Replies

• AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Nothing wrong in being single.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    AriesFL wrote: »

For sure. There are times when it is much better. But then there are other times too
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member

For sure. There are times when it is much better. But then there are other times too

True. I like being alone, a lot. It's also far better than being with an unsuitable partner.

But, I'm also tired of being alone & simultaneously too tired to do anything about it.

Just moved, so once settled... I'll be in a more sociable frame of mind.
  • AriesFL
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

True. I like being alone, a lot. It's also far better than being with an unsuitable partner.

But, I'm also tired of being alone & simultaneously too tired to do anything about it.

Just moved, so once settled... I'll be in a more sociable frame of mind.

I just moved too. I’m naturally an extrovert so I always find something to do. It’s ok to be single. I’m using it as an opportunity to meet more people and learn the area. I have been using dating apps which help.
  • TarryTaffy
    I just moved too. I’m naturally an extrovert so I always find something to do. It’s ok to be single. I’m using it as an opportunity to meet more people and learn the area. I have been using dating apps which help.

I'm an introvert, so just go about doing things on my own. Glad dating apps are working for you... with those I know, I've never heard any encouraging stories, so it's nice to hear an alternative story. Still, I'd rather meet people face to face... too much can be hidden/misrepresented online. It's easier to spot flashing red lights in person.
  • AriesFL
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

I'm an introvert, so just go about doing things on my own. Glad dating apps are working for you... with those I know, I've never heard any encouraging stories, so it's nice to hear an alternative story. Still, I'd rather meet people face to face... too much can be hidden/misrepresented online. It's easier to spot flashing red lights in person.

That is true, but I usually end up meeting then in person. Dating apps are a lot harder for women. All the creepy guys come out.
  • AriesFL
    Idk. Someone can disagree, but I have heard and seen some real horror stories. The amount of guys that swarm women on those apps is insane, and get asked for sexual stuff non stop. If it was public, it would be assault and harassment.
  • TarryTaffy
    edited December 2019
    Idk. Someone can disagree, but I have heard and seen some real horror stories. The amount of guys that swarm women on those apps is insane, and get asked for sexual stuff non stop. If it was public, it would be assault and harassment.

I've heard all kinds of stories, from men, too. In those cases, it's normally a man contacting them, pretending to be a woman & posting pics of their sister, friend or perhaps some half dressed vixen they found online. After many failed attempts at meeting, when they feel their "target" giving up, they finally reveal their sex. I don't know what they're thinking... has that every been successful?

I agree with all you've said... with women the biggest complaint I've heard is men describing themselves as if they're James Bond & they're really a multi-divorced (or married) couch potato with a miserable life. With men, if the women are deceitful, it's normally that they're more than a tad crazy, yet seem to talk about everyone else in their life being so. And, I've heard from both sides of people not posting accurate pics are a huge issue, as well... they're from 20-yrs before or don't look like them at all... maybe a young relative they think they once looked like? Strange thing is, if I were going to post pics, I'd post at least 1 unfavorable one, cuz then they've seen me at my worst.

I'm sure there are good stories, too. I've read about them (unsure if they're true), but haven't heard any from friends.
  • TarryTaffy wrote: »

I've heard all kinds of stories, from men, too. In those cases, it's normally a man contacting them, pretending to be a woman & posting pics of their sister, friend or perhaps some half dressed vixen they found online. After many failed attempts at meeting, when they feel their "target" giving up, they finally reveal their sex. I don't know what they're thinking... has that every been successful?

I agree with all you've said... with women the biggest complaint I've heard is men describing themselves as if they're James Bond & they're really a multi-divorced (or married) couch potato with a miserable life. With men, if the women are deceitful, it's normally that they're more than a tad crazy, yet seem to talk about everyone else in their life being so. And, I've heard from both sides of people not posting accurate pics are a huge issue, as well... they're from 20-yrs before or don't look like them at all... maybe a young relative they think they once looked like? Strange thing is, if I were going to post pics, I'd post at least 1 unfavorable one, cuz then they've seen me at my worst.

I'm sure there are good stories, too. I've read about them (unsure if they're true), but haven't heard any from friends.

Haven't had much luck with dating apps myself. Best for me is meeting someone in person. Either as a recommendation from a friend, or having met them at a social event at a friend's house. Turned into long term relationships.

There are success stories of people on dating apps. Very good friend of mine met his wife on Match, they just celebrated their 12th anniversary. Another friend met his wife on something similar, and they've been together well over 15 now.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Happy new year singles! Here's to a productive year. 🍾🥂🍾🥂
    My motto for 2020 is...

2exvy3s42ruh.jpeg
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Happy new years all!

In regards to moving, I read an article about places that will pay people to move there. I was thinking about just moving out there, w/out a job lined up. But am kinda hesitant about doing that. Anyone ever done something like that?
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Happy new years all!

In regards to moving, I read an article about places that will pay people to move there. I was thinking about just moving out there, w/out a job lined up. But am kinda hesitant about doing that. Anyone ever done something like that?

Unless you have a large safety net stashed away, I'd really avoid moving without having a job lined up. Heck, I won't even leave a job unless I have another lined up without moving. Before leaping, look into the job market there. Also, cost of living, and salaries. It may not be that great of a move, and why they are looking to pay you to move there.

Regardless of job or no, always look into the fine print of being paid to move or stay somewhere. Usually, there's time requirements to stay there. Otherwise, you typicall will have to pay it back on a prorated basis.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Happy new years all!

Unless you have a large safety net stashed away, I'd really avoid moving without having a job lined up. Heck, I won't even leave a job unless I have another lined up without moving. Before leaping, look into the job market there. Also, cost of living, and salaries. It may not be that great of a move, and why they are looking to pay you to move there.

Regardless of job or no, always look into the fine print of being paid to move or stay somewhere. Usually, there's time requirements to stay there. Otherwise, you typicall will have to pay it back on a prorated basis.

Oh yea, for sure. Rent, electricity, water, Internet, Food, Car insurance, and your current bills ofc. Then see how long you can live on your own, like that. Sadly, nobody's replying back to my applications off Indeed. :-/

And yea, the article does say they only pay after you've been there a year.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Wow. Page 6!?!

Wassup singles?
  • michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    Me nothing sitting and doing nothing took my youngest to her first day as school today
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    I dont trust this page. Y'all probably married. Is this MFP single or real real single?
  • michaelroode
    yes I'm happily Divorced, but not happily alone
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    LiftNRiot wrote: »
    I dont trust this page. Y'all probably married. Is this MFP single or real real single?

I am single, offline & online.
  • michaelroode

I like that can I use it one day
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member

I like that can I use it one day

Sure, I state it like that because I consider both to be: real life!