36" 24" 36"

Options
13»

Replies

• Sweatspiration
    Sweatspiration Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    My mom had those measurements back in the day. She still has a nice figure, in shape and looks amazing for her age too!

I'm 36-27-38. Very happy with that, although shopping for clothes can be a problem at times. I keep my tailor busy!

Ahhhh tryna get back to this. It was all leggings and dresses because if my thighs/butt fit, my waist area was just a disaster!
  • GeminiLady159
    GeminiLady159 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just measured my ELEVEN YEAR OLD for Christmas sizing this weekend and her waist is 24”. She’s tall and slim and sized as she should be-as a child. So...yeah.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I just measured my ELEVEN YEAR OLD for Christmas sizing this weekend and her waist is 24”. She’s tall and slim and sized as she should be-as a child. So...yeah.

She's probably more of a straight shape, as most women (or in this case, girls) are. Hourglass shapes are rarer but they do exist and a 24'' waist is slim but not unobtainable.
  • soniasharma2
    soniasharma2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im 36-27-36 (but Im 5'2"). At some point before having my twins I had a 24" waist, but everything else was smaller, I was 35 lbs lighter and honestly I was probably "skinny fat" since I didnt do any kind of strength training as I do now. My mom has a similar body shape, and its always been hard finding clothes that fit right in the waist that arent at extremes of baggy or skin tight. Growing up I had a lot of body dysmorphia, all I wanted to be was tall (obviously not happening), thin and "straight" and I was embarrassed by my curvy figure. Its kind of amusing how that has changed in terms of whats considered fashionable (although it is easier to buy clothes, as there are more options for all body types in general, including curvy petites). In my not so wise old 40s I realize that whether or not my given body type is "fashionable" or not doesnt really mean squat, but I can do the best what I have.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,160 Member
    Options
    Women need to be less focused on such numbers. Realistically, any woman (or man) without big belly looks good physically. Rest is your personality and character.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I was 36-24-35 before children...currently 36-29-39...I could definitely lose about 3" off my waist if I reduced my body fat...I'm working on it...currently it's coming off the backs of my thighs and lower booty instead of my waist, but hey, it's a goal and a reason to keep on trying.

I do track my measurements because for me they matter way more than the scale in terms of a health metric. I'm almost 50 lbs heavier now than I was before children, but much of that added weight is muscle and I'm sure I'm healthier now than I was then...the scale can't always give you a good picture of health...measurements, photos, body fat % and other metrics, they all play a role.
  • rosegreen12
    rosegreen12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5", 177 lbs, medium frame, 44-36-45 (I don't remember what I was at my thinnest since that was 30 yrs ago, but I remember I was 127 lbs and looked anorexic). I know that I felt my best in 1998 at 160 lbs. so that's goal, but I won't mind going on down to 155 lbs. I want to stay huggable for my grandchildren and I notice the youngest ones have trouble getting their heads comfortable on my shoulder even now.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I’m 34-26-37 at 5 feet four and a half inches and 123 pounds. I was 34-24-34 when I was about 18. Genetics for sure, as my mom also had a small waist. BUT...I have “tree-trunk” legs. Short and sturdy rather than long, willowy and shapely. So it’s always something. I love my legs, they are strong and get me where I want to go while hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and spinning.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I’m 34-26-37 at 5 feet four and a half inches and 123 pounds. I was 34-24-34 when I was about 18. Genetics for sure, as my mom also had a small waist. BUT...I have “tree-trunk” legs. Short and sturdy rather than long, willowy and shapely. So it’s always something. I love my legs, they are strong and get me where I want to go while hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and spinning.

Those are my legs too. BMI of 24 and still can't fit into regular calf boots lol.
  • paigeanderson725
    Options
    Only if she's 5'3" 😏...
    I kid...

But for men it's shoulders/waist = 1.6 (the golden ratio)

Sir mix a lot was the first thing that came to mind for me too! 😂