what types of exercises do you do?

Options

Replies

• molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I had a hot yoga class this morning at 8, followed by an hour of weight circuit training, then I hoped next door, and took on an interval cardio step class...which I just love, my HRM let me know I burned 782 calories for that class alone! then I hoped on to the elliptial for 40 minutes..i'm pooped, but I get sooo psyched with all the classes, I just wanna do them all! :happy:

and I have a secret agenda, it's one of childrens b-days today and I wanna enjoy a meal without guilt, I wan't a STEAK DAMMIT!! :bigsmile:

wow, that would kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great job. what kind of hrm do you have?

I have a polar F6..I LOVE it :smooched: :smooched:
  • crosstitcher0563
    Options
    Hi :drinker:
    I do a variety of machines at the YMCA. The elliptical makes me sweat the most and I love it! I do the bicycle, the rowing machine, and the treadmill also. I go to beginning yoga on Monday. I'm want to try a step aerobic class soon.

I just started cross country hiking. We are doing some challenging hikes in the Olympic National Park. We hope to do some backpacking this summer too.

I love to be active!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I had a hot yoga class this morning at 8, followed by an hour of weight circuit training, then I hoped next door, and took on an interval cardio step class...which I just love, my HRM let me know I burned 782 calories for that class alone! then I hoped on to the elliptial for 40 minutes..i'm pooped, but I get sooo psyched with all the classes, I just wanna do them all! :happy:

and I have a secret agenda, it's one of childrens b-days today and I wanna enjoy a meal without guilt, I wan't a STEAK DAMMIT!! :bigsmile:

wow, that would kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great job. what kind of hrm do you have?

I have a polar F6..I LOVE it :smooched: :smooched:

i just ordered one of those online last night and I can't wait for it to get here!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Hi :drinker:
    I do a variety of machines at the YMCA. The elliptical makes me sweat the most and I love it! I do the bicycle, the rowing machine, and the treadmill also. I go to beginning yoga on Monday. I'm want to try a step aerobic class soon.

I just started cross country hiking. We are doing some challenging hikes in the Olympic National Park. We hope to do some backpacking this summer too.

I love to be active!

Sounds like you are very active.
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I am starting all over with the exercise thing, too, and the things that have helped me are videos I have rented from the local library. Just rent a bunch that sound interesting, and hopefully you will find one or two good ones.

I like the 10 minute solution ones so far, as well as a 1 minute workout video that actually randomizes a bunch of 1 minute exercises according to your preferences. This way, you can get an idea what is easy, what is difficult, and what you want to concentrate on.

Of course, if you have $, you can go to the local gym and book an appt with a fitness trainer to help you know where to start, too.:smile:
  • mmackie
    Options
    I do the elliptical for about 30 minutes and then the satirclimber for about 20. The stairclimber that I get on is this huge machine with actual stairs that rotate around-it makes you feel really strong, but its pretty hard. I can only do 20 minutes on level 5.

You should try it! Its something new for me and it helps me break up my workout. I get really bored on the elliptical, but it burns a lot of calories.

Good Luck and keep working hard!:wink:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    All of my exercise I do at home... I've taken water fitness classes but they were a pain to fit into my schedule and I was a gym member for a year and HATED it!

So, mostly I walk or jog- I also like to ride my bicycle when it's nice out. I have an elliptical machine and a combination recumbent bike/rowing machine and a big yoga ball that I also use here at my house. When it's nice out I hula hoop and jump rope outdoors. We also have a weight bench, but I rarely use it because it's always got the weights my boyfriend uses on it and it's a pain in the butt to adjust! Sometimes I'll just do plain old calisthenics and stretching.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I am starting all over with the exercise thing, too, and the things that have helped me are videos I have rented from the local library. Just rent a bunch that sound interesting, and hopefully you will find one or two good ones.

I like the 10 minute solution ones so far, as well as a 1 minute workout video that actually randomizes a bunch of 1 minute exercises according to your preferences. This way, you can get an idea what is easy, what is difficult, and what you want to concentrate on.

Of course, if you have $, you can go to the local gym and book an appt with a fitness trainer to help you know where to start, too.:smile:

thanks, I will try the library thing, I wish I had money for a personal trainer and go to the gym.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Try ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I do the elliptical for about 30 minutes and then the satirclimber for about 20. The stairclimber that I get on is this huge machine with actual stairs that rotate around-it makes you feel really strong, but its pretty hard. I can only do 20 minutes on level 5.

You should try it! Its something new for me and it helps me break up my workout. I get really bored on the elliptical, but it burns a lot of calories.

Good Luck and keep working hard!:wink:

I wish that I could go to a gym but I don't have the money for that right now, but that stairclimber you mentioned sounds great.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Try ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flowerforyou:

what is zumba? sorry I have never heard about that.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    All of my exercise I do at home... I've taken water fitness classes but they were a pain to fit into my schedule and I was a gym member for a year and HATED it!

So, mostly I walk or jog- I also like to ride my bicycle when it's nice out. I have an elliptical machine and a combination recumbent bike/rowing machine and a big yoga ball that I also use here at my house. When it's nice out I hula hoop and jump rope outdoors. We also have a weight bench, but I rarely use it because it's always got the weights my boyfriend uses on it and it's a pain in the butt to adjust! Sometimes I'll just do plain old calisthenics and stretching.

those all sound great, my favorite thing to do is get outside and walk but it has just been too cold to do that. I have a stationary bike, the handles move so it is also working my arms as well as my legs.
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    I walk, treadmill, Richard Simmons tapes, walking tapes
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I walk, treadmill, Richard Simmons tapes, walking tapes

I do the walking outside but right now it is too cold, I have one Richard Simmons tape(my mom gave it to me), I have the walk away the pounds with water weights by Leslie Sansone, and I have a denise austin tapes.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Treadmill... and weights for toning. That's about it. :)

None of my other calorie-burning activities may be mentioned here. HA HA HA!!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 5 to 6 days a week and usually start with the stationary bike. I use the treadmill too. The elliptical scares me as I can picture it going insane while I am on it and me getting my legs all tangled up.The stair climber thingy will come when I'm not lugging so much weight around.

I also do weight training at the gym.

I do lane swimming too and I am shooting to do it 2 - 3 times a week.

We have dogs that need walking and I have signed up for a belly dancing class that starts at the end of March. We also have Wii Fit at home( although I only do that when nobody else is is home)

I can't wait for the weather to get better so we can go biking too!

I like the variety
  • Kelly1376
    Kelly1376 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just signed on to the National Body Challenge on the Discovery Channel site and they have a workout that changes daily. It's lead by Gilad, features a video for each segment and all you need is a set of hand weights (I bought mine at Five Below). They are usually 30-40 minutes but boy, you'll use them wisely! I lost an inch off my waist in no time (a week)!!! They do 6 days on, one day off. I also started running on the treadmill which is a huge feat for me!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    thanks everyone, these are such great ideas.
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Weather permitting I run when I can 4-5 miles at a crack. I rotate that with TaeBo Advanced and Cathe Friedrich Body Max 2 DVD or Kick Punch and Crunch. Love it love it!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Weather permitting I run when I can 4-5 miles at a crack. I rotate that with TaeBo Advanced and Cathe Friedrich Body Max 2 DVD or Kick Punch and Crunch. Love it love it!

wow, I have to give you credit for the running, I have never been a runner, but I love to go walking, I used to walk 4 or 5 miles a day when I was younger, I am trying to work my way back to doing that, but it has been too cold here to get out and walk, and I have 2 kids, ages 31/2 years old and 19 months old.