January 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Thank you @PastorVincent! Also love your acrobatic squirrel photo.

Big welcome to the new people joining us!!! Please feel comfortable to jump right in and share, no matter your level or goals. If you run at all, whether slow as a sloth or fast as a cheetah, even if not currently running due to injury, etc, you're a runner and you are among friends!

Still working on my goals but I thought I'd share this - someone in my run group shared it on facebook so all I have is this jpeg but it might be a fun way to track running/workout days throughout the year. I wish it could be colored in digitally though.

img]

If the JPEG can be shared through google docs or the like, maybe even screenshot . It can be downloaded to paint or GoodNotes and colored in. Also just a printed version would work. Is the idea to color the days that you ran? That’s kind of a need motivator, would even work for did I eat right today goals or any other daily goal. One could get neurotic and color code the run distances.
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Still working on my goals but I thought I'd share this - someone in my run group shared it on facebook so all I have is this jpeg but it might be a fun way to track running/workout days throughout the year. I wish it could be colored in digitally though.

rtd5uv43xpx9.jpg

Love it! Totally gonna use it as a tool of fitness inspiration - thanks for sharing 🤗
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member

Big welcome to the new people joining us!!! Please feel comfortable to jump right in and share, no matter your level or goals. If you run at all, whether slow as a sloth or fast as a cheetah, even if not currently running due to injury, etc, you're a runner and you are among friends!

rtd5uv43xpx9.jpg

Stealing this (I’ll draw in an exclamation mark for Feb 29 @avidkeo)

Much better than my thought which was to just do a line below the 28 and split it into 2
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Here are the teams If you are in the fence about joint joining a RTY team for a minimum of 25USD through RTE.
    Anyone?

🤗yes! I would like to join a team but need 24hrs to seriously think through my distance goals before getting tagged to a team 👍
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,382 Member

img]

If the JPEG can be shared through google docs or the like, maybe even screenshot . It can be downloaded to paint or GoodNotes and colored in. Also just a printed version would work. Is the idea to color the days that you ran? That’s kind of a need motivator, would even work for did I eat right today goals or any other daily goal. One could get neurotic and color code the run distances.

I already saved and printed it. If you joined the RTY there is a similar coloring chart in the swag for miles run leading to 500, 1000, 1500 and 2020 miles. I got a beautiful set of colored pencils for my birthday from dd so now I know what I will be using them on!
  • shanaber
    Aquarian wrote: »
    I am shyly joining in, considering I am not a runner yet and I am recovering from a right foot fracture. But I will try to walk/ treadmill and jog/run as much as possible.

My small goal is 100 kms in Jan. let’s see how that goes first.

@Aquarian - Welcome! I was recovering from a stress fracture in my right foot this time last year. Make sure you are cleared to run by your doctor and then go easy and build up distances slowly. Maybe even consider something like C25K or walk/run intervals to get going.
  • shanaber
    @SammyDee2015 - you can find our RTY group here
    Please post your RTY name in that group so we can follow you. I am thinking you will likely be on the 2020 R.I.O.T. (running is our therapy) team
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    shanaber wrote: »

img]

I already saved and printed it. If you joined the RTY there is a similar coloring chart in the swag for miles run leading to 500, 1000, 1500 and 2020 miles. I got a beautiful set of colored pencils for my birthday from dd so now I know what I will be using them on!

I have some I got from a facebook group that are running shoes, off the top of my head I remember there being a 100 (mile or kilometre), 500, 1000 and one with 12 shoes, one for each month with (I think) 100 spaces to colour in each. I printed out the 1000 kilometre one, took me just over 13 months to complete (thanks stupid leg injury) and I also printed out a 100 per month one and went totally OCD with the colour coding on that one, but I ripped it up in frustration when the stupid injury stopped me from completing December, d'oh!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Happy new year!

I did nothing for NY eve. I really couldn't care less. Was asleep by 9pm.

Trying to decide what I do for a run today. I really should just do an easy 2k since I did the 6k yesterday instead of taking it easy, but training plan falls for 5k at race pace... It does have a 2.4k warm up at easy pace so may go out, start said plan and see how the legs feel after the warm up.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    @7lenny7 Welcome back! Missed you around here. You did accomplish quite a bit. Between you and @katharmonic and @AlphaHowls and @PastorVincent and the rest of the crew here, fabulous running!

My goals are simple: maintain current weight, run few races, including 1 or 2 HM, stay healthy and injury free.
    I’d like to set some more PR, but those are bonus goals.
    So for Jan 100 again. Doing Run the year with others from here so hope to make that as well!