Yohimbe HCL - Your experience

Options
Hi All
Learned about the fat burning benefits of Yohimbe HCL and looking for some real word feedback from the folks on this forum. My use would be for getting rid of stubborn belly fat via the alpha receptor benefit it supposedly has.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Okay I have a question, I guess more for @mmapags since he tried it.

How would you know if it worked? I mean, I'm assuming that people buy these gimmicks when they are already trying to lose weight and are therefore changing their food and activity etc. So - by what measure would you know? I always wonder.

Now if I could take a pill or supplement that would make me uninterested in bakery goods...I might be in.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Renal failure!?!? Yikes.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Pointing out potential side effects is a little bit of fear-mongering. For example;

"Agitation or combativeness
    anxiety
    confusion
    fear of impending death
    feeling, hearing, or seeing things that are not real"

Yohimbe? Nope, that's penicillin.

All supplements I've had that have yohimbe included other ingredients, namely caffeine (hydroxycut, for example). These do help with energy and appetite suppression, but as they're a mixed bag I can't speak for yohimbe standing alone. I am happy to report an absence of renal failure though.

As with any supplements it may assist in helping you eat less and/or workout more, but taken alone without behavioral changes will likely not produce noticeable results.

I'd say if you can find something at a decent price give it a shot, but don't approach it with unreasonable expectations and obviously if you experience adverse side effects give it a rest.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Better off adding more exercise. Burn more calories guaranteed with no potential side effects!
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I used it and read Lyle McDonald’s protocol on how to use it. I didn’t see much change tbh. It does cause some water retention which can mask weight loss. I didn’t experience any adverse effects like palpitations or anything. I wouldn’t mess with it again.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Not used it but having read up on it via https://examine.com/supplements/yohimbine/
    I think you should proceed with caution, especially over actual dosage taken (dosage matters with any drug for effectiveness and avoidance of risk), when to take it and potential conflicts with other drugs.

BTW - see nothing to indicates it targets particular areas of fat storage, that sounds more like marketing playing to wishful thinking rather than science.

Any of you yohimbe users notice the aphrodisiac effects mentioned https://examine.com/supplements/yohimbine/ ?