What small changes made a BIG difference?

Options

Replies

• etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Keeping low calorie snacks around helps me tremendously.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    More fiber! Helps me actually stay full til dinner, and side benefit of better gut health. And pre-logging also made logging WAY easier to keep up.
  • westie9915
    westie9915 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Considering what I actually want to eat first and foremost before calories, nutrition, or anything else. After a short while of thinking I only want to eat low nutrient high calorie foods, food just became food and calories became a non-issue. Nutrition followed because I enjoy nutritious foods and I was just rebelling against dieting.

If I want to eat something that is easy to fit in, great, if I want something higher in calories, I try work my calories around it. Sometimes I discover I don't really want the high calorie item as much as I thought because working around it is less appealing, and I just have something else I want. Other times it really is what I want, and I enjoy it within calories. Shifting focus from "have to" to "want and enjoy" mage a big difference for diet sustainability.

this is a great idea. THANK YOU!
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I stopped leaving such a big gap between meals. I fell into the whole IF and insulin trap where I thought it would benefit my pcos to just eat 2 times a day so I would avoid ‘insulin spikes’. Bad idea. Especially for premenopausal women (I’m 26 and I want to have kids!) because our bodies are more sensitive to hunger signals. So now I make sure to eat every 3-4 hours and balance my meals out. No more saving calories for dinner or that kinda stuff. I feel much better now that I’m not spacing my meals out so much. Still eating the same calories and hunger has gone! I still IF but only for 12-14 hours a few times a week. I think it’s called cresendo fasting.
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    I stopped leaving such a big gap between meals. I fell into the whole IF and insulin trap where I thought it would benefit my pcos to just eat 2 times a day so I would avoid ‘insulin spikes’. Bad idea. Especially for premenopausal women (I’m 26 and I want to have kids!) because our bodies are more sensitive to hunger signals. So now I make sure to eat every 3-4 hours and balance my meals out. No more saving calories for dinner or that kinda stuff. I feel much better now that I’m not spacing my meals out so much. Still eating the same calories and hunger has gone! I still IF but only for 12-14 hours a few times a week. I think it’s called cresendo fasting.

I agree! I tried skipping breakfast early in my weight loss journey and was always starving by lunch and would overeat a lot more easily. Now, I have three meals and at least two snacks. IF is just a fad, I find it does not work for me and many others.
  • Motherofship
    Motherofship Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Planning food the day before or prepping for the week if I have time. If I already have my day laid out it's infinitely easier to follow because I feel like I'm breaking the law I've set for myself if I don't.

This is true of life activities in general. I've written everything in a planner for 2 or so years now, and it's made me so much more conscious of how to manage my time well and productively. As an example, I started recording how much time I spent on TV, laptop, phone etc. That made me realize how much time was being wasted and I ended up replacing it with more exercise and outdoor activity.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    More water about 1 gallon a day helps, plus I work out what I used to eat and reduce it, say use to have 200g of potatoes now I have 170g. Do this for all of your food and it makes a huge difference.
  • timleederrn
    timleederrn Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Realistic goal setting and positive self talk. I also record calories.
    Not taking myself too seriously.
    Sorry hope that helps
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Resolutioner bump. Happy New Year everybody!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Cutting out sodas....simply because I couldn't moderate them. I'd go through a six pack of MTN Dew in a day and the calories would add up. Replaced that with water and caffeine pills.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Planning meals in advance, making a shopping list, eating something filling before shopping, and sticking to that list.