Food Items You Eat Everyday

What are some food items you eat almost everyday and why? Mine are below.

Egg whites from a carton - easy to cook and lots of protein
Boneless skinless chicken breast - easy to cook, lots of protein, low fat, and low salt
Whole oats soaked in milk overnight - easy to make, grab and go food, good carbs to start the day
Lentils - solid iron and fiber, easy to cook

Replies

• diptti2020
    diptti2020 Posts: 4 Member
    Grapefruit and boiled egg or oatmeal in the morning
    proper rice, meat, miso soup for lunch
    salad, soup, fruits, curry , stirfried vegies without rice for dinner
    yogurt, grapes, dark chocolate, cheese, chestnut, nuts for snack within 100 Cal
    and lots of water and tea and coffee and tea and tea and tea.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Toast, peanut butter, jam, coffee everyday

Things I eat often.. chicken breast, protein powder, cottage cheese, eggs, salad, pasta, granola bars, rice, soups, apples, strawberries, rapini, zucchini, fish, seafood, wine :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,363 Member
    On the daily?

Coffee with half and half.
    Hot tea (various kinds)
    Eggs (anything from 3 hard boiled eggs to 2-3 eggs with 1-2 whites. I can't do straight egg whites, must do a minimum of equal ratio with whole eggs)
    Cheese most days (a variety)
    Green veggies
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    Avocado - not everyday, but probably 3 to 4 times a week on average.

How do you eat it? Straight from the skin?
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited December 2019
    Oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon, & walnuts: A filling breakfast that lasts me til lunch
    1/2 sandwich and frozen vegetables cooked in a microwave pot: quick and easy lunch since I am usually flying out the door to go to work.
    Other than that I eat a pretty good variety of foods.
  • SallyH77
    SallyH77 Posts: 42 Member
    Eggs, salad, chicken breast, rice - usually find these in most meals I eat every day.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    allother94 wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »
    Avocado - not everyday, but probably 3 to 4 times a week on average.

How do you eat it? Straight from the skin?

No always peeled. And then depending on what I am eating it with, either butninto slices, cubed, or mashed into a spread. I will have it as a side during a meal, as part of a salad, or on sandwiches/burgers/tacos etc.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Pretty much everyday:
    Black coffee
    egg burrito with cheese
    Fage yogurt
    86% Ghirardelli dark chocolate square
    Wine

Very often: banana, apple, broccoli, salad, Pb choc chip Larabar
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    I'm embarrassed how often I eat some of the same things!

-San Francisco Bay cold brew with cinnamon and a sugar-free syrup
    -Apples

-Daily salad of baby greens, red pepper, green onion, radish, tomato, fresh herbs, cucumber, jicama salad. I came home and my jicama was bad, my salad won't be the same! Only thing I switch up is the protein is tuna, chicken, or beans then one of about 7 creamy Bolthouse dressings.

-Beans - I've been buying dried beans and legumes and making in the Instant pot so there's at least one batch of beans, chili, or soup going at all times.

Lemons in water. Hot herbal tea. Iced tea.

Weekly I have broccoli, brussel sprouts, onions, garlic, peppers, zucchini, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, chicken breasts, ground turkey

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Everyday? Water, but that's not a food. I don't think there's a single food that I eat every day other than maybe wheat. There are foods I eat a lot, but none of those fall into the "everyday" category.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Bacon
  • RovP6
    RovP6 Posts: 108 Member
    Porridge oats most days
    Whey protein
    Fage Greek yoghurt
    Fruit, usually blueberries or banana
    Chicken most days

I usually keep my food pretty much the same every weekday and vary it at weekends.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited December 2019
    Greek yogurt.... gives me extra protein and is great before and after a workout.
    Almonds..another great food before and after workouts
    Honey Crisp Apples...best apple in the world in my opinion. I sometimes have 3 a day
    Chicken, boneless skinless breasts....main source of protein each week. (have it nearly every day)
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Chicken, Dates, Bananas, Yoghurt.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    I'd say coffee is the only think I have everyday.

My breakfasts are either oatmeal or Eggs/Bacon/Sausage (this depends on if I feel like meal prepping)
    Lunches are whatever I batch cook on Sunday for the week (it varies, depending on mood)
    Dinners are varied (my BF isn't a fan of the same thing often, which is good because it forces me to be creative)

Now, my snacks are pretty similar. Yogurt, pretzels, graham crackers, sometimes jerky.

But none of these things are everyday things.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Greek yogurt.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I will usually change things up, but usually in the monthly rotation are these:

Eggs
    Parmesan cheese
    Bananas
    Apples
    Tortillas
    Greek yogurt (or Skyr)
    Tomatoes
    Green leaf lettuce
    Bac'n bits
    Sliced bread
    Almond milk
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,145 Member
    I subscribe to a meal delivery service specifically to avoid having to eat the same thing every day. I have been on a kick with a cheese stick wrapped in prosciutto as a snack lately, though.