Keto vs Paleo macros

Hi,
I started keto on 12/9, and have lost around 8lbs. I’m happy to be eating this way, but am considering switching to paleo because I have stomach issues with cheese. If you eat paleo, what are your macros? Ideally I’d like to continue to lose weight. Thanks!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    balton9 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I started keto on 12/9, and have lost around 8lbs. I’m happy to be eating this way, but am considering switching to paleo because I have stomach issues with cheese. If you eat paleo, what are your macros? Ideally I’d like to continue to lose weight. Thanks!

Maybe just stop eating cheese. You don't need to eat cheese on keto.

Also, Paleo doesn't really have macros. Its more about eliminating curtain goods that aren't approved
  • HamptonsGuy
    HamptonsGuy Posts: 72 Member
    take lactaid(sp) pills it will coral the gas if that's the bother. Im lactose intolerant so I take those when having some airy products
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    edited December 2019
    Macros are about nutrition, and your nutritional needs generally don't change in any significant way just because you change eating styles/patterns.

Nutrition is important, but it's calories eaten vs. spent that determine weight, especially in the short run. In the long run, truly terrible nutrition could hurt your energy level or body composition, or affect ability to stick with a target calorie level, so indirectly affect weight management.

Just get reasonable, balanced nutrition (macros, micros, fiber); and hit the right calorie level; both of those the overwhelming majority of days; and you'll be fine . . . with any eating pattern you enjoy and choose to follow, whether it has a name or not.

No need to overcomplicate.

Edited: typos
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Macros are about nutrition, and your nutritional needs generally don't change in any significant way just because you change eating styles/patterns.

Nutrition is important, but it's calories eaten vs. spent that determine weight, especially in the short run. In the long run, truly terrible nutrition could hurt your energy level or body composition, or affect ability to stick with a target calorie level, so indirectly affect weight management.

Just get reasonable, balanced nutrition (macros, micros, fiber); and hit the right calorie level; both of those the overwhelming majority of days; and you'll be fine . . . with any eating pattern you enjoy and choose to follow, whether it has a name or not.

No need to overcomplicate.

Edited: typos

Ma'am, you always break things down for me. I am going to hire you for that job!😉
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Hi,

Also, Paleo doesn't really have macros. Its more about eliminating curtain goods that aren't approved

I don't think eating curtains is approved on any diet :D:D

Sorry, as you were.......

LMAO
  • Rennaisance
    Rennaisance Posts: 3 Member
    Are you kidding? That's gotta be great fibre!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Hi,

Skip all of that. W30 FTW!!!

God father? I thought you were a volume man? 🤣