Vegans, what did you eat today?

Replies

• georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Today so far!!
    Post weights smoothie;
    banana, mixed berries, soy milk, ground flax, hemp seeds

Lunch;
    Linda McCartney “fish cake”, orzo, rocket, tenderstem broccoli and a touch of vegan mayo.

Orzo; half an onion and garlic clove fried in water (I only use oil for roasting as I have a good pan), when soft add some finely diced mushroom. When that’s cooked add one serving of orzo (80g), then some veggie broth and a bit of alpro soya cream. Lid on and cook until soft (I kept adding water if it was boiling away too much). Added nutritional yeast and some vegan cashew cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper and done:)

Snack; probably will be 2 meat free burger patties (the ones I have are super low calorie and high protein) and an alpro yoghurt

Dinner; not sure yet maybe homemade ramen! And probably some chocolate to snack

vd6efxy1qkqz.jpeg

fa35kzwog3hb.jpeg
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Sadly I've had little food today because of the flu. I've managed to eat one banana and two air fried hash browns with ketchup. I'm starving but everything sounds so gross - except for junk food of course. I'm gonna try to get the energy to make sesame tofu and broccoli over rice or noodles.
  • Jackieeewhiteee
    Jackieeewhiteee Posts: 1 Member
    I’ve been using forks over knives recipes recently! I attached one of my favorite lunch recipes, the green goddess bowl! It’s filling and really flavorful!
  • lalalacroix
    Last night for New Year's Eve I made vegan nachos. They were so good.

Today I am making a vegan lasagna with lots of veggies and a tofu-cashew ricotta. I haven't had a lasagna in close to a year so I'm super excited.
  • lalalacroix
    I would like to recommend to anyone who is Vegan or plant-based to join the Happy Herbivores group on MFP.
  • Iyamluke
    Iyamluke Posts: 1 Member
    So far, a beyond sausage English muffin, hummus veggie wrap, mixed nuts, and banana
  • Mexican Quinoa Black Bean Stuffed peppersk452hwcsb10f.jpg
  • georgieamber2
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Last night for New Year's Eve I made vegan nachos. They were so good.

Today I am making a vegan lasagna with lots of veggies and a tofu-cashew ricotta. I haven't had a lasagna in close to a year so I'm super excited.

You still are not having lasagna :)
    Enjoy :)

Don’t even hahaha! She’s having a tomato based, faux meat / lentil / mushroom sauce, with béchamel sauce made from probably plant-based butter or olive oil, and plant-milk, layered between lasagne sheets with plant-based cheese between each layer!!
    Or is vegan lasagne just easier to say?
  • lalalacroix
    Mexican Quinoa Black Bean Stuffed peppersk452hwcsb10f.jpg

That looks super delicious! Where can I get the recipe?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,242 Member
    I will be upfront and say I am not vegan. I have many food restrictions due to medical reasons and allergies, so a vegan or even vegetarian lifestyle does not work well for me (I have tried). That said, I love reading threads like this and watching vegan/vegetarian YouTubers for great ideas on how to increase the amount of produce I eat and for recipes. I try not to eat a ton of meat (for a stirfry I will use half the meat normally called for and double the veg) and I do make vegan/vegetarian meals often (LOVE an easy veggie pasta with roasted garlic hummus as the sauce).

So I hope you all don't mind me hanging around for ideas and tricks!
  • jbeck0433
    jbeck0433 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm here because I thought about going vegan and I was just looking at a few options of creative foods. You guys have some awesome suggestions and I might be making my decision very soon. I think I may be trying to go vegan just to wear this shirt lol. Nonetheless I'm really down I have a lot of underlying issues that I think going vegan can help.
  • windra06
    windra06 Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2020
    Normally i'd be fasting but i have a bad cold so today so banana bread for breakfast.

For lunch leftovers from New years day dinner:
    Home made Mushroom & walnut Pate on some fancy toast with Tabbouleh salad, baby potatoes & artichokes.
    Dinner will be:
    Black bean Fajitas with peppers,onion,mushroom plus some spicy cauliflower and mashed sweet potato.
  • IJP2019
    IJP2019 Posts: 34 Member
    Here’s a falafel recipe I just made this morning, I added brocoli to mine as well and and not use any oil or flour. To not use flour, I just didn’t add the vegetable broth, so the mixture was already dry....however I did add some panko to the mixture to make it easier to roll into balls. They taste great!

I also made some without them rolled in panko amd like them much better!

https://fabsgoodfood.com/recipe/crispy-vegan-falafels-with-tempeh-walnuts/
  • just_Tomek wrote: »
    Mexican Quinoa Black Bean Stuffed peppersk452hwcsb10f.jpg

The VERY first pop up from google search.
    https://minimalistbaker.com/spanish-quinoa-stuffed-peppers/

Actually the recipe I used is from The Garden Grazer blog https://www.thegardengrazer.com/2015/10/mexica non-quinoa-stuffed-peppers.html
  • Mexican Quinoa Black Bean Stuffed peppersk452hwcsb10f.jpg

Actually the recipe I used is this one. https://www.thegardengrazer.com/2015/10/mexicanon-quinoa-stuffed-peppers.html
  • georgieamber2
    Athijade wrote: »
    I will be upfront and say I am not vegan. I have many food restrictions due to medical reasons and allergies, so a vegan or even vegetarian lifestyle does not work well for me (I have tried). That said, I love reading threads like this and watching vegan/vegetarian YouTubers for great ideas on how to increase the amount of produce I eat and for recipes. I try not to eat a ton of meat (for a stirfry I will use half the meat normally called for and double the veg) and I do make vegan/vegetarian meals often (LOVE an easy veggie pasta with roasted garlic hummus as the sauce).

So I hope you all don't mind me hanging around for ideas and tricks!

I hope you find some suitable recipes for you!!❤️
  • ds87bf1wg3t6.jpg
    Israeli Salad
    Here is the pin https://pin.it/cmbakap5mca6m4
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    The Israeli salad looks so beautifully delicious!!!

I also want to try making Lebanese fatoush. A friend brought it to a BBQ and I fell in love with it.

https://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/recipes/fast-recipes/fattoush-9484

FF-fattoush-628.jpg?width=922&height=768&mode=crop&anchor=topcenter&quality=75

My friend used her Mum's recipe, but that looks similar, except my friend's salad was in smaller pieces like yours (except for the fried lebanese bread pieces which were larger like in the pic).

I'm sure I'd do the same with the Israeli salad.