2»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Julbarr wrote: »
    I’m reading The China Study now (Dec. 2019). It was recommended to me by a nutrition / health & fitness expert & my dietician. Very persuasive evidence to go WFPB. (Whole Food Plant Based). Disturbing facts about how the “nutrition experts” sold out to big corporate dairy & meat councils & have actively been deceiving the public about cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and other western diseases of affluence.

I recently dropped The keto diet after 2 years. In the last 2 months of being mostly WFPB, I’ve regained my sleep and no longer have restless leg syndrome. Super huge for me as I’ve had insomnia for years.

Another great movie besides “Forks Over Knives” is “The Game changers” available on Netflix. Must watch!!

Nope.
    Eating more plants... nothing wrong with that. No one is going to disagree you with you here. But those documentaries and "study" being educational? Yea.......... Nope.

I'm an omnivore and I eat more vegetables than some vegetarians ;)

Same here.
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    LOL So the moral of this thread is that no one reads anymore. It's been 8 years and no one has stepped forward to say they've actually read the China study in it's entirety. Guess the world will never know!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    noel2fit wrote: »
    LOL So the moral of this thread is that no one reads anymore. It's been 8 years and no one has stepped forward to say they've actually read the China study in it's entirety. Guess the world will never know!

I've read it. I wasn't here in 2012, and so didn't see this thread when OP was wanting to discuss it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I’m reading The China Study now (Dec. 2019). It was recommended to me by a nutrition / health & fitness expert & my dietician. Very persuasive evidence to go WFPB. (Whole Food Plant Based). Disturbing facts about how the “nutrition experts” sold out to big corporate dairy & meat councils & have actively been deceiving the public about cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and other western diseases of affluence.

I recently dropped The keto diet after 2 years. In the last 2 months of being mostly WFPB, I’ve regained my sleep and no longer have restless leg syndrome. Super huge for me as I’ve had insomnia for years.

Another great movie besides “Forks Over Knives” is “The Game changers” available on Netflix. Must watch!!

Nope.
    Eating more plants... nothing wrong with that. No one is going to disagree you with you here. But those documentaries and "study" being educational? Yea.......... Nope.

Same here.

Just had a holiday party I hosted. We had brussels + chestnuts, green beans, two green salads with lots of veg, lentils, an acorn squash and zucchini dish, and, oh yes, ribeye roast and mashed potatoes and rolls. The vast majority of what people ate, even in this decadent setting, was vegetables.

My usual T-giving = raw veg as part of the appetizer (with dip), potatoes, brussels, green beans, broccoli + cauliflower, salad, and turkey (usually breast). Various dishes will include butter, sour cream, cheese, and other types of fat, granted, and my sister normally insists on pumpkin cheesecake and I like an apple pie. Nonetheless, people will eat lots of veg if they have the whole meal and maybe realize they like veg.

My mom (an omnivore) used to get crazy at Thanksgiving with vegetable sides. She's slowing down so this year we only had mashed potato, baked sweet potato, and two types of green been casserole (from me). Oh, two types of mashed potato (one from her, one from me).

And we had three kinds of cranberry sauce. (Two from me and one from my sister.) Mom's neighbor showed us an abandoned cranberry bog that still produces so I'd picked those cranberries with my own hands.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

Nope.

Same here.

Just had a holiday party I hosted. We had brussels + chestnuts, green beans, two green salads with lots of veg, lentils, an acorn squash and zucchini dish, and, oh yes, ribeye roast and mashed potatoes and rolls. The vast majority of what people ate, even in this decadent setting, was vegetables.

My usual T-giving = raw veg as part of the appetizer (with dip), potatoes, brussels, green beans, broccoli + cauliflower, salad, and turkey (usually breast). Various dishes will include butter, sour cream, cheese, and other types of fat, granted, and my sister normally insists on pumpkin cheesecake and I like an apple pie. Nonetheless, people will eat lots of veg if they have the whole meal and maybe realize they like veg.

My mom (an omnivore) used to get crazy at Thanksgiving with vegetable sides. She's slowing down so this year we only had mashed potato, baked sweet potato, and two types of green been casserole (from me). Oh, two types of mashed potato (one from her, one from me).

And we had three kinds of cranberry sauce. (Two from me and one from my sister.) Mom's neighbor showed us an abandoned cranberry bog that still produces so I'd picked those cranberries with my own hands.

I’ve always wanted to see a real cranberry bog! Besides on the cranberry juice commercials anyway 😄. Hailing from the Mountain West, I can’t even conceive of what that much water would look like outside of a swimming pool! It just fascinates me...
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »

Nope.

Same here.

I’ve always wanted to see a real cranberry bog! Besides on the cranberry juice commercials anyway 😄. Hailing from the Mountain West, I can’t even conceive of what that much water would look like outside of a swimming pool! It just fascinates me...

You should see the sugarcane fields down here In Florida.