Goals for 2020?

Options
Let's do our usual goals round-up. Let's really commit this time- no excuses!

My goal is to join the 1000 lb club at age 51. I've been attempting this since 2016 however minor injuries (and distractions) keep putting me off. I'm recommitting again.... My left shoulder is 100%. My left glute (illiac crest) pain still occurs, but feels better than it did.

If my calculated 1 rep maxes are close I'll need to add 20, 43, and 60 lbs to my bench, squat, and deadlift, respectively. This amounts to only adding a few pounds per month. I'll need to actually train my 1 rep max which I've never actually done. My calculated 1RM's are from 5 rep sets (Barbell Medicine's "The Bridge" RPE tool).

Belt/chalk/knee sleeves only. Video proof required to assure squat depth, deadlift lockout, and 1 second pause at bottom during bench (no bounce).

This seems like a cake walk. If it's so easy why has it taken me this long? Sure I'm an overworked, tall, lanky old fella (that barely fits in his two workouts per week) but I'm gonna do this once and for all!!

Best wishes to all of you in the new year.

Replies

• jesslifts
    jesslifts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! Add pull ups to mine too :-) I can literally do two in a row and that’s me done. I’d love to be able to do 10.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I've got around 9 lbs to go to reach my ultimate goal of losing 100 lbs...then I will decide if I want to lose a little more or start maintenance. The other goal is just to keep getting stronger with weight training.
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    As a competitive female bodybuilder, my goal is 200lbs by February 1. I want to have a steady hold there for three days & continued upper movement until I start cutting for contest on Feb 15. I hit 195.1 this morning - so we’re trending positive.

I want strong lifts into my cut and a top placing in my summer show with the hopes of hitting a second show in July. :smile:
  • PorfforBat
    PorfforBat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm coming back to weights. Just set up my own home olympic set. So recomp to lose fat and build up my strength. I do karate so have a level of strength but not where I was.
    PB of 50, 80 and 110 kg bench, squat and deadlift.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    400 lb deadlift. Didn't make it last year, dangit!!!

I'd love a 300 lb squat and a 200 lb bench, too. But those are a bigger stretch.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Kait_Dee wrote: »
    As a competitive female bodybuilder, my goal is 200lbs by February 1. I want to have a steady hold there for three days & continued upper movement until I start cutting for contest on Feb 15. I hit 195.1 this morning - so we’re trending positive.

I want strong lifts into my cut and a top placing in my summer show with the hopes of hitting a second show in July. :smile:

Can I ask your height and what weight you complete at
  • Shawnbb72
    Shawnbb72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Rehab my knee so that I can run and do a proper lower body workout. Be consistent with my nutrition. Have a cheat day maybe once a month instead of once every 2-3 days. Lose 5-10 lbs of fat
    Gain 10+ pounds of muscle
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Start working out again. 40 hit hard and I gave up last year. Need to find that motivation again and get back at it.
  • cherrylou123
    cherrylou123 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    -Go back to exercising in the morning after waking up to build more muscles and to lose more fats
    -to buy cute dresses and sexy outfits (smaller than what I have now) to inspire fitness
    -to have a normal BMI (still overweight)
    -to keep myself even more active
    -to be better than i was last 2019
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Ultimately I'm looking to increase my ffmi...
    I'd like to reach 22-23... Right now I'm sitting around 21.5 ish...

Which means gain about 10lbs while keeping my bf the same... It's just going to be a matter of steering the helm back and forth...

I've got nothing but time so we'll see how it goes...

Just simply going to not try so hard to lose the weight I typically gain over the weekend, and focus on legs, and increasing intensity
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Bulk up about 20 more pounds. 3 plate bench for reps. 35 dead hangs in a single set and end the year no more than 15% bf... this is my sweet spot - I still have abs but I look like I lift in clothes. ;)
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Kait_Dee wrote: »

Can I ask your height and what weight you complete at

She must have put on some serious mass since this https://www.beautymuscle.net/pin/76894/

I’m curious too.

• hellolaree
    hellolaree Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    2020 Goals:

- consistent, balanced energy daily
    - 2,500 healthy calories daily
    - eating balanced meals incorporating more fruits and vegetables
    - Hit a body weight of 140lbs (I’d like more but I’m only 120 right now and want to see how this goes)
    - get rid of mental fog and increase ability to focus
    - get back into a consistent workout routine
  • luvfit3
    luvfit3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My Personal Goals:

Lose weight
    Feel Great
    Shop Late
    Buy new
    Buy cute
    Buy new and improved
    Stand on a scale
    Without wanting to yell
    Feel better about myself and last
    Be an inspiration to somebody else!

• watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Personally stepping on stage over 200lbs
    Is me only goal
  • fitnessguy266
    fitnessguy266 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ultimately I'm looking to increase my ffmi...
    I'd like to reach 22-23... Right now I'm sitting around 21.5 ish...

Which means gain about 10lbs while keeping my bf the same... It's just going to be a matter of steering the helm back and forth...

I've got nothing but time so we'll see how it goes...

Just simply going to not try so hard to lose the weight I typically gain over the weekend, and focus on legs, and increasing intensity

FFMI Ranges for Men
    Description FFMI Range Body fat percent
    Skinny guy 17-18 10-18
    Typical average guy 18-20 20-27
    Fat guy 19-21 25-40
    Athlete / regular gym user 20-21 10-18
    Advanced gym freak 22-23 6-12
    Elite strength athlete (bodybuilders, etc.) 24-25 8-20

FFMI Ranges for Women
    Description FFMI Range Body fat percent
    Skinny woman 14-15 20-25
    Typical average woman 14-17 22-35