Do You Suffer From Binge Eating? Join the Group!

Options
2»

Replies

• SoulThriver88
    SoulThriver88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed with binge eating disorder. It is very difficult to lose weight especially with a restricted diet that makes it worse. I have been struggling for a long time with the disorder and my weight. I am glad I found this thread, looking for some support and others that can understand. I am so tired of feeling like I keep failing diet wise. Especially with the food pushers or those that don’t understand and tell me it’s ok to cheat just a little bit. That opens the floodgates and I spiral out of control. The guilt, shame, anxiety and frustration I feel is so overwhelming and no one understands. Well just wanted to reach out and say hi. The struggle is real. Have a great day!

The food pushers wish they could eat what they tell us to eat... it is a form of control...then they end up looking better than us, when they exercised restraint and we did not. 🤔
  • silviamartins
    silviamartins Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’m new... how do you find this group?
  • carolpa1
    carolpa1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Years ago i controlled my weight by binging and purgeing. After I got married i could not purge for fear my husband would find out. So I just binged without purging and gained 80 lbs. After i developed a host of medical problems caused by obesity, inactivity and poor diet i started eating healthy food, only when hungry and stopping when no longer hungry. My weight has gone down and I hope to continue losing.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Self diagnosed here. When you feel like there must be an on-off button somewhere in your brain that gets turned on and you just cannot find it to turn off again. When you hide things, whether it's food you are waiting to eat, or ate all of it and don't want anybody else to know. When you're preparing something to eat but while you're doing that you're eating other stuff too. When you bake a pan of brownies and the whole thing disappears within 24 hours but no one helped you eat it. When you buy ice cream by the 1/2 gallon and have a hard time making it last more than 2 nights just so you can run to the store and get more. But the people see you all the time at that store so you kinda shop around at other stores(there is the hiding thing again).
    When you stuff yourself so badly that you feel physically sick but 30 minutes goes by and there is that thought again 'what is there to eat?'

I'm not sure I know the difference between over-eating and bingeing but the results are the same. :( Added weight, feel @rappy and ashamed, disheartened, out of control, abnormal, craving food to shovel into your mouth whether you're hungry or even like the food or not.
  • MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I really need a group like this, I think. I have a habit of sabotaging myself by withdrawing from support when I’m feeling bingey, but having a group of people who share the same struggle sounds helpful.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

Here is a link to the group: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/726-binge-eating-support-group
  • MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thank you @RelCanonical, I couldn’t find it either. :|
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

Here is a link to the group: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/726-binge-eating-support-group

Thanks for mentioning the group. I should've done that at the beginning of the post. I would love to have you all join the January challenge in the link above. :smiley: