New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    25oyz0anay1s.jpg

I'm always baffled by how marketers choose to target advertising to certain groups. What makes these for "kidz" other than the cartoon characters on the cans? Anyway, the flavors sound yummy, and I'd give them a try if I cared for stevia at all.

I'm with you I cannot stand the taste of Zevia sodas🤮

Yeah, I'm really tolerant of the taste of all kinds of non-sugar sweeteners, but I can't choke Zevia sodas down.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    25oyz0anay1s.jpg

I'm always baffled by how marketers choose to target advertising to certain groups. What makes these for "kidz" other than the cartoon characters on the cans? Anyway, the flavors sound yummy, and I'd give them a try if I cared for stevia at all.

Yeah, I'm really tolerant of the taste of all kinds of non-sugar sweeteners, but I can't choke Zevia sodas down.

I haven't tried stevia but I got some of that Sparkling Ice stuff from Sparklett's which has sucralose and it's leaving the same kind of after taste the danon 80 calorie yogurts leave which makes me sad. Cuz I really liked those 80 calories yogurts.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    25oyz0anay1s.jpg

I haven't tried stevia but I got some of that Sparkling Ice stuff from Sparklett's which has sucralose and it's leaving the same kind of after taste the danon 80 calorie yogurts leave which makes me sad. Cuz I really liked those 80 calories yogurts.

I think I'm the rare person who actually prefers sweeteners to sugar but I grew up on diet soda. Love Zevia ginger ale! I can't stand 2 Good yogurt or Enlightened marshmallow sweetener though.
  • glassyo
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    25oyz0anay1s.jpg

I think I'm the rare person who actually prefers sweeteners to sugar but I grew up on diet soda. Love Zevia ginger ale! I can't stand 2 Good yogurt or Enlightened marshmallow sweetener though.

Me too on growing up with diet soda. The only leaded soda I would drink used to be orange crush but I haven't had that in ages.

I like anything sweet so splenda has been a god send. And apparently that's sucralose so not sure why that works for me but the drink and yogurt don't.

Also, I got my order of the kids built bars. I haven't tried one yet but they...are...small. 36 grams and about 3.5 inches by 1.25 inch. And it came with a free sample of all the built boost flavors.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    25oyz0anay1s.jpg

I am the same way! I LOVE the taste of stevia and all artificial sweeteners (except equal). I prefer stevia to sucralose. That is one reason I was so upset when Quest started using sucralose in most of their bars. I preferred when they used stevia only back in the day. (Gosh I miss those original quest bars! The whey:milk ratio, vitafiber, stevia, and texture was just perfect, they are just completely different bars now.)

I think Zevia is awesome. I love the ginger, root beer and black cherry ones.
    25oyz0anay1s.jpg

Me too on growing up with diet soda. The only leaded soda I would drink used to be orange crush but I haven't had that in ages.

I like anything sweet so splenda has been a god send. And apparently that's sucralose so not sure why that works for me but the drink and yogurt don't.

Also, I got my order of the kids built bars. I haven't tried one yet but they...are...small. 36 grams and about 3.5 inches by 1.25 inch. And it came with a free sample of all the built boost flavors.

Mine didn't come yet because the mail is moving at a snails pace around here with all the holiday delays. It has been in one place for the past 3 days with no movement, ugh. You'll have to let us know how they are when you try them!
  • ThinnerLiz
    ThinnerLiz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    All Hail the Zero Carb/Zero Calorie MONKFRUIT EXTRACT!!!
    I get the stuff that's 100% pure, from Amazon. It's expensive, but a bottle lasts ages. Sometimes I just need a little sweetness in my coffee, and it does the trick without giving me that insulin spike. (I get reactive hypoglycemia.) You only need a few drops and a bottle easily lasts me an entire month.
    7d821sw14a9b.png
  • glassyo
    Options
    25oyz0anay1s.jpg

I am the same way! I LOVE the taste of stevia and all artificial sweeteners (except equal). I prefer stevia to sucralose. That is one reason I was so upset when Quest started using sucralose in most of their bars. I preferred when they used stevia only back in the day. (Gosh I miss those original quest bars! The whey:milk ratio, vitafiber, stevia, and texture was just perfect, they are just completely different bars now.)

I think Zevia is awesome. I love the ginger, root beer and black cherry ones.
    25oyz0anay1s.jpg

Mine didn't come yet because the mail is moving at a snails pace around here with all the holiday delays. It has been in one place for the past 3 days with no movement, ugh. You'll have to let us know how they are when you try them!

I just tried the froot loops flavor because that's the kidsiest of the kids flavor. :)

First of all, DID I MENTION THEY'RE SMALL???

*shakes it off*

Ok! So really first of all, I need the bigger bars covered in milk chocolate. Sometimes the dark chocolate is too bitter but they really did the milk chocolate right.That's some high quality Sees candy chocolate right there (yeahhhhhh, the Sees have started coming into the office).

You can definitely taste the froot loopiness but I think I've figured out you get the bar flavor mostly with the first and last bites.

And it's sooooooooooooo soft.

And gone soooooooooo fast. :smiley:

It was good! I can't see it filling anyone up tho. But the macros are pretty awesome for such a...er...*sigh*... small thing.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    This was a cheap mix I bought for a party and it was DELICIOUS! so much that I had to write about it here lol. Perfect ratio of all the flavors and I was pleasantly surprised with the fact it wasn’t overloaded with pretzels.

Perfect sweet and salty combo with the smoked almonds spicy peanuts honey peanuts toffee peanuts etc.

It was gone in a few hours. uz3jxr7cq30r.jpeg
    p5gavs8k6b8x.jpeg
    4c006s2ndkqf.jpeg
    apgbtc8hpi14.jpeg

This was a Betty Crocker just add water blueberry muffin mix. One portion I baked in a cup the other day. It was great for individual serving and hit the spot. I topped it with butter and sugar free syrup. I would buy again because it was delicious and easy to make in the oven.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Got these in my stocking and they confused me because they looked chocolate and ginger but the box says ginger maple. I was expecting chocolate gingerbread lol. I guess the black cookie is gingerbread. 65 calories per cookie and smaller than an Oreo. 7/10 they were good but the ginger flavor a bit strong for my liking. I couldn’t really taste any maple. 42q4gyj0tixt.jpeg
    fhnljqkm0gba.jpeg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    As much as I love Enlightened ice cream, I love my non-dairy pints more. One of my all-time favorites I'd eat before counting calories is So Delicious cashew ice cream. Damn, I miss that stuff, but the calories are way too high and I can't limit myself to one serving lol. I recently discovered Nada Moo ice cream, which is damn tasty and a little more manageable in calories (540 a pint). My favorite so far is the Banana Caramel Crunch, but I haven't been disappointed in any of the flavors. My goal is to try them all!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Wish I could find these! yut5b9gqk197.png
    Says they found them at Marshalls....might have to go checkout the christmas sales today!
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    As much as I love Enlightened ice cream, I love my non-dairy pints more. One of my all-time favorites I'd eat before counting calories is So Delicious cashew ice cream. Damn, I miss that stuff, but the calories are way too high and I can't limit myself to one serving lol. I recently discovered Nada Moo ice cream, which is damn tasty and a little more manageable in calories (540 a pint). My favorite so far is the Banana Caramel Crunch, but I haven't been disappointed in any of the flavors. My goal is to try them all!

Have you tried Simple Truth Low Cow from Kroger? It's my absolute favorite and only 240-280 calories for the pint. I stock up (my freezers look like their storage freezers, lol) and eat a pint every night. Yum!
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    More yogurt companies coming out with yogurts with almond butter. These are both a lot more caloric than Chobani though.

jbnpafqq1bbn.jpg
    nmcexibq13a4.jpg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options

Have you tried Simple Truth Low Cow from Kroger? It's my absolute favorite and only 240-280 calories for the pint. I stock up (my freezers look like their storage freezers, lol) and eat a pint every night. Yum!

I haven't, and I don't have a Kroger in my state :( Bummer!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    This was a cheap mix I bought for a party and it was DELICIOUS! so much that I had to write about it here lol. Perfect ratio of all the flavors and I was pleasantly surprised with the fact it wasn’t overloaded with pretzels.

Perfect sweet and salty combo with the smoked almonds spicy peanuts honey peanuts toffee peanuts etc.

It was gone in a few hours. uz3jxr7cq30r.jpeg
    p5gavs8k6b8x.jpeg
    4c006s2ndkqf.jpeg
    apgbtc8hpi14.jpeg

This was a Betty Crocker just add water blueberry muffin mix. One portion I baked in a cup the other day. It was great for individual serving and hit the spot. I topped it with butter and sugar free syrup. I would buy again because it was delicious and easy to make in the oven.

Your pics Noreen sure look enticing! This all looks very yummy😋
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options

How about a Food Lion, Harris Teeter, or Fred Meyer? They're owned by Kroger and carry the Simple Truth brand.
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

How about a Food Lion, Harris Teeter, or Fred Meyer? They're owned by Kroger and carry the Simple Truth brand.

Harris Teeter in my area just discontinued all the Low Cow Ice Creams, except Vanilla (and I'm not sure they're keeping it!). I'm so sad :( Emailed to complain, and got the standard, 'we'll forward this to our team' response.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    We have a food Lion in our city and they don't have the Simple Truth brand of low calorie ice cream- sigh