What *ACTUALLY* boosts metabolism

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    One thing that can influence metabolism is thyroid problems. Particularly if you are a woman of a certain age, when thyroid issues often appear for the first time, get your thyroid checked and if there is a problem, get on the right medication. The difference isn’t huge compared to the effect of diet, but for me, having my thyroid within range made everything - not just weight loss but also exercise and daily living - much easier.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I happen to know things. They can disagree all they want. I dislike ginger.

• candylilacs
    Options
    The OP poster said:
    Now the losing weight process is getting harder and I’m wondering what actually boosts your metabolism?
    And I quoted her necessary "boosts" in metabolism. I couldn't give it an actual number, scientists don't know for sure, but I know for sure it helps. Spicy food generally helps.

I dislike ginger (if you read above) and I'm so-so on tumeric. I love chai tea latte (with whole milk) and I have been known to drink cinnamon tea. Variety is the spice of life!
    Nah. It's meaningless.

No, it's not. It's meaningful for the OP and it's all those posing questions about giving a boost to her/his metabolism.
  • candylilacs
    Options
    Why are you trying to convey "Tiny numbers"? Is it the hill you want to die on?
    Tiny numbers. At best. Not worth the time and energy to research, buy, consume, unless they're foods you want to eat in quantities you want to eat anyway.

The overwhelming majority can see on this board is this "Sure, AnnPT, while she's quite oblivious and she's wrong anyway, and you're right! N.E.A.T. variations and normal RMR/BMR! You're a cute grandma!" You're the in-crowd, and mine is the out-crowd.

I'm not in favor of food scales, BMR/RMR/NEAT (I don't know what's that means), but I do know that the body is taking too much of your time.