤗
    I am an old hat at both mfp and burpees. Dropped 60lbs but then I tried other things which just didn’t work in the long run, so I have returned to my roots. Time to build some strength, increase my mobility, and drop some lard along the way 🤞.
  • pisanee
    pisanee Posts: 1,845 Member
    I’ll add you @SammyDee2015 . I have been focusing on weight loss with a treadmill but I’ve hit that plateau. I’ve been trying to add on bodyweight exercises and apparently burpees hit every part. Just wish they were a bit more beginner friendly.
  • pisanee
    Still in it. Trying to be mindful of form and add another 5 next week. Maybe work on jumping out my legs as well.

Dec 1: 5 modified burpees
    Dec 2: 15 modified burpees
    Dec 3: 15 modified burpees
    Dec 4: 20 modified burpees
    Dec 5: 20 modified burpees
    Dec 6: 20 modified burpees
  • SammyDee2015
    I have my 3yr old granddaughter for the weekend, so we did burpees together. So fun! Did the whole set of 30 in one session yesterday afternoon but it took 20 minutes 😆
  • pisanee
    I have my 3yr old granddaughter for the weekend, so we did burpees together. So fun! Did the whole set of 30 in one session yesterday afternoon but it took 20 minutes 😆

That’s so awesome! I bet she had perfect form too😀.
  • SammyDee2015
    30 burpees in one set this afternoon. Trying 2x30 on Monday. ( not all at once. I am not that crazy) 😆
  • pisanee
    Dec 7: 20 modified burpees
    Dec 8: 20 modified burpees
    Dec 9: 20 modified burpees

On Saturday, I started trying to jump my legs in and out of the plank. Jumping them in was easier than out for some reason. Not sure if I just wasn't getting my balance right or I was psyching myself out. Some are still a bit wobbly but I finally was able to do all 20 without walking my feet today. Now to get that push up in.
  • pisanee
    30 burpees in one set this afternoon. Trying 2x30 on Monday. ( not all at once. I am not that crazy) 😆

Do you do the 30 non-stop? I still take a few deep breaths in between every burpee so I don’t get winded. I do separate cardio workouts, so I figure doing the burpees slow should still be okay just for the strength training aspect?
  • SammyDee2015
    pisanee wrote: »

Do you do the 30 non-stop? I still take a few deep breaths in between every burpee so I don’t get winded. I do separate cardio workouts, so I figure doing the burpees slow should still be okay just for the strength training aspect?

I do 30 in a row, though I do rest at the standing position whenever I need to. Which is often. 😆 And yes, as a cardio & strengthening move , I keep it separate from anything else by a couple hours.
    Managed to do a set of 30 at noon and one after dinner on Monday 😊

• SammyDee2015
    No burpees today- so let’s call it a rest day l😆
  • SammyDee2015
    y5zt8j9782z1.png
  • I love burpeesssss😍😍😍😍😍
  • SammyDee2015
    I love burpeesssss😍😍😍😍😍

Get ova here and gimme 100 missive! 😆

• pisanee
    So on Tuesday I tried to do half burpees quickly, my form was all over the place and I kind of put too much impact on my knees. I took Wednesday to recover a bit and went back to my slower modified beginner burpees again today.

Dec 10: 25 half burpees
    Dec 11: Rest day
    Dec 12: 25 modified burpees
  • SammyDee2015
    Good job getting it in Pisanee! 🤗

I did none yesterday but today I did a 30 set in the morning before work and 30 just now. Since they only take me each under five minutes I don’t really count them as true exercise, tho I am rethinking that- my heart rate was thru the roof! 😆
  • SammyDee2015
    pu8yqyuwbzcb.jpeg
  • SammyDee2015
    Just checking in to say not one burpee has been performed since my last check in. Think I have lost my desire to even try them!
  • SammyDee2015
    4qn0g8gncxfl.jpeg
  • pisanee
    Just checking in to say not one burpee has been performed since my last check in. Think I have lost my desire to even try them!

I know the feeling. I’ve been a bit fatigued and sore from some other stuff and have dropped back to my sad beginner burpees. Trying to work my way back up again.

Dec 13: none
    Dec 14: none
    Dec 15: 10 barely burpees
    Dec 16: 14 barely burpees
  • SammyDee2015
    No bloody burpees- will the month ever end so I can stop baring my in- awesomeness? Or- better yet when will I just start doing them again?! 🙄