START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 183
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 170
    START PANTS SIZE: 16 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 12/14 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: sticking to 1,400 calories or less per day
    DIET GOALS: eat / drink less sweets
    EXERCISE GOALS: walk 2-3 times per week for 45-60 minutes
    OTHER GOALS: eat healthier and feel better
    FUN FACT: I love scrapbooking pictures of my kiddos!
  • MLStoMLK
    MLStoMLK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey Betsy! Welcome! I like to scrapbook, too! Haven't done it for awhile and way behind, but hope to get back to it again soon!
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    Can anyone tell me when our weigh in day is??? I totally forgot!

EDIT: Nevermind! :laugh:
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon, Fitties! I hope that you are all having great days. :heart:

My week has been a crazy one, since it's back to school for me! I'm full time (12 hours) plus I have a full time (40 hours) job, which makes me a little nutso right now! :laugh:

Here are the most recent 9 QOTD's, for those who want to catch up, plus a new one! And please send me QOTDs that you would like me to ask on here, (PM or just post to my wall), because my brain is running out of QOTD ideas! :tongue:

QOTD #3: What was your "a-ha" moment, meaning was there a specific moment that made you decide that it was time to lose the weight?

QOTD #4: Have you "discovered" any new foods since you started eating healthier? Or realized that you DO like some foods that you used to claim to not like?

QOTD #5: What do you do to keep yourself on track while traveling or on vacation?

QOTD #6: What is your main motivation to get in shape right now?

QOTD #7: Other than working out and losing weight, what have you done to improve your self esteem?

QOTD #8: What's your workout plan this week? List it!

QOTD #9: How do you stay on track with diet and exercise in times of severe stress?

QOTD #10: How are you tracking your food right now? Do you pre-track or track as you go? Do you track everything you eat, or only certain foods? Do you eat your exercise calories or not? I wanna know everything, hahaha.

QOTD #11: Do you drink diet soda and/or other drinks with artificial sweeteners? Why or why not?

QOTD #12: What are your goals (weight, food, exercise, other) for September?

I'll be back later to answer this one myself! :flowerforyou: Have a great day you guys!!!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options

My goals for Sept. are to lose 5 lbs, eat clean without sweets, exercise 6 days of the week, and to work on not weighing myself everyday!
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options

My goal is to exercise and track my food EVERY DAY in September. Then see the results! :) I
  • VeganGal84
    Options

weight- lose 4 pounds
    food- stick to diet plan at least 80% of the time
    exercise- 6 days a week, work on waking up early to get it in!
    other- Try to not let stress win. I'm busy because I WANT to graduate in 3 years, not because someone is forcing me to be busy!
  • aparnapooja
    Options
    Hello friends
    My challenge weight is 60kgs
    I weigh 80kgs now
    Will try my best to loose 2kgs per week
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,972 Member
    Options

Weight - to lose the final 5 lbs.
    Food - to accept that night-time cravings for me, are a reality - and I have to make sure I grab "healthy".
    Exercise - to work-out 5 days a week, and even when away (2 weeks on business) to at least WALK.
    Other - to ENJOY this month - kids are back in school AND I am travelling to GREAT (new) places!
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options

I would like to lose about 10 pounds, keep up with P90x ( on day 3), and to be able to splurge a little now and then and eat something delicious without feeling like a pig.
  • janagardner
    janagardner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Looks like a lot of people entered your challenge! I'm in too!! Do we just check back on this link each day or do I need to look somewhere else? I'm a bit new to my fitness pal.

NAME: Jana
    HEIGHT: 5'4''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 156
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 145
    START PANTS SIZE: 10/12 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 8/9 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Staying within my calorie goal, less carbs.
    DIET GOALS: stay away from junk food and pop
    EXERCISE GOALS: to complete a 5km race in November. So by beginning of October I would like to be at 4.5km
    OTHER GOALS: more firm and toned everywhere
    FUN FACT: Love doing Zumba! So much fun!

QOTD #3: What was your "a-ha" moment, meaning was there a specific moment that made you decide that it was time to lose the weight? Getting tired to play with my kids.

QOTD #4: Have you "discovered" any new foods since you started eating healthier? Or realized that you DO like some foods that you used to claim to not like? Sweet potatoes, zucchini and Avocado. never tried them before. My husband introduced me when we started eating more veggies and overall eating healthier.

QOTD #5: What do you do to keep yourself on track while traveling or on vacation? Still having this problem :(

QOTD #6: What is your main motivation to get in shape right now? Want to feel comfortable with the way I look. I've been trying to loose weight for almost 10 years. I think it's enough of waisting time and actually doing it.

QOTD #7: Other than working out and losing weight, what have you done to improve your self esteem?

QOTD #8: What's your workout plan this week? List it! Run Mon/ Wed/Fri, zumba on tuesdays and then weights twice a week.

QOTD #9: How do you stay on track with diet and exercise in times of severe stress? try to eat fruit or veggies instead.

QOTD #10: How are you tracking your food right now? Do you pre-track or track as you go? Do you track everything you eat, or only certain foods? Do you eat your exercise calories or not? I wanna know everything, hahaha. I do not eat my all but some excercise points. I do write down everything. except for some reason on weekends. Probably be cause that is my problem area.

QOTD #11: Do you drink diet soda and/or other drinks with artificial sweeteners? Why or why not? yes but I am trying to cut back as I find I'm more hungry when I do.

QOTD #12: What are your goals (weight, food, exercise, other) for September? Loose 11 pounds by October 1st. Train to be able to run 5 km by the end of the month. I'm up to 4km.

This is fun! I can't wait to read more :)
  • hanaibo
    Options
    Hi guys! I saw someone mention a weigh-in day...but didn't see anything about it earlier (maybe I'm not looking hard enough). Do we have a weigh in day, and if so, when is it? I have been weighing in for myself every Monday (and sometimes more frequently if I'm curious). Thanks!

QOTD #11: Do you drink diet soda and/or other drinks with artificial sweeteners? Why or why not?

I do, but I have been trying to avoid it lately...I don't feel very well afterwards. I regret "discovering" how much coke zero tastes like the real thing! 0_0 Every once in a while, I let myself have a stevia sweetened soda (like Blue Sky) but overall, I would like to stick to water and tea...and coffeeee
    Reasons that I do: Taste, occasional "sweet" cravings, caffeine!
    Reasons I don't want to: Feeling bloated and headache-y afterwards...chemical additives..etc

I'm getting closer to my goal and my weight loss has slowed down. I think instead of getting frustrated over not losing 1lb a week, I will aim to lose the last 2lbs I need to reach my first GW this month. I am more interested in losing inches on my waist and increasing my endurance! The heat is making outside activity during the day difficult...but I am doing some in the evening. I am also excited to be back in school (in a couple of weeks) to use the free gym, for once. Diet-wise, I would like to save simply carbohydrates from treats and special occasions, and not pig out on white bread/bagels with Earth balance (my weakness!) like I did yesterday. I just end up feeling guilty and sick. Non diet related goal: not let stress from the new school year get the best of me! I quit my part time job to concentrate on my studies, and will be taking more classes than I have before at school...18 units. I have not been handling stress well in the last year, but hope that exercising regularly and being mindful of my behavior will help.
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    As for the weigh-in day, this challenge does not have an official one. Just whenever you weigh-in, feel free to let us know how you did!

I'm not keeping track of this or anything, this challenge is more for support and encouragement than it is about numbers! However, I was thinking that at the end, you could all tell me how you did and I could come up with a total for inches and pounds lost as a group, that would be awesome to see how we collectively did! :happy:

To the new member who asked about where to check in, this is the only link for the challenge so far, so this is where you can come to check in for QOTD's (not posted daily, but I try to do it at least every other day), and to see how your fellow challengers are doing!

Welcome to the challenge, and I hope that you enjoy it. :flowerforyou:
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Goals: Weight- to lose a pound a week
    Food: Moderation
    exercise: 90 min a week
  • Melaniemj
    Melaniemj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    NAME: Mel
    HEIGHT: 5"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 136
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 122
    START PANTS SIZE: 10-12uk
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 8-10uk
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Anything in moderation
    DIET GOALS: To become more aware of and take control of my emotional eating habits
    EXERCISE GOALS: Exercise 5 out of 7 days minimum
  • sp53
    sp53 Posts: 40
    Options
    During September I want to work on finding a better body image, a better attitude towards my self. I have been focused on my weight since Jr. High and now I'm close to 60--enough already! I wonder what creative, life-affirming things I could find to think about if I didn't have to focus on weight. Have been reading about the harm we do to our metabolisms by repeated yo-yo dieting, and I intend to stop the insanity.

This doesn't mean I will stop working out or start eating crappy food! I just want to eat well and keep my body strong because it feels good to do that. I love pretty clothes, love looking nice in them, love feeling strong and healthy.

I would like to be a role model for younger women, not someone who is completely absorbed with and neurotic about her weight.
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options

I want to lose something! Anything! I've only lost 2 lbs this entire summer, so I'm aiming for something.
    I'm going to postpone my P90X for two weeks because I'm running a 5K on 9/17 and I want to decrease my last time (41:38) by at least a few minutes. Fingers crossed for thirties! And plenty of water everyday :)
  • jschm947
    jschm947 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I didnt want a challenge until Christmas...it feels too far away. I just completed a "challenge" and didnt meet my goal so hopefully I can this time :)

NAME: Jacque
    HEIGHT: 5'7''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 181
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 175
    START PANTS SIZE: 14
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 8
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Counting Calories
    DIET GOALS: Stay within my calories
    EXERCISE GOALS: Two times per week
    OTHER GOALS: Eat more veggies
    FUN FACT: 2 baby girls that I adore! 2 yrs and 5 months. :)
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options

I mainly drink water, more now than ever. Soda very rarely and when I do it's usually Sprite. I kinda quit soda drinking when I was pregnant with my first child. Only other drinks include juices occasionally and lots of tea in the winter.

I would like to lose 5 lbs in September, I'm already close to my original goal set at the beginnig of this challenge. Just started 30DS a couple of days ago. So hoping to see a huge improvement in my legs an stomach area. Joined another challenge to burn 500 calories a day...so far so good.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,972 Member
    Options
    I can't work-out, today - went for a muscle massage (on my sore shoulder!) and a chiro appointment (neck and lower back). So, I will REALLY have to watch my diet!

On the good news front, from Sun - Thurs of this week (yep, 5 days-in-a-row), I walked 5 km EACH AND EVERY DAY.