What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Can't figure out why foods I've disliked my entire life in the extreme (turned off by the look, smell, taste, texture, color) are foods I now crave & have no idea where the craving is coming from... I'm also liking these new foods (spinach, mushrooms... rice is a new one I'll have to try this week, cuz I'm craving that, too & have always found it disgusting).

Conversely, foods I used to eat daily (tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, carrots) are foods that I don't like any longer. I can eat them, but unless they're covered in anything to mask the flavor, I don't like them.

What gives?

I can relate reading this. I hated vegetables all my life but since I have been on a plant base diet I know crave them. So friggin weird. Oh and 🥩 steaks, beautiful delicious, savory steaks which I have LOVED all my life I can barely eat. Seriously 😳.

I had the same thing when i switched to a plant based diet.

When I was a vegetarian for 5-yrs in my 20s, I'd never been so ill. When I returned to eating meat (beef mostly), I became healthy. Although, does "plant based" mean vegetarian/vegan? Or, just that it's the bulk of the diet?

I love fruit, but hate veggies, except lettuce & potatoes, which I'm not liking much, atm either... what's happening? Have always eaten vegs, but have that face of a kid being forced to eat liver & onions followed by a broccoli-tree bark shake.

Luckily, I eat alone. :blush:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Can't figure out why foods I've disliked my entire life in the extreme (turned off by the look, smell, taste, texture, color) are foods I now crave & have no idea where the craving is coming from... I'm also liking these new foods (spinach, mushrooms... rice is a new one I'll have to try this week, cuz I'm craving that, too & have always found it disgusting).

Conversely, foods I used to eat daily (tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, carrots) are foods that I don't like any longer. I can eat them, but unless they're covered in anything to mask the flavor, I don't like them.

What gives?

I can relate reading this. I hated vegetables all my life but since I have been on a plant base diet I know crave them. So friggin weird. Oh and 🥩 steaks, beautiful delicious, savory steaks which I have LOVED all my life I can barely eat. Seriously 😳.

I had the same thing when i switched to a plant based diet.

When I was a vegetarian for 5-yrs in my 20s, I'd never been so ill. When I returned to eating meat (beef mostly), I became healthy. Although, does "plant based" mean vegetarian/vegan? Or, just that it's the bulk of the diet?

I love fruit, but hate veggies, except lettuce & potatoes, which I'm not liking much, atm either... what's happening? Have always eaten vegs, but have that face of a kid being forced to eat liver & onions followed by a broccoli-tree bark shake.

Luckily, I eat alone. :blush:

😂 lol.. oh that's a pretty face, it's the same one I make when I eat brussel sprouts..
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    @r3d_butt3rfly_
    I've been waiting to see you around to show you this majesty!
    00ecg8706d9b.jpg
    I put it beside a sheet of paper to try to give reference.
    I adore this plant!

And night time! I love how it follows the light during the day and closes at night.
    b2plplohmpnt.jpg
    ...reminds me I have to write the vendor a great review.

That's amazing. What kind of plant is it?
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    @r3d_butt3rfly_
    I've been waiting to see you around to show you this majesty!
    00ecg8706d9b.jpg
    I put it beside a sheet of paper to try to give reference.
    I adore this plant!

And night time! I love how it follows the light during the day and closes at night.
    b2plplohmpnt.jpg
    ...reminds me I have to write the vendor a great review.

They are beautiful!!!! I love everything about this plant. Thank you for showing me 🤗
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    😂 lol.. oh that's a pretty face, it's the same one I make when I eat brussel sprouts..

Indeed. Fortunately, for every gnarly sprout that should burn in Valhalla today if not sooner, there are melons, the food of the gods & goddesses.

giphy.gif

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Indeed. Fortunately, for every gnarly sprout that should burn in Valhalla today if not sooner, there are melons, the food of the gods & goddesses.

giphy.gif

Yesss, I love melons 🍉
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    pkzxb1hid1vx.jpg

A essential oil of coffee and contentment.

It's a self help book I think.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    pkzxb1hid1vx.jpg

a hand lotion of kolache and displacement
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
  • VeraJMali
    VeraJMali Posts: 32 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I work in the background check industry, specialize in education. With all the schools closed down I have absolutely nothing to do and I’m bored out of my mind. I’ve become addicted to watching tiktok videos at my desk 😂
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    VeraJMali wrote: »
    I work in the background check industry, specialize in education. With all the schools closed down I have absolutely nothing to do and I’m bored out of my mind. I’ve become addicted to watching tiktok videos at my desk 😂

You have to do what you have to do to get by. Far worse ways to spend your time.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options

i have some pending friend requests here. Can you run a background check on them please?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Background Check ?!?!??

giphy.gif
  • VeraJMali
    VeraJMali Posts: 32 Member
    Options

i have some pending friend requests here. Can you run a background check on them please?

Unfortunately no, they’d have to give their consent 😂
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Background Check ?!?!??

giphy.gif

Don’t worry! I don’t do them unless it’s legal and I’m paid for my time lol
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I need to make something for a holiday party on Saturday
    baby Yoda cookies...cut head of angel cookies :https://cdn.apartmenttherapy.info/image/upload/f_auto,q_auto:eco,c_fit,w_1460,h_974/k/Edit/yodacookiesimgur
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    gu6v4cfxjagq.jpg

84s02capn4az.jpg

1vdvx3lkc5j6.jpg

Ouuuuch!!!! 🥺