January 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I love seeing the lists of planned races!

Here are mine:

2/8 - Valentine's Day TC 5K

3/21 - Hot Dash 10m

5/2 - Willow trail 20m

5/7 - TC 1m

5/17 - City Trails Half Marathon

6/20 - Grandma's Marathon

7/4 - Red, White, & Boom Half Marathon

9/19 - Surly Trail Half Marathon

10/4 - TC Marathon

12/5 - St. Jude's Half Marathon

Welcome to the thread! It’s funny, I’ve been reading your posts for ages and never realized you were a runner. At the St Jude’s you’ll be in my neck of the woods!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,484 Member
    That's good to hear, @emmamcgarity ! Are you doing anything else for your hamstrings, such as stretching or strengthening?

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @kimlight2 glad to see you back!

Thanks! It's great to be back. :)
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    @quilteryoyo Congratulations on signing up!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,948 Member
    @katharmonic So sorry to hear about your friend. Hoping and praying she is okay.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @katharmonic So sorry to hear about your friend. Hoping and praying she is okay.

ACK! Say here! :open_mouth:
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,430 Member
    Yikes @katharmonic hope you hear an update on your gym friend and she is recovering well! That must have been very scary to witness 😱
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    @katharmonic oh my! Praying for your friend!
  • ajhouse
    ajhouse Posts: 584 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    ajhouse wrote: »
    I guess I am going to jump in, my goal is definitely small to begin with. Aiming to get 20 miles in January.

I started jogging back in 2013 while losing weight and had gotten half way (?) through C25K and found out I was pregnant. I didn't stick with it during pregnancy but did a little after she was born. Did a Color Me Rad 5K, but did more walking than anything bc I was doing it with another new mommy. Baby #2 was born in Sept 2016 and I have done a little jogging off and on since.
    Lost 45 lbs last year and have been in my goal weight range for the past couple of months. I have decided it is time to work on toning and get back to jogging.

I'm a running mom too. Decided to have a baby at 41 1/2 in 2018. Hard to believe he'll be two this year. One of the best purchases I've ever made was a running stroller...

37yo mom here. My girls are 3 and 5 so we tried bike riding while I jogged. It worked for a few minutes, then hubby took them to the playground.